A good prepaid card that lasts longer than 30 days

Hal65

Hi, I have a SIM card from DTAC, which lasts a little longer than one month. I'm hoping to find a prepaid plan that lasts longer, since I will use very few minutes--any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi, I have a SIM card from DTAC, which lasts a little longer than one month. I'm hoping to find a prepaid plan that lasts longer, since I will use very few minutes--any suggestions?

Call the DTAC call center and for 20 THB you can have it extended for up to year

• Like 1

TrueMove H now gives 30 days, accumulated, for any top-up value. You can accumulate up to 365 days. You can use a top-up machine, outside many 7/11's, and add twelve top-ups of 10 baht each. With the 2 baht fee, you would get 360 days for 144 baht.

DTAC does have the Day Giveaway promotion: http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/services/freeday.html

There are many ways to request/activate; IVR, USSD, web-site, mobile app; no need to call.

Edited by lomatopo

TrueMove H now gives 30 days, accumulated, for any top-up value. You can accumulate up to 365 days. You can use a top-up machine, outside many 7/11's, and add twelve top-ups of 10 baht each. With the 2 baht fee, you would get 360 days for 144 baht.

DTAC does have the Day Giveaway promotion: http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/services/freeday.html

There are many ways to request/activate; IVR, USSD, web-site, mobile app; no need to call.

No they dont !! They started doing it and I managed as you say from 18th March by topping up daily to get 4 months in advance and then it was withdrawn !!

Reverted to just one day advance on any top up

No they dont !! They started doing it and I managed as you say from 18th March by topping up daily to get 4 months in advance and then it was withdrawn !!

That can't be right. Throw xxx baht on, sign up for a 30 day data plan, and a day later your account goes dead?

The 60 day method advanced 1 day at a time, because it was from date of last usage. Was this instead some kind of change to that method again?

That can't be right. Throw xxx baht on, sign up for a 30 day data plan, and a day later your account goes dead?

The 60 day method advanced 1 day at a time, because it was from date of last usage. Was this instead some kind of change to that method again?

Apolgies I could have been much clearer. First top takes you 30 days forward but subsequent top ups have now reverted to just one day advance.

As mentioned they were advancing by 30 days for a few days after True sent SMS detailing that they would but they must have revoked as it only lasted 4 days in my case

Edited by Chivas

Apolgies I could have been much clearer. First top takes you 30 days forward but subsequent top ups have now reverted to just one day advance.

As mentioned they were advancing by 30 days for a few days after True sent SMS detailing that they would but they must have revoked as it only lasted 4 days in my case

I had a friend top my account on April 25th and received 5 months of time for 5 top ups of 10 baht each at a machine. If yours started doing the 1 day thing way back in March, you may want to contact them and see what's going on. Their website still says 30 days per top up, though that wouldn't necessarily mean they haven't changed something.

At the time of the top ups on the 25th, I received the message saying 30 days per top up after each balance message.

12shiite are the only monkeys not allowing longer validity ?

What?

I've had a 1-2-Call number for years now, top up Bt500 and it's valid for a year.

Which is just as well because it can be 6 months between trips.

Wrong.

It can only be valid for a year if you refilled enough, it means many times 500 baht.

And because you reached the maximum, every time you refill you think that it's valid for a year thanks to your refill.

Still works for me, just added 10 baht (+ 2 baht fee at machine), got another ~ 26 days from April 8, 2015 out to May 4, 2015. Easy, peasy.

post-9615-0-53804200-1399201829_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-79294800-1399201840_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo

What?

I've had a 1-2-Call number for years now, top up Bt500 and it's valid for a year.

Wrong.

It can only be valid for a year if you refilled enough, it means many times 500 baht.

And because you reached the maximum, every time you refill you think that it's valid for a year thanks to your refill.

The last time I topped it up was April, and it's valid until April 2015. The time before that was January, which made it valid until January 2015.

Next time I'm back, I add Bt800 or so, which is valid for 12 months from that date; then subtract that to buy 3G data for a month.

So frankly you don't know what you are talking about and you should stop misleading people with out of date or rubbish information.

Just called 12call, your BS does not exist and because you seem to RD to understand I won't explain anymore.

This morning I went to the AIS shop and used the machine to do 10x Baht10 refills, got Baht100 credit and 10 months validity.

Each time you refill you get 1 month validity.

The lady behind the counter said the SIM would die if the validity expired for more than 3 months.

The machine doesn't give change and since I had fed the machine Baht100 there were a bunch of people waiting while I did my 10 separate transactions:)

Edited by noodle

What?

Wrong.

Funnily enough I just found out you can check your balance with *121# even when you are roaming.

And it just told me "Your remaining balance is 455.26B, valid until 03/04/2015".

So why don't you put that in your pipe and smoke it, and stop talking crap.

• 6 months later...

Call the DTAC call center and for 20 THB you can have it extended for up to year

I extended my DTAC prepaid SIM's validity today for an additional one year (12 months) for their standard 24 baht fee.

I did so by calling into DTAC's 1678 customer support number and asking for their "Day Giveaway" service. But, if you set up and log into their EService / My Service online account management system, you can extend there also under Jaidee services and the section titled "Day Giveaway." (The prior webpage they used to have for this service now appears to be gone/dead and moved to the "My Service" section).

Online once you've logged in and gone to Jaidee services, the Day Giveaway menu only shows extension options up to 6 months for 12 baht. But the CSR I spoke with, who did my one-year extension over the phone, said the online approach would allow back to back 6 month extension requests, effectively giving you the same 12 months for 24 baht extension.

post-58284-0-31917700-1415447328_thumb.j

Worth pointing out that you can use the code *934# with True to get 30 days validity for 3B. Max 1 year but the full validity may only become visible later.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/630471-extending-the-validity-of-your-truemove-sim-card/page-3

The 12B machine top-up also still works for me up to 1 year.