Pirelli Track Day - Superbike Racing Academy - 10-11 May 2014 - BIRA Track

ll2

So, round 2 of the racing academy and track day at BIRA is coming.

It will be held on 10th - 11th of May and again they said there will be a good attendance.

Trainers are the same so do the track buddies.

I will be at Graham's group as usual. But normally they put us on beginner course but it looks like we will do the intermediate course this time. Dont know why.

Honda bigwing will have special extra track session for honda owners. Lucky i am again with the correct brand! Last time got extra track time for owning a Dainese suit!

Getting a rearset from rsv racing this week.

Thinking on getting pirelli rosso corsas or supercorsas with my 15 percent discount coupon but might burn the stocks this time too and get them on next track day. Love to get a pipe until the track day but nothing around well designed at this moment. Waiting for the 'devil' to release their full system.

Guys who is coming? Come and join man!

It will be a lot of fun!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-184955-13993490801728_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13993490941024_thumb.jpg

Edited by ll2

Barring unforeseen circumstances, I will be there as well ll2. However, I need to change the tyres on my newly purchased ER but don't have a discount coupon? I will force them to give me the discount in any case as I have bought enough Pirellis from them for all my bikes :)

• Like 1

Barring unforeseen circumstances, I will be there as well ll2. However, I need to change the tyres on my newly purchased ER but don't have a discount coupon? I will force them to give me the discount in any case as I have bought enough Pirellis from them for all my bikes :)

Welcome back gweiloman!

So you finally bought the kawa er you were talking about. Hope you dont miss the power of your 1000 cc but er is better for trashing in the track!

I am sure they will give you the discount. Actually, they called people or sent sms for that coupon but you were not around that days.

It ll be good to see you as always man.

Barring unforeseen circumstances, I will be there as well ll2. However, I need to change the tyres on my newly purchased ER but don't have a discount coupon? I will force them to give me the discount in any case as I have bought enough Pirellis from them for all my bikes smile.png

Welcome back gweiloman!

So you finally bought the kawa er you were talking about. Hope you dont miss the power of your 1000 cc but er is better for trashing in the track!

I am sure they will give you the discount. Actually, they called people or sent sms for that coupon but you were not around that days.

It ll be good to see you as always man.

That's what I thought. I reckon the repair bill for a crashed liter bike might even cost more than the er itself :)

• Like 1

Bought new Pirelli Rosso Corsa front n rear last time at the track day, didnt know about a 15% off coupon.... :( Paid 7600R/5400F for ER6n, free balancing etc. With coupon on this price an additional 15% off? facepalm.gif

Bought new Pirelli Rosso Corsa front n rear last time at the track day, didnt know about a 15% off coupon.... :( Paid 7600R/5400F for ER6n, free balancing etc. With coupon on this price an additional 15% off? facepalm.gif

You can use the coupo for the next set of tires, no worries.

By the way, i am riding to pattaya around 16.00. Booked a hotel very close to BIRA a couple of kms this time by the lake.

Want to enjoy the pool today!

See you guys there!

It was a great week-end. I have some video that I will try and make into a clip ... to post later ...

Those guys in the 650cc class race were fast ... they are actually quite good ... Graham our instructor passed me like I was standing still ... I had to check to see if the kick stand was down ... :)

That said I did manage to get my knee down a couple of times, almost gave me a heart attack, so I am also improving.

A lot of it has to do with consistency, sometimes I get a good corner here but then mess up the next corner ... it just takes time and practice.

I also would like a bike with more power than the Green ER6F that I have, but as everyone knows ... the ER6F is cheap ... :) and you can beat it all day long ...

Pirelli and Superbike magazine and any other who helped set up the track day did a good job ... thx

• Like 2

It was a great week-end. I have some video that I will try and make into a clip ... to post later ... Those guys in the 650cc class race were fast ... they are actually quite good ... Graham our instructor passed me like I was standing still ... I had to check to see if the kick stand was down ... smile.png That said I did manage to get my knee down a couple of times, almost gave me a heart attack, so I am also improving. A lot of it has to do with consistency, sometimes I get a good corner here but then mess up the next corner ... it just takes time and practice. I also would like a bike with more power than the Green ER6F that I have, but as everyone knows ... the ER6F is cheap ... smile.png and you can beat it all day long ... Pirelli and Superbike magazine and any other who helped set up the track day did a good job ... thx

man, nice to hear from you! I think er6f is a good bike for short and tight tracks of Thailand. Enough torque and you guys sometime pull uch more easier than my inline four.

It was a fun but hot day really. We are all improving there and i am sure a couple of more track days, we will not hesitate in the cornersbiggrin.png

Also a couple of us might go to Nakhon Chai Si track in Bangkok for a weekend. That track is open during weekends and we can practice more all day long!

What do you think?

It was a great week-end. I have some video that I will try and make into a clip ... to post later ... Those guys in the 650cc class race were fast ... they are actually quite good ... Graham our instructor passed me like I was standing still ... I had to check to see if the kick stand was down ... smile.png That said I did manage to get my knee down a couple of times, almost gave me a heart attack, so I am also improving. A lot of it has to do with consistency, sometimes I get a good corner here but then mess up the next corner ... it just takes time and practice. I also would like a bike with more power than the Green ER6F that I have, but as everyone knows ... the ER6F is cheap ... smile.png and you can beat it all day long ... Pirelli and Superbike magazine and any other who helped set up the track day did a good job ... thx

man, nice to hear from you! I think er6f is a good bike for short and tight tracks of Thailand. Enough torque and you guys sometime pull uch more easier than my inline four.

It was a fun but hot day really. We are all improving there and i am sure a couple of more track days, we will not hesitate in the cornersbiggrin.png

Also a couple of us might go to Nakhon Chai Si track in Bangkok for a weekend. That track is open during weekends and we can practice more all day long!

What do you think?

I think that would be a great idea ... where is this Nakhon Chai Si track?? GPS coordinates are 13.911111 x 100.167778 according to http://www.gdecarli.it/php/circuit.php?var1=754&var2=2

Let me know when you are planning on going ... I have a lot of free time ... so I can make any week end ... :)

What do you think?

I think that would be a great idea ... where is this Nakhon Chai Si track?? GPS coordinates are 13.911111 x 100.167778 according to http://www.gdecarli.it/php/circuit.php?var1=754&var2=2

Let me know when you are planning on going ... I have a lot of free time ... so I can make any week end ... smile.png

yes, exactly that one. I might be out of Bangkok this weekend but for the next one, we can do it 100 percent! We need more time on the track and they say this track is nice and close to Bangkok.

I will inform a couple of more guys too so lets do it on 25th of May which is a sunday! pm sent.

Video ... a sequel to the last track day ... 8 minutes long ... took me nearly 20 hours to edit ... the music and sound is a lot harder than you think ... music is all home made (sounds like it too) ... no copy right infringements ... smile.png

I went down to the Triumph shop, Brit Bike, checked out the Daytona 675r ... the way those other 650cc bikes took off at the start ... the Kawasaki ER6F makes around 72 hp I believe ... the Yamaha R6 makes over 100 ... no wonder they got away so quick ... there that's my excuse ... smile.png

Never mind that Graham Knight managed to lap me during the race ... he rides a Kawasaki ER6N ... same engine as mine ... me thinks he has made a pact with the devil to go so fast around the corners ... smile.png

Enjoy ... Later

Great video! Agree with you about the music too .... :)

• 5 months later...

So I got bored ... decided to look back at some GoPro vids I'd taken

and this is what I came up with ... yes I know that 1:22 sec is still painfully slow but it's an improvement

What really disturbs me is that back in March I was thinking I was really going like a bugger ... as in move aside Valentino Rossi cause I'm a comin through ... yee haw ... :)

• Like 1