will alcohol be sold

rodknock

I just took Graham for his morning walk/dump about an hour or so ago and there were little pockets of chaps huddled around whisky bottles already at this ungodly hour, all over the place on the main road.

As ever I suppose it can vary from area to area upon the whim of the local stuffed shirts and as to how 'Thai' they are feeling before they feel the need to puff their chests out, have a few pointless ceremonies, wave their knobs around and inflict their 'thainess' on the people.

I'm sure you'll get the usual puritans here claiming that if you can't do without a drink for a few days, you should consider going home etc....

Edited by HeavyDrinker
  • Like 1

Just checked it on the tv holiday info ,1 may is not public holiday,the other two are,i think 13th is the one were they don't sell it as it is a budda day.

they still sell it ,just a bit more "under the table " than usual .......laugh.png

I just took Graham for his morning walk/dump about an hour or so ago and there were little pockets of chaps huddled around whisky bottles already at this ungodly hour, all over the place on the main road.

As ever I suppose it can vary from area to area upon the whim of the local stuffed shirts and as to how 'Thai' they are feeling before they feel the need to puff their chests out, have a few pointless ceremonies, wave their knobs around and inflict their 'thainess' on the people.

I'm sure you'll get the usual puritans here claiming that if you can't do without a drink for a few days, you should consider going home etc....

Is Graham your little lad ........

Today (1 May) is a public holiday, as is Monday. Neither are dry days however.

This is correct. It's amazing how many ways you can permutate three days into ways that each are wrong.

May 5 is Coronation Day. It is likely that many districts will "request" liquor sales to cease and bars not to open and serve alcohol. It is not an official dry day.

May 9, the day of the Royal Ploughing Ceremony is NOT a holiday. The Department of Redundancy Department has confirmed it also is not dry.

May 13, Visakha Bucha Day, *is* an official holiday, *is* a Buddhist (high) holiday, and is officially dry.

Apparently we have little Graham taking a dump on the neighbor's lawn and others known rather well only to HD who are out and about exposing themselves.

"wave their knobs around "

Sounds a bit like Black Rod working his wonders at the opening of Parliament back in Old Blighty... well at least the bit about flaunting his ornate knob at pointless ceremonies.

blackrod460.jpg"wave their knobs around "

Edited by Suradit69

Apparently we have little Graham taking a dump on the neighbor's lawn and others known rather well only to HD who are out and about exposing themselves.

"wave their knobs around "

Sounds a bit like Black Rod working his wonders at the opening of Parliament back in Old Blighty... well at least the bit about flaunting his ornate knob at pointless ceremonies.

blackrod460.jpg"wave their knobs around "

Little Graham is his Thai boy whom he keeps in his bedroom wardrobe, only to brought out at play time. ?????

You can buy 2 boxes of beers (10 Litres?) anytime of day.

So you can keep a stash for when you feel like a beer or what ever.

As a Greek said to me many years ago - If you are too hot have a little alcohol

But as they say - not on Religious/Polictical days

You can buy 2 boxes of beers (10 Litres?) anytime of day.

So you can keep a stash for when you feel like a beer or what ever.

As a Greek said to me many years ago - If you are too hot have a little alcohol

But as they say - not on Religious/Polictical days

that would depends on ones polictical /religious persuasion

personally i have no interest in religion or polictics in equal measures so i

just drink when i feel like having 1 (or 20 ) ...............ymmv :)

Geez.

I used to wonder why every time there was about to be a holiday, someone would inevitably write an OP like this.

I thought to myself, why not just stock up? How hard is that?

After all these years the only thing I can think of is:

a/ they don't have the funds to stock up;

or

b/ some expats are so excruciatingly bored they look forward to a trip to the market, even to buy a singe bottle of beer;

or

c/ they will do anything to up their post count.

b/ some expats are so excruciatingly bored they look forward to a trip to the market, even to buy a singe bottle of beer;

or

c/ they will do anything to up their post count.

Nah...we have other diversions you will not find at home!

Or possibly consider getting a life.