Pheu Thai calls on all sides to back election

webfact

Pheu Thai calls on all sides to back election

PNPOL570429001000401_29042014_095601.jpe

BANGKOK, 29 April 2014 (NNT) – The Pheu Thai Party has urged all political sides to refrain from violence, and instead, seek solutions through an election.

The party representatives, Pheu Thai Secretary-General Phumtham Wechayachai and Pheu Thai strategist Pokin Polakul made an official announcement, calling on the Election Commission (EC) and the government to hurriedly schedule an exact date for the pending general election. The announcement followed a meeting of political parties during which most of the parties agreed that the only peaceful solution to the current conflict was through an election.

Mr. Phumtham added that the Pheu Thai Party would like to see a royal decree brought forward in order to set a clear direction for the country as well as to minimize violence.

He also called on all parties to participate in the election regardless of their political standpoint, adding that the longer Thailand is without a government, the more damage is done to the country.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-04-29 footer_n.gif

I just can not help but think their is a hidden agenda with the PTP, I really don't trust them at all , all their previous programs have virtually been discredited as botched or corrupt failures, nothing this crowd has done has ever succeeded , it amazes me how they can even front up and call themselves a credible alternative and a picture tells a thousand words ,where is the Prime Minister in this photo. bah.gif

Let's vote on it with UN observers and/or Asean observers.

Abhisit and the DP are preventing a legitimate or viable election by their obstinate aversion to presenting themselves and their program of "reforms" to the voters for their ultimate and final sovereign decision.

Unless and until that happens, I don't trust Abhisit, Suthep, their still anonymous cave man PDRC and their thugs.

• Like 1

What a selfish bunch. They never even tried to start any kind of reform. They want things to stay as is. Full power through vote buying in order to rob the coffers and at the same time try to eliminate all checks and balances. Viva nepotism and cronyism.

No that isn't true, they tried several "reforms" of the courts that would bring them under their control.

• Like 2

I just can not help but think their is a hidden agenda with the PTP, I really don't trust them at all , all their previous programs have virtually been discredited as botched or corrupt failures, nothing this crowd has done has ever succeeded , it amazes me how they can even front up and call themselves a credible alternative and a picture tells a thousand words ,where is the Prime Minister in this photo. bah.gif

Abhisit and the DP are preventing a legitimate or viable election by their obstinate aversion to presenting themselves and their program of "reforms" to the voters for their ultimate and final sovereign decision.

Unless and until that happens, I don't trust Abhisit, Suthep, their still anonymous cave man PDRC and their thugs.

Public US... News for you ... You DON'T have to worry, you are just a Farang .. Abhisit and Suthep have absolutely nothing to do with or for you.. This is a Thai matter .. If you don't like it , burger off back to your good ol USA.. and stick your "legitimate and viable" where your mom never kissed you...

• Like 1

An old saying really applies here. If you are not part of the problem you are part of the solution. This works both ways. If they are part of the problem they cant also br part of the solution. All the parties and groups that have abused thier position, taken advantage of the country and their people, broken laws or tried to change laws for self preservation and disregarded court judgements should remove themselves from politics forever. This should be a law here. They can never achieve a solution to the problems facing thailands government because they ARE the problem

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The quiet background discussion among the 40 democracies of the world that endorsed the Feb 2nd election during the unsuccessful run up to it is that Abhisit has lost his legitimacy and that the Democrat Party is a spent force among the voters.

AV is presently scampering around and about, speaking for others with whom he meets, in large part to try to recover from the desperation of his new status as the fallen angel of Thailand.

Abhisit needs to show he's more than a rapid action PR acrobat by coming on down to earth to participate in an election that can be called asap and that the DP will contest the election. The PTP and the DP can then present both themselves and their respective reform proposals to the voters for their ultimate and final decision and their clear verdict..

Anything less from AV and the DP is BS.

Are you just repeating what that idiot Surapong said " 50 countries endorsed the election."

He couldn't actually name them but I have an idea of a few of them

ie one party states that have democratic elections with one party or with little or no opposition allowed.

eg The Republic of China, The Democratic Republic of North Korea, Cuba, Eritria, Zimbabwe, Vietnam, Laos, Uzbekisatan, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Kazakhstan, Angola, Botswana,Cameroun, Ethiopia

Interesting enough apart from China many are close to being failed states due to corruption & nepotism

You are seriously off on a wild and screwy tangent which is par for the course for you guys.

Instead of endlessly reciting the cave man PDRC lines, you need to speak to Abhisit and the DP who are against one person one vote elections.

Abhisit and the DP chose instead to forfeit the field to a still unrealized Putsch by the raging self-appointed people's sovereign Suthep and their still anonymous cave men of the PDRC.

Abhisit and the DP have chosen to leave the field open to an unelected and still anonymous "People's Council" and to an appointed and still anonymous National Assembly to rule absolutely for who knows how long under the pretext of implementing still unspecified "reforms" that the National Assembly only and exclusively would make to impose on the whole of the population and the political system.

The PDRC has openly stated it will purge whole families and political figures from the country and will do so summarily and arbitrarily to suit itself and to please only itself.

In short, your whole post is assinine [sic], off the wall. Now Asean is in process of endorsing an asap election in Thailand. I invite you and your fellows to challenge that. I await your challenge of that too

• Like 2

If you trust PTP you do not trust yourself.

Edited by ginjag

The quiet background discussion among the 40 democracies of the world that endorsed the Feb 2nd election during the unsuccessful run up to it is that Abhisit has lost his legitimacy and that the Democrat Party is a spent force among the voters.

AV is presently scampering around and about, speaking for others with whom he meets, in large part to try to recover from the desperation of his new status as the fallen angel of Thailand.

Abhisit needs to show he's more than a rapid action PR acrobat by coming on down to earth to participate in an election that can be called asap and that the DP will contest the election. The PTP and the DP can then present both themselves and their respective reform proposals to the voters for their ultimate and final decision and their clear verdict..

Are you just repeating what that idiot Surapong said " 50 countries endorsed the election."

ie one party states that have democratic elections with one party or with little or no opposition allowed.

eg The Republic of China, The Democratic Republic of North Korea, Cuba, Eritria, Zimbabwe, Vietnam, Laos, Uzbekisatan, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Kazakhstan, Angola, Botswana,Cameroun, Ethiopia

Interesting enough apart from China many are close to being failed states due to corruption & nepotism

You are seriously off on a wild and screwy tangent which is par for the course for you guys.

Instead of endlessly reciting the cave man PDRC lines, you need to speak to Abhisit and the DP who are against one person one vote elections.

Abhisit and the DP chose instead to forfeit the field to a still unrealized Putsch by the raging self-appointed people's sovereign Suthep and their still anonymous cave men of the PDRC.

Abhisit and the DP have chosen to leave the field open to an unelected and still anonymous "People's Council" and to an appointed and still anonymous National Assembly to rule absolutely for who knows how long under the pretext of implementing still unspecified "reforms" that the National Assembly only and exclusively would make to impose on the whole of the population and the political system.

The PDRC has openly stated it will purge whole families and political figures from the country and will do so summarily and arbitrarily to suit itself and to please only itself.

In short, your whole post is assinine [sic], off the wall. Now Asean is in process of endorsing an asap election in Thailand. I invite you and your fellows to challenge that. I await your challenge of that too

Speak all you like about whoever you want the truth is Yingluck and the PTP self destructed. Sorry never mind what followed get the truth in your head.

Shot it'self in the foot and is paying a penalty for it.................. now want a chance to get re elected, people who try to destroy a nation with their greed do not deserve another chance.

AND THAT GOES FOR ANY PARTY.

So you are one those guys that are happy with the way things are going.

I disagree with your post. It's merely a cheap shot to discredit AV and what he is doing. All in line with PT's tactics. I don't say this because you are pro Thaksin. Nobody in the international community has condemned Suthep for what he is doing. Same applies to the Dems and AV. Think about it because it says a lot. You don't seam to get is. Which is good I guess.

But I guess we should also thank Yingluck for all the hard work end endless debates she is involved with to get Thailand going. She doesn't even have time to show up at this important PT announcement. giggle.gif

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 2

Are you just repeating what that idiot Surapong said

Yes, the like-minded often sound familiar.

• Like 1

Public US... News for you ... You DON'T have to worry, you are just a Farang .. Abhisit and Suthep have absolutely nothing to do with or for you.. This is a Thai matter .. If you don't like it , burger off back to your good ol USA.. and stick your "legitimate and viable" where your mom never kissed you...

Shape up dude. If you are going to say your crude remarks to any farang, then you'd need to say them to all farang. No exceptions for any reason.

Thailand is a United States formal national security treaty ally which Prez Obama visited two years ago, Prez Bush visited while he was in office and that Prez Clinton visited while he was in office, each of which met with His Majesty The King at the Royal Palace.

Siam and the United States signed their first treaty in 1833, The Treaty of Comity and Economic Relations, which made the Kingdom the first formal treaty ally of the United States in Asia.

Tell your mother about it. And you yourself can kiss me there any time.

The Pheu Thai Party has urged all political sides to refrain from violence, and instead, seek solutions through an election.

I hope they also told this to the UDD/Red Shirts, police and their lap dog CAPO, and especially emphasized the part about refraining from violence.

Do not despair, they are only following orders from Big Brother. Remember he is watching you.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Looks like GK is on day off today. So are you on duty on the roster for today?

In regard to your comment: "The PDRC has openly stated it will purge whole families and political figures from the country and will do so summarily and arbitrarily to suit itself and to please only itself." Lets try your own approach to this: 'Provide a link'.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

In regard to your comment: "The PDRC has openly stated it will purge whole families and political figures from the country and will do so summarily and arbitrarily to suit itself and to please only itself." Lets try your own approach to this: 'Provide a link'.

GK is covering the OXFORD topic.

So you are one those guys that are happy with the way things are going.

I disagree with your post. It's merely a cheap shot to discredit AV and what he is doing. All in line with PT's tactics. I don't say this because you are pro Thaksin. Nobody in the international community has condemned Suthep for what he is doing. Same applies to the Dems and AV. Think about it because it says a lot. You don't seam to get is. Which is good I guess.

But I guess we should also thank Yingluck for all the hard work end endless debates she is involved with to get Thailand going. She doesn't even have time to show up at this important PT announcement. giggle.gif

You presume, and you of course presume wrongly which means you mischaracterize me and misrepresent my views and analysis of modern Thailand. I'd say your faults are more rooted in thoughtless attitudes than in anything nefarious.

Still, it's time for you to go back to school, but you can get online learning here, in this post, and free of charge.

When you say "Nobody in the international community has condemned Suthep for what he is doing. Same applies to the Dems and AV. Think about it." you'd need find out much more about that. Governments don't publicly choose sides in the domestic disputes of other countries, governments. Foreign governments call for peaceful and democratic resolutions to disputes within other countries, democratic ones especially. Many posters know that publicly and officially, that's the diplomatic protocol.

Any rule has its exception, and the exception to this rule is a sharp and distinctive one. Horrendous leaders of foreign governments are criticized, as in the case of Syria, or get roundly condemned, as in the instance of North Korea. Mugabe is virtually every democratic government's devil.

So no democratic government to include Asean governments have criticized either Thaksin, Yingluck, Suthep or Abhisit, and no government will openly or publicly do so.

Think about it.

As an afterthought, the OP reports a PTP event, not an official Government of Thailand event. Kuhn Phumtham Wechayachai is secretary-general of the Pheu Thai Party, Yingluck Shinawatra is prime minister of Thailand. Kuhn Phumtham is pictured in the OP in the center reading the political party's statement.

PM Yingluck is busy with a certain unemployed opposition politician who's shopping his CV.

Shape up dude. If you are going to say your crude remarks to any farang, then you'd need to say them to all farang. No exceptions for any reason.

Thailand is a United States formal national security treaty ally which Prez Obama visited two years ago, Prez Bush visited while he was in office and that Prez Clinton visited while he was in office, each of which met with His Majesty The King at the Royal Palace.

Siam and the United States signed their first treaty in 1833, The Treaty of Comity and Economic Relations, which made the Kingdom the first formal treaty ally of the United States in Asia.

Tell your mother about it. And you yourself can kiss me there any time.

And herein lies the problem you pompous little poodle, I and many other westerners have had their fill with the USA. Mind you I had mine back in 1971 after my second tour in Vietnam. The three Presidents you name, have screwed each and every country they have meddled in and with, as uninvited guests. Now they are doing a hatchet job on their own country. Thaksin is a puppet of the west, namely the USA and they will do anything to keep him and his family in control.

Ah yes, you'd invited me to do the same a couple of days ago at another thread and I addressed your issue in a different way but I did address your issue. When I restated the point in a post earlier today I'd expected you to invite me anew to post links.

Your own anti-democracy posters have posted in greater numbers and on more occasions than I can count that, not only will the Shinawatra family be purged from Thailand, but so will the families Suthep and the cave men of the PDRC - and the still anonymous appointed "People's Council" and the appointed yet still anonymous National Assembly - have summarily and arbitrarily identified need to be "cleansed" from Thailand. This includes of course all of the "Thaksin regime" and its allies.

From what too many of your fellow feudal posters have posted, that would include certain undesirable farang whom the salivating posters have arbitrarily and summarily identified as pro-Thaksin and family / regime, and thus equally as evil as the Shinawatra family and its Thai allies in Thailand.

So you are invited to check out but three links. There are more if you find the reading informativel, enlightening and/or frightening.

http://focusweb.org/content/thai-politics-glance

http://asiancorrespondent.com/116542/opinion-thailands-anti-govt-protests-suthep-is-riding-the-tiger-into-chaos/

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL1312/S00161/us-trained-army-supports-thailands-election.htm

"adding that the longer Thailand is without a government, the more damage is done to the country."

Should have said:

The longer Thailand is with this government, the more damage is done to the country.

Should have said that the longer Thailand is without the PTP government the LESS damage will be done to the country.

Don't mention elections!

The yellows can't stand the word.They would prefer the the self proclaimed peoples medium to have his way and set up his reform council and just toss whoever they see fit out of the country.

Mention vote and the whole yellow brigade go off their trolleys because they know the result will go the PTP by a country mile.

Notice the little minded snide remarks from the devout yellows again to anyone who has a different opinion.

They only cheapen whatever point you are trying to make!

• Like 1