Good Lebanese restaurant in Pattaya?

GBK

Hi

I`m not knowledgeable with Lebanese food but myself and partner tried Lebanese Palace restaurant on 3 rd Road, not far from the Tony`s Gym & Lido Apartment complex.( There is a very similar sounding Lebanese restaurant in Central, I`m not talking about that one, never been )

We both considered the food and service to be very good.

https://www.facebook.com/lebanesepattaya.

Open 11.00 AM - 2.00 AM, last orders 1.00 AM

smile.png

The menus between the Central mall location and 3rd road are in some ways totally identical, including prices on specific dishes. Not sure what happened. Some have said the owners of the current 3rd road place used to own the Central mall place. I have eaten at the 3rd road place and found it quite good. For all I know the food is the same at the mall ... the jury is out on that.

If you're specifically looking for a good variety of Middle Eastern hummus dishes, a good place for that is the My Place Israeli restaurant on Soi Beoakow. Feature of that place -- NO SHISHA! Actually better prices than these two Lebanese places for those dishes. This place also seems to feature some North African origin Israeli food and flavors, such as SHAKSHUKA, and an excellent North African HOT CHILI SAUCE is served with a number of their dishes.

Edited by Jingthing

I was hoping for the Lebanese salad dishes actually, but hummus would be in the mix.

Is the Israeli place only cheaper for the hummus then?

Any location pointers for either of these?

I was hoping for the Lebanese salad dishes actually, but hummus would be in the mix.

Is the Israeli place only cheaper for the hummus then?

Any location pointers for either of these?

It's hard to directly compare as other than the hummus there isn't much overlap. But yes I would say overall. For example a chicken liver dish at the Palace I think is the same prices as a chicken liver dish at My Place but at the latter you get a choice of side starch and a lettuce/cuke/tomato salad. At the Palace you even need to pay extra for pita bread with the hummus.

Map of the Palace on 3rd road, pretty far from the beach:

https://www.facebook.com/lebanesepattaya/page_map

This map might help:

http://pattaya-times.com/images/en/6263.jpg

For the Palace find 3rd road and see where Soi Yensabai feeds into. Roughly across the street on 3rd road.

For My Place, locate Soi Buakhao.

See where the feeder road runs into from behind Avenue Mall on 2nd road.

The restaurant is roughly on Soi Buakhao between where the above road runs into it and Pattaya Tai (on the east side of street) on a corner. There is baht bus service on this Soi as well.

Edited by Jingthing

hey...I lost my luggage yesterday on the trip from Jeddah to BKK and I had 6 packages of arabic bread, a kilo of lemons and an assortment of canned hummous ('made in Lebanon' is proudly displayed on the cans)...

as I dragged my weary arse out of arrivals at the airport without my bag the 'outside the gate' customs crew scoped my Doha duty free bags and checked for illegal fags...what would they have said if I had my bag with me and they found the bread, the lemons and the hummous?...('you do not like our fabulous thai cuisine, Mr tutsiwarrior...hmmmm?')

my luggage was found and delivered to my home in Supanburi this afternoon with the bread still remarkably fresh (it keeps well in the freezer)! kudos for the baggage tracing people at Suvarnaboom!...

'all's well that ends well...' eatin' canned hummous with fresh squeezed lemon juice in the wilds of Supanburi...day old arabic bread but we's cool...

btw...anyone got a line on falafel mix? (just add hot water)?

Edited by tutsiwarrior