light and easy glove recommendations.

Som wat

I know these are not what you are looking for but do not foget the cheap gardening gloves made of cheap leather from homepro or makro. THey do not replace real gloves but are better than nothing for short scooter trips and are unlikely to get stolen if you leave them in the bike basket.

My current gloves, a pair of 400 baht fake koso or fox ones are better than them. Would disintergrate in a slide and will rip at the seams within two months though. There is also no basket on my bike haha.

Yep got a recommendation for you: Just got Scocyo gloves for 750 baht. It's the "top" model for this cheap brand and figures an actual kevlar palm protector, and carbon fiber knuckle protectors. And some sticky stuff on the inside that make for a good grip. Had them for a week and now they're perfect, super comfortable, light, and cool. And you can't beat the price.

Prior I had Revit leather gloves - they looked nice but never broke in to the point where they'd be comfortable, and they fell apart after 6 months, quite literally.

I also had Icon leather gloves which were fantastically comfortable but I lost them and can't find them anymore in Thailand. The shop that had them doesn't anymore. Icon Pursuit. They were a bit hotter than the Scocyos but very nice to wear.

• Like 1

Panda rider has nice perforated revit leather gloves. Light, easy, comfy and less sweaty. Around 2 - 3 k. Paddock has cheaper ones.

I wear half gloves in the city with palm and knuckle protection. I know it is a compromise on safety but they are so comfortable and you can use your fingers. Paddock has taichi ones for 800 thb.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by ll2

Yep got a recommendation for you: Just got Scocyo gloves for 750 baht. It's the "top" model for this cheap brand and figures an actual kevlar palm protector, and carbon fiber knuckle protectors. And some sticky stuff on the inside that make for a good grip. Had them for a week and now they're perfect, super comfortable, light, and cool. And you can't beat the price.

Prior I had Revit leather gloves - they looked nice but never broke in to the point where they'd be comfortable, and they fell apart after 6 months, quite literally.

I also had Icon leather gloves which were fantastically comfortable but I lost them and can't find them anymore in Thailand. The shop that had them doesn't anymore. Icon Pursuit. They were a bit hotter than the Scocyos but very nice to wear.

Is it this? Looks interesting. Are they available in "really big sizes"? I wear RevIt gloves in XXL and they fit me very well. Most local brands are too small for me. I already tried a lot.

SCOYCO GLOVE MC14B

fb9c8408-539b-40a8-953e-f3bf4b93572f.jpg

I have a pair of RevIt Sand and after two years their still are strong and OK. But with the leather on the down side they are also hot. The new Sand Pro should be much cooler, but at 3500Baht much too expensive.

Edited by wantan

Actually the ones I have now are Scoyco, or a copy there of.

These ones

SCOYCO-MC-12D-gloves-M-XXL-8-9-5cm-motor

Were about 500b at the shops in Sapan Kwai. Unfortunately starting to rip at the wrist seams could be fake ones. Other than that I'm very happy with them. Anyone know of an official dealer of Scoyco in BKK?

I find a glove's long term durability a crapshoot.

I've had $15 Thai cheapies last 2 years but $250 Kushitanis and $100 Alpinestars fall apart in a year.

So far Held is the best brand I've owned but have never seen them here and not sure if they make hot weather ones.

Now I buy cheaper gloves because I find nothing lasts long in the Thai heat, your sweat breaks down the gloves quickly.

• Like 2

I bought my fake ducati gloves for about a 1000b at m-speed rider gear. must say I buy most of my stuff with them, ridergear there and parts at rama 2 shop, nice people.

I don't ride a ducati but, these gloves have good protection and the back of the hand has parts made from mesh which is much cooler in the heat. they been great so far.

• Like 1

Is it this? Looks interesting. Are they available in "really big sizes"? I wear RevIt gloves in XXL and they fit me very well. Most local brands are too small for me. I already tried a lot.

SCOYCO GLOVE MC14B

fb9c8408-539b-40a8-953e-f3bf4b93572f.jpg

I have a pair of RevIt Sand and after two years their still are strong and OK. But with the leather on the down side they are also hot. The new Sand Pro should be much cooler, but at 3500Baht much too expensive.

Yeah this appears to be it. MC14b.

There's an official website too but it's really light on actual info as well, LOL

http://www.scoyco.com/en/displayproduct.html?proID=525730#.U2QkOl5CJBA

Of course I got the red one, it's faster

wKiAiVJyE0O4d7o2AAUMx6jzK8A062.jpg

Looking at online prices I guess I got a deal at 750. That's the shop opposite Suriwong Book Center in Chiang Mai. Quickly becoming my favorite. Yesterday the shop owner gave me some tips on helmet shapes of all things - I commented on him being such an expert on that, as it is a rather obscure topic; I mean try talking about head shapes at any of the big shops - they won't know. He said he's no expert but he's listening to what customers tell him, both farang and Thai. He recommended me helmet models where the Thai customers complain about them being too narrow...

Wearing size L, XL was too big. L is slightly larger than a Revit L as Revit seems to be cut pretty small. L almost always fits me.

Edited by nikster
  • Like 1