Best Oranges in Chiang Mai

nocturnalK

I'm making fresh squeezed orange juice. I'm looking for some top tier sweet oranges to make my juice. I've checked Waororot (?) market and Suthep market for oranges. They have the green variation. I'm not familiar with those, but I imagine they're not the sweet kind of oranges that I'm looking for.

I found some tangerines and bought a small bag of large green oranges, but I'm not hopeful on the quality.

Anybody have a place in mind?

The season for oranges is winter. Most of the oranges grown in Thailand are of the mandarin (i.e. tangerine) variety. Thais have tried growing some varieties found in the west, but the ones I've tried haven't had much flavor. At this time of year, imports might be your best bet. But even then, the northern hemisphere growing season is mostly at an end, and the southern hemisphere season is just beginning.

• Like 1

Turn left past Suan Prung Hospital, there are loads of orange sellers along that road.

They advertise 35 baht a kilo

Have you been by there in the past few years. Most of the orange sellers were pushed out because the properties there got developed.

Turn left past Suan Prung Hospital, there are loads of orange sellers along that road.

Have you been by there in the past few years. Most of the orange sellers were pushed out because the properties there got developed.

Went past there a few days ago, have you been along there in the last week?

Thanthan Orchard. Northeast of Fang. GPS 20.0543312969, 99.4020464389 (Thanthan Orchard). This is not an orchard its a garden. The oranges rival California and Florida. Problem is most are bought up by the Chines. Tours are given 7 days a week. Best in December,January, February. One ochard alone has over 8000 rai.

83047958.jpg

they're still there, never left. but the oranges aren't very good. ocean brand are the ones we buy but this time of year you won't find them. now, mostly Chinese oranges available.

• 2 months later...