Yingluck says Abhisit should be given chance to seek solution

webfact

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Abhisit has realised that " offering a solution" has given him brownie points, however lame and late in the game it is.

Yingluck and her backers have realised that Abhiisit is moving as far away from Suthep as possible and his end game is nigh.

Highly unlikely an acceptable solution will be born, but highly likely that Suthep is an ex factor.

Where does that leave Thailand?

Probably where it was before Suthep arrived and f---d the country.

You are way out. Gross mismanagement Fd the country, and you know it. K. Suthep was not in the picture when PTP self destructed. Yingluck was hardly around at any time.

You remind of my wife who is also always right, so I simply smile and nod.

So right now I am smiling and nodding!

• Like 1

She's underestimated by a lot of people!

She played suteps game and handled him quite well!

Now she is giving abhisit every chance to find a solution which in means ok show us what you've got!

No secrecy put in on the table and let's see if the thai people agree or not with your solutions and reforms!

Don't read it all silly, the only reason is her back is against the wall, and she hasn't the gorm or order from??? to do any different. She is a joke.

A good PM would never abuse power and get into this mess. TRUTH.

Exactly. After all these years in power with non-stop overseas trips, failure to attend all sorts of meetings, speeches that made no sense and so on she has suddenly understands ? Don't think so, she is as usual under orders.

• Like 1

PM says give Abhisit the chance to try out his political initiative

yingluck-13-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra today (Monday) pleaded with all parties concerned not to pre-judge the sincerity of Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva but to give him the chance to try out his initiative to resolve the political stalemate in a peaceful manner.

The prime minister also suggested Mr Abhisit to discuss with People’s Democratic Reform Committee Secretary-General Suthep Thaugsuban to discuss his proposed political roadmap because the Democrat party leader was the most suitable person to talk with Mr Suthep.

As far as the government is concerned, she said that she was ready to talk with Mr Abhisit and was waiting for his appointment of the date and venue of the meeting.

However for the time being, the prime minister said that the government would closely follow up Mr Abhisit’s move.

She made clear that the government would welcome any initiative or move which would contribute to the solution of the political conflict and would benefit the country.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-says-give-abhisit-chance-try-political-initiative/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-04-29

• Like 1

Abhisit has realised that " offering a solution" has given him brownie points, however lame and late in the game it is.

Yingluck and her backers have realised that Abhiisit is moving as far away from Suthep as possible and his end game is nigh.

Highly unlikely an acceptable solution will be born, but highly likely that Suthep is an ex factor.

Where does that leave Thailand?

Probably where it was before Suthep arrived and f---d the country.

You are way out. Gross mismanagement Fd the country, and you know it. K. Suthep was not in the picture when PTP self destructed. Yingluck was hardly around at any time.

You remind of my wife who is also always right, so I simply smile and nod.

So right now I am smiling and nodding!

You remind me of my Mother in law, she hates the truth when I tell her she's ugly. I am smiling a real smile because my post was fact, your reply was nothing only a diversion. admit it then your conscience will be clear. Have a truthful day.

PM says give Abhisit the chance to try out his political initiative

yingluck-13-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra today (Monday) pleaded with all parties concerned not to pre-judge the sincerity of Democrat party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva but to give him the chance to try out his initiative to resolve the political stalemate in a peaceful manner.

The prime minister also suggested Mr Abhisit to discuss with People’s Democratic Reform Committee Secretary-General Suthep Thaugsuban to discuss his proposed political roadmap because the Democrat party leader was the most suitable person to talk with Mr Suthep.

As far as the government is concerned, she said that she was ready to talk with Mr Abhisit and was waiting for his appointment of the date and venue of the meeting.

However for the time being, the prime minister said that the government would closely follow up Mr Abhisit’s move.

She made clear that the government would welcome any initiative or move which would contribute to the solution of the political conflict and would benefit the country.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-says-give-abhisit-chance-try-political-initiative/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-04-29

Venue anytime on Television, one to one, Ha never in a month of Sundays. She would run a mile.

If this were as I stated Yingluck would only attend if she had earphones on and pre prepared scrip/answers.

I've no idea what she's up to but I hope that her statement was an honest one. As I've said elsewhere her problem is that since the last election she hasn't been the real PM and she wouldn't have been able to do the job anyway. If she'd taken a more normal, slower route to the top or at least to a level she was comfortable with I wouldn't be surprised if she did a good job. Unfortunately she didn't and there's no guarantee that she'll be able to do much now without asking someone else first rather than consulting with the party as should be the case.

A great pity.

How does anyone expect a single mother, with no political clout ( apart from being related to Mr corrupt) or experience to be able to run successfully a country that is so divided . I personally believe there is only one half politician in Thailand and that is Abhisit. So why go hell for leather times ago to dislodge him and his democrat party, to take his place and then fail big time. Unbelieavable.

Technically she's not a "single mother". The father of her son is also her legally recognized common law husband.

... where do you get the idea that a "common law" spouse is legally recognized? Even in the UK, the term is "recognized" for its real meaning, which doesn't give the "common law" spouse any legal standing...!!

In case you haven't noticed, this is Thailand and not the UK. Same terminology, but not the same meaning or interpretation by law. In Thailand a common law marriage is recognized as "legal" after 5 years.

Now she is giving abhisit every chance to find a solution which in means ok show us what you've got!

No secrecy put in on the table and let's see if the thai people agree or not with your solutions and reforms!

You remind me of David Moyes in his post-match comments

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How does anyone expect a single mother, with no political clout ( apart from being related to Mr corrupt) or experience to be able to run successfully a country that is so divided . I personally believe there is only one half politician in Thailand and that is Abhisit. So why go hell for leather times ago to dislodge him and his democrat party, to take his place and then fail big time. Unbelieavable.

Technically she's not a "single mother". The father of her son is also her legally recognized common law husband.

... where do you get the idea that a "common law" spouse is legally recognized? Even in the UK, the term is "recognized" for its real meaning, which doesn't give the "common law" spouse any legal standing...!!

In case you haven't noticed, this is Thailand and not the UK. Same terminology, but not the same meaning or interpretation by law. In Thailand a common law marriage is recognized as "legal" after 5 years.

Is that if your living together or have gone your separate ways for 5 years ??

Actually she is countering his thrust with a parry... and smart to do it ...if indeed there ever is an election the politicking has already begun. She also said she would meet with him,,, so she certainly cannot faulted for that..she is giving him more credence than Suthep for which she had no reason whatsoever to mediate with as he is only an insurrectionist not a possible counterpart in politics in the future...or is he...LOL.. who knows...if Abhisit's efforts result in something substantial.. and something do-able she'd be foolish to have closed the door in advance..it is to everyone's benefit... I have this feeling that deals are already in the works and will undoubtedly be surprised again over the next few months...a more moderate landing may yet come to pass.. though so far I have yet to see Abhisit's plan so will have to wait a few more days for that... but this press release is no more toxic that Abhisit's claim that he has the support of the SC who agrees with him that all sides need to work together... wonder what the headlines will be tomorrow.. Suthep's cat had kitten's...?

Yingluck is not in a position to do any deals, she is crawling-trying to be a sweet mouth.

Had 3 years -new exactly what her party were up to, got into big time Dung, now in mega trouble and losing support every day.

Yingluck is trying to save as much face as possible. Wish I could believe her good intentions, her history she gave to me doesn't sway me.

It even looks like --"I'm sorry" time, so do what you can.

Well until the ruling she is still there... no matter what you think will happen or are convinced will happen or have knowledge of that I don't...she is still there she did not capitulate within any of the deadlines or declarations by Suthep ... she did not fold, she did not topple with all that Suthep and his mob threw at her and you can be as happy as a pig in a poke when and if she is finally toppled by the judiciary coup,,, or an actual military coup but until then... all parties are now in a face save mode... so we will still have to wait a bit longer... i still believe a lot of us will be surprised with the final outcome.. some maybe even delighted...

Are you trying to tell me she is still there ?? she did not fold you said---she did not topple---she was toppled -it was self inflicted and well you know it --do not give me this Suthep tripe. I don't give a fig for her or the PTP as it happened they were the party that was not democratic, I would have given any party hell if they abused the same as they did. I do not feel sorry for her one bit, she and PTP abused power and are paying for it.

What power did she abuse?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Good. It is no time to reject solutions just because of who proposed them. At least he is trying to define some needed reforms and find a way to satisfy everyone. It is time to start ignoring that radical loose cannon Suthep and start listening to what Abhisit has to say.

Agreed...at least give something a try......before knocking it.

• Like 1

Yingluck is not in a position to do any deals, she is crawling-trying to be a sweet mouth.

Had 3 years -new exactly what her party were up to, got into big time Dung, now in mega trouble and losing support every day.

Yingluck is trying to save as much face as possible. Wish I could believe her good intentions, her history she gave to me doesn't sway me.

Are you trying to tell me she is still there ?? she did not fold you said---she did not topple---she was toppled -it was self inflicted and well you know it --do not give me this Suthep tripe. I don't give a fig for her or the PTP as it happened they were the party that was not democratic, I would have given any party hell if they abused the same as they did. I do not feel sorry for her one bit, she and PTP abused power and are paying for it.

What power did she abuse?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Jet power for starters, the rest you will have to look back in the archives, too much to post to you. Or wait for the courts to explain.

coffee1.gif

You've got the wrong end of the stick.

The Shinawatras know their days are numbered.

Kissing ass (or arse) is the new order, under the direction of big brother.

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said Monday that Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva should be given a chance to try to find a solution for the political crisis.

"Abhisit should be allowed to try his best and we will monitor his moves," Yingluck said.

She said if Abhist manages to find a solution accepted by all sides, it would benefit the country.

"The government is open-minded to support anyone in anything that is useful for the country," Yingluck said.

She is starting to sound like a real Thai politician biggrin.png

Too bad for that.

There might have been hope for her.

• Like 1

Well well. Sun rose from east only today. Anyway lets see what's in store in this new episode of Thai political soap opera.

Haven't we all been wanting talks so here it is. At least some progress on talks by opponents. No high hopes but at least we do away with some mud slinging for sometime to come hopefully!

Edited by tamvine
  • Like 1

The problem with the yellows is that they focus so much on yingluck that they miss the big picture.

It doesn't matter because after the antics of the yellows on February 2 the ranting of the peoples sovereign medium or whatever he calls himself the PTP could throw up rin tin tin as their leader and would still win by a landslide.

They are on the nose and they know it!

Their great thinker joked they could even put poles up as candidates and still win................................. he got that wrong too.

Edited by Baerboxer

Dear Ginjag,

today is the day you finally lost it,go for a walk to calm down.

I will repeat what myself and others have been telling you,

The Thais will always surprise you.

PS feel sorry for your MIL

Please tell me why "I have lost it", Calm down -ha didn't know I was excited, the other 10 have been telling me what???

Do not feel sorry for my Mother I Law, when she comes to my house the mice throw themselves into the traps. she is that thin she has braces on her corset. She said to me yesterday, "what is different about me today" I said you have new shoes on, she said "no I have a face pack on"

enjoy, so you can see by my reply -I have lost it.

And then you woke up?

He seems to dream she is really a big player in all this. Not realized someone else writes the scripts. Good actress though, although the wheel chair and various foot casts were a bit of an over plot.

• Like 1

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said Monday that Democrat leader Abhisit Vejjajiva should be given a chance to try to find a solution for the political crisis.

"Abhisit should be allowed to try his best and we will monitor his moves," Yingluck said.

She said if Abhist manages to find a solution accepted by all sides, it would benefit the country.

"The government is open-minded to support anyone in anything that is useful for the country," Yingluck said.

She is starting to sound like a real Thai politician biggrin.png

Too bad for that.

There might have been hope for her.

More like no hope.

Dear Ginjag,

Please tell me why "I have lost it", Calm down -ha didn't know I was excited, the other 10 have been telling me what???

Do not feel sorry for my Mother I Law, when she comes to my house the mice throw themselves into the traps. she is that thin she has braces on her corset. She said to me yesterday, "what is different about me today" I said you have new shoes on, she said "no I have a face pack on"

Don't give up the day job!

Dear Ginjag,

Don't give up the day job!

No work permit.

You still didn't tell me why "I lost it"------Ha who are the others? but they stand out a mile the same lot that is in denial in political topics. At a bull fight the bull would win every time, if you get my drift ???

This could be a brilliant tactical move. Appealing to AV's ego, by making him the peacemaker who puts the troublesome Suthep out to pasture for good. If AV and Suthep were playing good cop -bad cop,it might be different, but they do not seem to be on the same page.

A relatively peaceful resolution is suddenly at least a possibility!:)

uote name="DirtFarmer" post="7749124" timestamp="1398685166"]

Actually she is countering his thrust with a parry... and smart to do it ...if indeed there ever is an election the politicking has already begun. She also said she would meet with him,,, so she certainly cannot faulted for that..she is giving him more credence than Suthep for which she had no reason whatsoever to mediate with as he is only an insurrectionist not a possible counterpart in politics in the future...or is he...LOL.. who knows...if Abhisit's efforts result in something substantial.. and something do-able she'd be foolish to have closed the door in advance..it is to everyone's benefit... I have this feeling that deals are already in the works and will undoubtedly be surprised again over the next few months...a more moderate landing may yet come to pass.. though so far I have yet to see Abhisit's plan so will have to wait a few more days for that... but this press release is no more toxic that Abhisit's claim that he has the support of the SC who agrees with him that all sides need to work together... wonder what the headlines will be tomorrow.. Suthep's cat had kitten's...?

Well until the ruling she is still there... no matter what you think will happen or are convinced will happen or have knowledge of that I don't...she is still there she did not capitulate within any of the deadlines or declarations by Suthep ... she did not fold, she did not topple with all that Suthep and his mob threw at her and you can be as happy as a pig in a poke when and if she is finally toppled by the judiciary coup,,, or an actual military coup but until then... all parties are now in a face save mode... so we will still have to wait a bit longer... i still believe a lot of us will be surprised with the final outcome.. some maybe even delighted...

So who is the caretaker Pm now...?

Who Is the caretaker defense Minister now...? and all the other caretaker cabinet members continuing to keep this whole thing running...?

The ones getting the decrees? the ones attempting to get people paid... the ones committed to doing what they are mandated to do until a new election or other occurrences that may change the game...?You...? You are now the caretaker everything..? Darn..I missed that one! Sorry to have disrespected you omnipotent one... Go on rant your rants ... you keep repeating them over and over... that is fine... but no matter how much you spit into the wind the fact remains she is still at this moment the caretaker PM despite of the millions and millions of baht and hundreds and hundreds of demands thrown at her... by the un democratic _Democrat Party, Suthep and all his cronies... and anybody with a sober.. look at all of this can see that every Pm here as far back as there have been PM's probably have had things go badly or flat out been exposed for corruption... including the party that you may cheer for now so at this point self- righteousness is ill spent... and I care not who you pity, or you "feel sorry" for..it has nothing to do with the OP

• Like 1

Good. It is no time to reject solutions just because of who proposed them. At least he is trying to define some needed reforms and find a way to satisfy everyone. It is time to start ignoring that radical loose cannon Suthep and start listening to what Abhisit has to say.

Yes, but at the end of the day we all know that Abisit will not go against his boss Suthep !

Yes, but at the end of the day we all know that Abisit will not go against his boss Suthep !

You have read too many books and seen too many movies--(black and white) (silent)

Don't have the brains or the know how!

And once again the superior we know better you high so attitude comes out!

You just don't get it!

Your lot will never get the reigns again!

Ok support an election.

The yellows will get creamed,

As one poster commented about posters calling them yellows.Same dog different collar and the electorate hasn't forgotten.

So let the people decide,

If the dems win they win if the PTP win they win.

No worries here!

You ok with that?

Of the Red Shirt leaders how many of them could actually pass even a high school exam without cheating?

Mark is intellectually far superior to them and you.

So why does he let Suthep control him....................Moral weakness ?

Don't have the brains or the know how!

And once again the superior we know better you high so attitude comes out!

You just don't get it!

Your lot will never get the reigns again!

Ok support an election.

The yellows will get creamed,

As one poster commented about posters calling them yellows.Same dog different collar and the electorate hasn't forgotten.

So let the people decide,

If the dems win they win if the PTP win they win.

No worries here!

You ok with that?

Of the Red Shirt leaders how many of them could actually pass even a high school exam without cheating?

Mark is intellectually far superior to them and you.

Edited by oldsailor35