Teaching In Pattaya (part Time)

3stan

AUA are the only language school chain with a branch in Pattaya.

There are a couple of small independent schools, Pattaya School of languages and computers in Pattaya Klang and a French run place in Soi Town in Town just round the corner from foodland that pay absolutely dire wages (120/200 baht and hour respectively).

You could try picking up privates by advertising in Pattaya Mail. It is free to advertise in their Education classifieds section.

Alternatively there is plenty of work in Sirracha if you are wiling to travel.

Hi,

Are there any other 'agencies' besides AUA in Pattaya? I'm looking for part time work in the area. I do hold a TEFL certificate and B.A.

Thanks

I happen to know of a language school in Pattaya that may have such an opening.

Check your PM's. :o

There are a couple of small independent schools, Pattaya School of languages and computers in Pattaya Klang and a French run place in Soi Town in Town just round the corner from foodland that pay absolutely dire wages (120/200 baht and hour respectively).

You could try picking up privates by advertising in Pattaya Mail. It is free to advertise in their Education classifieds section.

To the best of my knowledge, none of the language schools in Sriracha will sponsor the proper work permit and non-resident visa documents to work here legally. Word to the wise. One teacher has already been sent up.

:o

To the best of my knowledge, none of the language schools in Sriracha will sponsor the proper work permit and non-resident visa documents to work here legally. Word to the wise. One teacher has already been sent up.

I work in Sirracha and have a work permit that I obtained via the language centre.

I work in Sirracha and have a work permit that I obtained via the language centre.

Congratulations... :D That's amazing. You're the first I've ever heard of here for that category of schooling. Every other language school here like ECC or Success don't do that for any of the teachers I've known. Only teachers I knew of that worked here legally were in the private school category, eg Assumption.

Edited by sriracha john

Good, local comments here from folks actually on the ground. No need to move this to Teaching in Thailand forum, although related issues are discussed there.

Well, 3stan has also posted a thread on the teaching forum; no problem.

I don't like to move local matters to a general forum; you guys know where you are.

120 to 200 baht/hour..haha :o What kind of teacher is willing to teach at that rate?? I never taught for less than 400..ok, that was in bkk but still..

The previously-mentioned ECC and Success here both were paying 250B/hr the last I heard. No doubt contributes to the frequent comings and goings of undocumented teachers in our little hamlet.