Conflict of interest Condo owners/ committee members

Does anybody know a court case, where a judge ruled, that co-owners / committee mebers cannot vote for third parties, where they have an interest in?

The civil code Sec 99 says so, but some lawyers argue, that this does not count for the condo act, as it does not mention conflict of interest and a reference to the civil code.

No . By sigining a proxy to vote over to someone else they are either complelled to vote as per your instructions to them or if no instructions then as they see fit in the circumstances.

80% of Condo meetings would not get the necessary quorum numbers to get the meeting started without the use of Proxy votes. Bane of my existence. smile.png

This is not about proxies. The Civil Code Sec 99 forbids a committee member and co-owner to vote for a contract with a third party, that he owns or has an interest in.

I just need to know, whether anybody knows about a law suit, where this was dealt with for a condo association.

Many juristic managers are owned by the developer and sign contracts with third parties, that they own.

I know, that there have been lawsuits about it, but I don't know how to find them.

This is not about proxies. The Civil Code Sec 99 forbids a committee member and co-owner to vote for a contract with a third party, that he owns or has an interest in.

I just need to know, whether anybody knows about a law suit, where this was dealt with for a condo association.

Many juristic managers are owned by the developer and sign contracts with third parties, that they own.

I know, that there have been lawsuits about it, but I don't know how to find them.

Righto. Your the expert. Best of luck