Nan Immigration New Address

I just did my 90 day report , sending it to the old address , and today I received the tm47 as usual.

I don't understand the map on the site , I think.

It looks like they moved 4 km further west om the nan-phayao road , and then a right turn?

How to get there from the old office ? Songteaw ? 4 km is a bit much to walk. I will come by minivan from Phrae.

In 3 weeks , I must renew my extention.

Any chance of google maps coordinates ?

FlorC:

The second link that Mario posted shows Highway 1091. Go up past the Global House store, and make a U-turn. That big Government Complex building will be visible on the left. Your van driver should have no trouble finding it.

My best guess is the link below.

the road to the left leads uphill to some government buildings where the new office should be located.

On the right side in the distance you see the Global Home store.

http://goo.gl/maps/1pLPP

(18.794416,100.730828)

I searched around the area uphill, but can not come closer.

FlorC:

The second link that Mario posted shows Highway 1091. Go up past the Global House store, and make a U-turn. That big Government Complex building will be visible on the left. Your van driver should have no trouble finding it.

Thanks Curtklay & KhunBenq.

Minivan stops at Nan busstation.

As if goinig to Nan wasn't bad enough (1h30 in minivan) , now the extra 4 km and a walk up the soi in this heat.

My best guess is the link below.

the road to the left leads uphill to some government buildings where the new office should be located.

On the right side in the distance you see the Global Home store.

http://goo.gl/maps/1pLPP

(18.794416,100.730828)

I searched around the area uphill, but can not come closer.

Based on your coordinates, for which I thank you, and this map on the website of the Nan immigration office, could this be the the building of the new immigration office:

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=214923170432669428134.000465f03d84d91df360b&msa=0&ll=18.796768,100.731357&spn=0.002318,0.004128

On Google Street View, the building is very similar to the drawing shown on the Nan immigration web page.

post-21260-0-48690900-1399207587_thumb.p

Had my wife look at the Street View image and and apparently the sign (สํานักงานจัดหางานจังหวัดน่าน) indicates it is a job search centre, but this image is from September 2013. As the immigration office moved to a new location on 1 May 2014, is it possible that it moved into this building?

I don't think so.

More likely it is this building under construction in Sep 13:

http://goo.gl/maps/R2KdN

(compare the construction of the roof)

Why they move out to the sticks, better business for taxis biggrin.png

Or a nice view for the officers biggrin.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

That's a strong possibility. Hopefully, somebody going to this office will record the exact coordinates and post them here. The race is on, who will be the first? Plus a nice photo, if possible.

I think KhunBENQ has nailed it. I was recently at Nan Noble House Resort (shown on the map). While driving around, I saw that building, and numerous signs around town indicating "Nan Immigration" leading you to that location. It's not really very far out of town.

I will be happy to note the co-ordinates and take pictures, but I won't be going up there until June. I will also get their new mailing address in English, but for now I'm sure 90 day reports sent to the old address will find their way to them.

Edited by curtklay

Thank you, Curt. June will be soon enough. In the meantime, I have already moved the marker on my map to the position indicated by BENQ.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

I just went , and these are the exact coordinates: N 18 47' 58.3", E 100 43' 53.7". It is about 700m from the 1091 road.
Google maps doesn't show anything with these numbers, but google earth shows the spot. Due to the outdated satelite photo's there is nothing to see. But it is marked on the road.

Apparantly there are no songtaews or regular busses on the 1091 road. I've waited 45 minutes and started walking. Luckely I got picked up by a nice Thai man . On the way back , I got a lift from a nice policeman. Spend about 1h45 min on that road and did not see any busses or songtaews. Three people , that I asked , said there are no busses, what I find weird. 1091 to Phayao and Chiang Rai is not a very good road but there are villages...so how do they get to town?
There are light blue songtaews for schoolkids, but they don't pick up regulars. For the foreigners in Nan , they probably have a motorbike or other transport, the people from Phrae and Uttradit that don't come by car , are , like me,
screwed. I hate motorbike taxi so I rather walk or hitch a ride.
Parking at the immi office is not that good. No shade , no parking in front of the building , just a bit on the left side, or in the street.

The 101 between Nan and Wiangsa , is NOT ready after more than 2 years....And now they started on the Rong kwang- Wiangsa stretch . Doesn't look like it is going to be ready next year too ! So lots of bumps and stones. Every time the
rocks and stones hit the minivan, I was glad it wasn't my car.

(They don't allow us to buy land , but what a waste ....does a 2x2 really need the width of a 3x3 or 4x4 with the area between directions 4 to 5 m? They are doing the 103 in Phrae too...extra extra wide, so many big trees killed, so much waste , so much wasted asfalt, Thailand has too much money !! Same for the 101 . In Phrae they spend the last year resurfacing stetches that were good and leaving the bad patches and badly filled potholes untouched... SORRY for the rant )

The office is nice and new , bigger than the old one , a bit hot. More people than all the times I went there before , some Koreans, maybe because of the new regulations for border runs. It took about 2 h for the new stamps.

I have a google earth screen print of the position , but I don't know how to upload it.

Thank you very much for the GPS confirmation, Flor C. Your coordinates point to the same building in Street View as those of BENQ, but my marker was a bit off, as you've noticed, and I now moved it to the correct position (I hope)

Thank you very much for the GPS confirmation, Flor C. Your coordinates point to the same building in Street View as those of BENQ, but my marker was a bit off, as you've noticed, and I now moved it to the correct position (I hope)

Took them with my old but trusted Garmin 12 just outside in front of the building and ramp-up.

I don't see how in Gmaps or streetview , you can see the coordinates but is is the road that goes up , so you're climbing a bit to go to the office.

Lucky are the one that go there in the cool mornings of december and januari , not in May heat...

The new address for 90 day letters : M11 T. Chaichatan A. Muangn NAN 55000

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

End of May 2015 :

I went early in the morning and was the only one there. Aircon was still off and I was sweating from the long walk...

New Lady at the info/90 days desk , friendly and speaks some English.

Then filled in my tm7 and checked my papers for retirement extention.

No waiting , got my stamp , but just one glitch : they want bank update/statement from today. ( bankletter max 1 or 2 days before ). This time they let it through because I had no transport. But next year I have to go to the bank before going to the immi office.

I had 2 photocopies of all documents but they only needed 1.

All passport pages need to be photocopied. I didn't give the copy of the extention stamp from 2 years ago , but came prepared , and had lots of backup copies.

Since they moved to the nice new building ,they have become far more friendly and relaxed.

1km from the crossroad to the 1091 , there is now a new BIG C , but as I found out returning....it isn't opened yet, still working...

Road from Nan to Wiang sa is about completed, but on the stretch to Rong Kwang , there are still patches of work. Nothing muddy , but again little stones against the minivan.

Parking at immigration has not improved and they are building a new building on the right side of the office.