Budget apartment in Nana/Asoke wanted.

For my second (3 month trip) to Bangkok, i am looking for an apartment somewhere more central than my previous one near surasak bts.

I understand my budget of 13,000 baht/month will limit my options significantly.

So, within a 20 minute or so walk of nana/asoke bts.

I have found one or two near Bumrungrad International Hospital, near soi 1 that are within my price range, in particular singurai apartment, but i cannot find any reviews.

Air-con and reasonable wi-fi in room is essential.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

My itinerary is 1 month in Bangkok, 1 month in Pattaya, then final month in Bangkok, so 1 month rental rates.

Thanks.

You can't afford to come to Thailand. Stay at home. Work hard and come back when you can afford to spend more than 13k.

Monthly rates in all of these places are above 13k/month for anything decent. You might get a half-decent place for 13k with a 1-year contract, but paying by the month, forget it. Thailand is not a country for the penniless any more.

You can't afford to come to Thailand. Stay at home. Work hard and come back when you can afford to spend more than 13k.

Monthly rates in all of these places are above 13k/month for anything decent. You might get a half-decent place for 13k with a 1-year contract, but paying by the month, forget it. Thailand is not a country for the penniless any more.

What a charming and unhelpful post.

If the poster is correct, as well as rude, why not widen your search but stay close to BTS. For example I know someone who has a studio less than 10 minutes walk to Victory BTS (about 6 stops from Nana) who pays THB5,500 plus aircon.

Good luck!

If your reply was "You can't afford to come to sukhumvit, stay out of town where you belong" i would have taken it for what it's worth and laughed.

I suspect your just trying to be a ####.

Anyway, i will be happy enough to stay at the same serviced apartment where i stayed last year, 5 min from surasak BTS. There are several apartment blocks within a small area within the 10k - 13k baht/month range, and they are perfectly acceptable. Not to mention, endless amounts of similar priced property in other out of town areas. I did do my research first time around!

No, the main reason i would prefer a more central location is because i will be arriving in bangkok early June and would like to watch most of the world cup games in several of the ex-pats bars off sukhumvit. I don't really fancy getting taxis back to Sathorn most nights (early morning actually)! However, i suspect i will be. No big deal.

If i have 6 or 7 possible apartments within a 20 min walk of sukhumvit road, and near to my budget i will pay them a visit and see if any of them are acceptable. If not, i have plenty of options elsewhere.

Thanks.

Edited by SJM2013

There are some less expensive rooms down the far ends of both Suk. sois 22 & 24. You might also be able to negotiate a rate near your budget at the Premier Inn on Soi 20.

There are budget rooms also 50 meters past the Thong Lo BTS station on the even side of Sukhumvit.

On Nana/Soi 4 a friend rents a room at the Omni short term for B16,000. Nana Condo may be similar. On the small Soi opposite the 7-11 (Tavern Bar on corner) there are several small hotels where monthly rates can be negotiated.

I suggest you book an inexpensive hotel in the area for your first few days and do some legwork. Most cheap apartments will have a phone number prominently displayed.

Three month leases or rentals are available during low season but expect to pay most of it up front.

Edited by dddave

No one is going to give thid guy a break on a months stay save for a hotel. He needs a gh.

Stay on lower Sukhumvhit, how positively early 90s of you.

Nana Cowboy

Pattaya

Nana Cowboy

Welcome to Thailand and do not forget to visit the grand palace and Wat Po. Show these photos to everyone at home you discuss visiting Thailand with.

Living the dream...

I need a shower.

There are some less expensive rooms down the far ends of both Suk. sois 22 & 24. You might also be able to negotiate a rate near your budget at the Premier Inn on Soi 20.

There are budget rooms also 50 meters past the Thong Lo BTS station on the even side of Sukhumvit.

On Nana/Soi 4 a friend rents a room at the Omni short term for B16,000. Nana Condo may be similar. On the small Soi opposite the 7-11 (Tavern Bar on corner) there are several small hotels where monthly rates can be negotiated.

I suggest you book an inexpensive hotel in the area for your first few days and do some legwork. Most cheap apartments will have a phone number prominently displayed.

Three month leases or rentals are available during low season but expect to pay most of it up front.

Thanks for that.

I will take a look at those, along with the few i have found.

I may take a 3 month contract and just stay in Bangkok, and leave my proposed trip to either Pattaya or Chiang mai for another time.

Try some of the small private owned hotels that dot the landscape along Sukhumvit.........

When I first arrived in Thailand some 6 years ago I did exactly what a previous poster has suggested and that was to simply rent a hotel room on a nightly basis and then spend a few days legging up and down Suk.....checking out the small hotels.

I found one eventually and stayed 2 months before taking up a 1 year lease in an apartment ...but that is another story.

The hotel I located is still there...small comfortable, aircon, friendly helpful staff, close to a 7/11, 200yds to a large market...plenty of streetfood vendors , cafes......it is located at Phra Khanong (5 BTS stops to Nana = 15/20 minutes or taxi to Nana 30 minutes

The hotel is on Suk Road 10 seconds walk to the PK BTS...the name of the hotel is "The Lilla"...it cost me 9000b a month 6 years ago Note. I paid upfront in cash for the two months.

Contact details...

Lilla Hotel 1503/1-2 Sukhumvit Road

(between Soi 67 + 69)

+66 2 7142322 www.lillahotel.com

Check out the website note the 20 to 50% discount on offer for stays of more than a week.

Tourism numbers are way way down in Bangkok...alot of these places are desperate for customers.

So don't be tempted to book a room online......instead front up on arrival at the hotel with the cash in your hand and negotiate. and pay them right there and then

Good luck

Edited by astral
Removal of e-mail addr as per forum rules

• 4 weeks later...

So don't be tempted to book a room online......instead front up on arrival at the hotel with the cash in your hand and negotiate. and pay them right there and then.

I agree for a longer stay to push the deal, but in Thailand, if traveling and want a room for a night or 2 only, then online is often much cheaper.

• 4 weeks later...

If you dont mind renting just a room with attached bathroom, then i know for sure there are rooms available near Huai Kwang MRT station, which is just one station away from ur Suttisan area.

The price is between THB 3,500 - 5,500, excluding utilities. Visit bkkbackpack DOT com