How to save a file from a CD.

chiangrai

Hi,

I bought a CD from Amazon and I want to save it in my computer with my other videos.Is this possible.

I tried playing it with VLC and recording it at the same time but it recorded the video and sound for the first hour and then recorded video with no sound.

VLC says the file type is (.vob) and I understand that the problem is that the CD is copyright encrypted.

Does anybody know how I can get around this.I know of titankey DRM converter but they want 40USD for the program.

I am on windows seven.

Many thanks.

try format Factory. It changes audio, video and picture files into other formats at the click of a button. It is free but just make sure you unclick the boxes that ask if you want to install the ask toolbar and make ask your search engine during the instalation. Other than that it works fine thumbsup.gif

As you notified, there are programs that convert and remove DRM at the same time but they cost a little. I bought a program that allows me to convert just about any book to an eBook file stripped of DRM. I think that the developer of my program also does music and video. It might be worth it to spend $30-$40 just to keep it simple and avoid hassle!

"Anydvd" from Slysoft will also do the job. It's not free, though. It's a very neat little utility program which loads (if you want) and stays in the background. Then you can copy, paste, edit, etc any CD or DVD without worrying about DRM. Anydvd defeats it in the background, and you can treat the CD or DVD as though it was unprotected. Anydvd will also strip out ads, announcements, and clips you would otherwise be forced to let play. Anyhow, it sounds like you've got your problem solved. Good luck.

try format Factory. It changes audio, video and picture files into other formats at the click of a button. It is free but just make sure you unclick the boxes that ask if you want to install the ask toolbar and make ask your search engine during the instalation. Other than that it works fine thumbsup.gif

Agreed

Normally you should be able to “Open files” instead of “Play”, for example if you right click the PC-mouse. When inserting the disc, hold the shift key down when the DVD-close, and keep the shift down for a while to stop “Autorun” (automatic play function). The Open “My computer” and right click on the DVD.

You can copy all content to a new folder. A PC DVD-player-program will play the DVD (some versions of Windows Media Player will also run it). You can furthermore copy it to a memory stick and play it on your TV (modern flat screen with USB port).

The .vob is the file extension for a DVD video file, but is in fact an Mpeg-II video file. If you change the .vob file extension to .mp2 (or just .mpg) then any Mpeg-player-software will play the files. The first 2 (or more) small .vob-files (VIDEO_TS.VOB & VTS_01, sometimes all VTS_NN_0 files) are normally not part of the actual movie. Subtitles and language versions will be lost when playing as .mp2. (Disregard .IFO and .BUP files, when playing as normal Mpeg).

Various software programs may enable you to rip the DVD and convert it to other formats, including selected subtitles.

I downloaded DVDdecripter from softonic,

It ripped the video to my hard disc as a .vob file.

I can now play it but it's 7GBs big but I think I can manage to

change it to mp4 with out anymore help.

Thanks for the advice.