Pattaya to spend 31 million baht on boat, water sports buoys

Rimmer

Pattaya to spend 31 million baht on boat, water sports buoys

n7boat1.jpg

Pattaya:-- Pattaya plans to spend 31 million baht to install 30 buoys to regulate the speed and course of speedboats and designate specific areas for water sports other than swimming.

Deputy Mayor Ronakit Ekasingh met with top Marine Department officials at city hall April 24 to review the master plan for buoys for both Bali Hai Pier and Koh Larn.

Thongchai Pongvichai, the department’s director of ship standards, said four speed-limit buoys and six navigational buoys are planned, as well as 21 buoys to demark zones for jet skis, banana boats, parasailing, scuba diving and sea walking.

Marine Department Director Raewat Potriang said the buoy plan is part of a five-phase program demanded by Chonburi Province officials following a string of marine accidents stretching back to the beginning of 2013. The plan covers water zone regulation, supervision and control of water traffic, integration between public and private sectors, increasing awareness of safety, and reforming laws.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/pattaya-to-spend-31-million-baht-on-boat-water-sports-buoys-37219#sthash.s1FPDDVj.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2014-05-03 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

as well as 21 buoys to demark zones for jet skis

To legally ride a jet ski in Thai waters you need a Thai captain's stage 2 shipping license, which in order to get requires 2 years of experience on a ship.

Perhaps all jetski riders should have to show their Thai captain's stage 2 shipping license before they start the engine on a jetski, and without doing so they will not be able to ride a jetski without being fined.

Edited by Som wat

as well as 21 buoys to demark zones for jet skis

To legally ride a jet ski in Thai waters you need a Thai captain's stage 2 shipping license, which in order to get requires 2 years of experience on a ship.

Perhaps all jetski riders should have to show their Thai captain's stage 2 shipping license before they start the engine on a jetski, and without doing so they will not be able to ride a jetski without being fined.

Wow I didn't know that!

Do they recognise International Captain Licenses?

This is good news. Pattaya can turn its self around.

I recently visited for the first time, and was pleasantly surprised.

Didn't venture too far at night, and tried to ignore the "quality tourists" clinging to their space of the bar.

(Many of them were having a laugh - so no problem there either...)

There was obviously many hundreds of tourists missing...

Many Russians were enjoying the place, and it seems, happy to buy the growing apartment blocks.

Seemed to be many people from different countries, even familes with young children/teenages.

But a distinct lack of Americans? (Did they just come out after mid-night??)

Why do I feel so cynical over these Pattaya big spend plans plans.

Anyhow, I am unlikely to get hit by one of the many free service Pattaya buses as I cross over at the pedestrian light controlled crossings.

This is good news. Pattaya can turn its self around.

I recently visited for the first time, and was pleasantly surprised.

Didn't venture too far at night, and tried to ignore the "quality tourists" clinging to their space of the bar.

(Many of them were having a laugh - so no problem there either...)

There was obviously many hundreds of tourists missing...

Many Russians were enjoying the place, and it seems, happy to buy the growing apartment blocks.

Seemed to be many people from different countries, even familes with young children/teenages.

But a distinct lack of Americans? (Did they just come out after mid-night??)

They only come in big ships.