More Than 500 Schools Are Recognized As Dream Schools

Jai Dee

The best place to learn English would be in England, the US, Australia, etc.

Since when did the Yanks speak English ?

We gots that Microsoft thingy and the spell checkerer says that I'm good at Inglish. :o

Dream? The school system seems to be more of a nightmare right now.

Let's all hope that they can find teachers who can actually speak English with this new scheme. Basically, the English language skills in Thailand are very poor.

They can have all the hardware, but the problem are the softwares.

The software is fine.

Windows 3.01 is at least *something*

It's just not the most up-to-date version there is.

I've been working in Thailand for quite sometime--in the past 10 years, I've seen/heard about so many changes in education, but none of them have amounted to anything. Basically, it all seems to be talk. There have been some improvements, but most of those are because of changes in the economy which meant educational tools were afordable for some schools.

I've been working in Thailand for quite sometime--in the past 10 years, I've seen/heard about so many changes in education, but none of them have amounted to anything. Basically, it all seems to be talk. There have been some improvements, but most of those are because of changes in the economy which meant educational tools were afordable for some schools.

Scott,

Alas and Alack....your observations are correct. Attitudes toward education are very very slow to change in any society....and often beyond the control of the gov't. The US has been trying to change its educational system but the rhetoric is mostly just that and changes are miniscule and seem to be randomly distributed. Many educators see the implementation of new educational tools as an opporturnity to implement change in attitudes as well. When a new tool emerges it is approximately void of fixed attitude....but the attitude will arise by itself as the tool is integrated into the overall system. It is thought by some that the period of introduction is a crucial time when attitudes can be to a degree molded as they form and this is the time of opportunity. What this means is that as electronic media evolves and as its new forms are integrated into the educational system there will be opportunities to change attitudes....but...it is a double edged sword because attitudes also can deteriorate in the same way.

Chownah