Kitty caught snake I stole it.

Half of Villagers say poisonous half say not. If it is poisonous I'll have to go try to find the nest. Someone said this kind doesn't get bigger. Find that hard to believe. (It's about 15 CM long and 0.5 wide). Got it in a bottle would like to let it go. Just want to know if poisonous or not

post-165356-1399213098764_thumb.jpgpost-165356-13992131173414_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Take a VERY close look at the back of its head. See the "dark ring around the white center"? You have a baby Monocled Cobra. Small but very deadly. Do not go looking for the nest. Mothers do not stray far. Call your local snake foundation, they are trained as to what to do. Don't just release it or kill it.

Not convinced on the monocled cobra. the monocle is a little too high on the head. And it is usually more like a black circle surrounded by a lighter area, and a bit of a black rim.

But if it is a juvenile it could be many things really. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be a young banded kukri snake.

Edited by canuckamuck

It's one of these.

Relying on local knowledge is rarely much use. Hardly anyone knows about the snakes that live around them. Some people will tell you rules that they have heard can be used to determine if a snake is dangerous, few of which would actually save your life.