Tyre balancing in Chiang Rai?

Afternoon everyone,

Just ordered Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2 from BigWheel Bangkok should be here in a couple of days. Now the problem I ran into is that nobody seems to be able to do balancing in Chiang rai. I have just popped to cockpit and they said they only have equipment in Cockpit Chiang Mai. Also they will not take off wheels in the shop as apparently they have damaged someones bike there last time they did it.

Is balancing very important specially if I dont drive on neck-braking speeds? Tum's shop in CR (a very very skilled guy in moto gp here) can do pretty much everything and tires as well with a help of the car shop and have done for many people before. I cant seriously drive to Chiang Mai with bike and pick up (with tyres at the back).

Cheers

Afternoon everyone,

Just ordered Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2 from BigWheel Bangkok should be here in a couple of days. Now the problem I ran into is that nobody seems to be able to do balancing in Chiang rai. I have just popped to cockpit and they said they only have equipment in Cockpit Chiang Mai. Also they will not take off wheels in the shop as apparently they have damaged someones bike there last time they did it.

Is balancing very important specially if I dont drive on neck-braking speeds? Tum's shop in CR (a very very skilled guy in moto gp here) can do pretty much everything and tires as well with a help of the car shop and have done for many people before. I cant seriously drive to Chiang Mai with bike and pick up (with tyres at the back).

Cheers

That is correct about Cockpit CR on all counts. They can't dynamic balance motorcycle wheels, as the adaptors are supposedly expensive, hence only Cockpit CM do motorcycle wheel balancing. The story on a damaged wheel that I know of (I was there when it happened), the technician wasn't aware of the clearances of his tire changing machine and actually bent the disc on a front wheel when the machine clamped the wheel. In short, they have no competent knowledge of motorcycle wheel work in any way, shape or form. Avoid them like the plague for motorcycle wheel work.

Static balancing would be more than adequate for your riding. I plan on changing over to Dyna-Beads for my bike and forgo the eyesore of stick-on weights. Tum is a great guy and very knowledgeable,

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

Edited by Garry
  • Like 1

As Gary mentioned Dyna Beads give good results & would be an easy fix for you.

(Have not tried them myself since Kawasaki Chiangmai does balancing but have always read good things about Dyna Beads )

Also that Chiang Rai saddle bags place sells them I think?

Edit: Yup here they are

http://www.crsaddlebags.com/dynabead.html

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

As Gary mentioned Dyna Beads give good results & would be an easy fix for you.

(Have not tried them myself since Kawasaki Chiangmai does balancing but have always read good things about Dyna Beads )

Also that Chiang Rai saddle bags place sells them I think?

Edit: Yup here they are

http://www.crsaddlebags.com/dynabead.html

Thanks Mania, I had completely forgotten that CR Saddlebags sold the kits. Makes things a lot more convenient. Cheers Garry

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

have been running dyna beads now for over a year in the rosso 2 and have no complaints got CR saddlebags to ship them to Mukdahan no problem easy to install in about 10 minutes and they actually took a little bit of vibration out of the front end on the ducati

• Like 2

have been running dyna beads now for over a year in the rosso 2 and have no complaints got CR saddlebags to ship them to Mukdahan no problem easy to install in about 10 minutes and they actually took a little bit of vibration out of the front end on the ducati

Just ordered mine and will pick them up when I get back home from work. New set of Pirelli Rosso Corsa's being fitted on my return, so good timing all round. :)

• Like 1

Tum's shop is located right opposite King Menrai statue, almost. If you stand with statue behing you, you see a road going straight. Look to the right where a row of buildings its right there, next to it is a coffee shop and next to That is Bangkok Bank on Phayon Yothin

Coordinates to Google maps 19.909760, 99.840721

Edited by sup3r1or