Applying for Non-O to support Thai child

My girlfriend and I have a baby together. We are unmarried, but I am on the birth certificate listed as the father. We also have a pending case in the children's welfare court to give me full parental rights. I am applying for a Non-O Visa. What do I need to do? Vientienne? Savanahket? My girlfriend and I are very stable and I don't see much need for the Multiple entry but I may do some traveling so other than that what requirements are there?

What exactly are you hoping to obtain ?

Even if you qualify for an "O" visa it will be either a single entry providing a 90 day stay or a Multiple entry visa requiring you leave the country every 90 days .

What exactly are you hoping to obtain ?

Even if you qualify for an "O" visa it will be either a single entry providing a 90 day stay or a Multiple entry visa requiring you leave the country every 90 days .

The goal is a Non-O and from my reading it is pretty clear that I qualify. I just want confirmation on the documents I'll need to bring. And I won't have to leave the country every 90 days. I'll have to report to immigration every 90 days with my girlfriend, she will have to sign her consent and I will receive an extension. The purpose of the multiple entry would be so I don't have to apply for a new Visa if we travel to Malaysia or Japan or any other country for a quick holiday.

*edit* I'd also like to know if I even need to leave the country to acquire this Visa this route. My instinct tells me yes because well TIT.

Edited by Unwisemonkey

You can apply for a one year extension of stay,but only when you have the legal documents from the court showing you are the legal father,but you need 400,000 baht in the bank or 40,000 a month income.

You can still travel in and out of the country but you would need to obtain a multiple re entry permit.

Alternatively recent reports show that it's still possible to obtain a multiple non o in Savanaket without financial proof,but that means leaving every 90 days and I'm lead to believe they will give this whilst only being named as the father on the birth certificate.

Alternatively you can get a 60 day extension on your current permission to stay stamp at the local immigration office within Thailand 1900 baht and the usual paperwork as well as the GFs.

Until you get the legitimization finished at the court you can only get a single entry non-o visa nor can you apply for an extension of stay until then.

As said you can get a 60 day extension to visit your child.

Or you could first to go out to any nearby consulate and apply for the single entry non-o. You will need the child's birth certificate and house book to get it. You could then get the 60 day extension that would give you almost 5 months of stay without leaving the country.

Another option is to apply for an extension based on your court case. With a letter from the court confirming that you re involved in a court case you can get an extension of stay for up to 90 days.

I would first try and get the 60 day extension based on your child and if that is not long enough you can try for the extension based on your court case.