I wish to get a Non 0 visa - what are my options?

I have been working in Thailand for six years but the past year I have had to work without a work permit due to teacher's council nonsense. I have been doing runs to Vientiene for double entry tourist visas and the last time I got a red stamp in my passport with a warning about another tourist visa being guaranteed if I was to apply for another tourist visa.

I got married in March and have been earning over 40k per month for the past year am I able to apply for a Non-O visa based on marriage to Thai?

If so what are my options when it comes to length of visa and best consulates / embassies to go to apply for the visa

Thank you in advance for any help that people can give it would be much appreciated

Yes on basis of marriage you can apply for a non immigrant O visa at a Consulate - that 40k is not legal so can not be used for extension of stay. If you want a multi entry non immigrant O visa Savannakhet is likely the only choice.

Problem seems to be that you are working without WP.

The 40k / month to get extension of stay based on marriage must be proven with tax receipts and WP.

You can get a multiple entry non-O based on marriage in Savannakhet without prove income or money in bank.

You cannot use your income to get an extension of stay based upon marriage because you don't have a work permit. You would need to use the 400k baht in the bank for 60 days option.

You could get a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof. The visa would give 90 days entries for one year. You will need your marriage certificate (plus copy), copies of your wife's house book and ID card.

I heard about the tourist visa type will be allowed to only 3 extension limit. What is the difference in going to Savannakhet or Vientiane or any border in Myanmar to get a tourist visa? If you can not apply for an O visa, then you have to go with the tourist visa type? Is there any difference between coming here or there?

In case of problem with visa, still possible to apply for an ED visa.. this law is a bit confused and make no sense .. blink.png

"Ranong Immigration warns that any foreigner who exits Thailand after using three consecutive visa exemption entries must get a proper visa." http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/723785-visa-crackdown-risks-stranding-phuket-expats-in-myanmar/

I heard about the tourist visa type will be allowed to only 3 extension limit. What is the difference in going to Savannakhet or Vientiane or any border in Myanmar to get a tourist visa? If you can not apply for an O visa, then you have to go with the tourist visa type? Is there any difference between coming here or there?

In case of problem with visa, still possible to apply for an ED visa.. this law is a bit confused and make no sense .. blink.png

"Ranong Immigration warns that any foreigner who exits Thailand after using three consecutive visa exemption entries must get a proper visa." http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/723785-visa-crackdown-risks-stranding-phuket-expats-in-myanmar/

You cannot get a tourist visa at a border crossing. You can get a visa exempt entry or a new entry with a visa that allows more than one entry.

Many border crossings are limiting the number of visa exempt entries you can do back to back.

If you get a tourist visa at Vientiane or Savannakhet it will be a 2 entry visa that allows two 60 day entries that can be extended for 30 days. With one border run you can get almost 6 months of stay.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for all of the replies, I had a feeling the lack of work permit would kill my chances of extension of stay.

I'll go to Savannakhet and go for the one year multiple entries.

It is not a "one year visa with multiple entry's" its a "90 Day Non Immigrant O, Family, Multiple entry's"

valid for one year.

every time you re-enter the Kingdom of Thailand within that year, you'll get a 90 days stamp at the border.

You'll have to leave Thailand within 90 days, every time.

in total you'll have almost 15 months in Thailand , before you'll have to renew.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for all of the replies, I had a feeling the lack of work permit would kill my chances of extension of stay.

I'll go to Savannakhet and go for the one year multiple entries.

It is not a "one year visa with multiple entry's" its a "90 Day Non Immigrant O, Family, Multiple entry's"

valid for one year.

every time you re-enter the Kingdom of Thailand within that year, you'll get a 90 days stamp at the border.

You'll have to leave Thailand within 90 days, every time.

in total you'll have almost 15 months in Thailand , before you'll have to renew.

Apologies for using the incorrect title for the visa, I didn't consider the almost 15 months aspect of it as well.

Cheers

• Like 1