low season is here

Went for a drink at a bar in patts that I've been going to for 5 years . bought 3 bottles of hongtong and a bunch of food for the staff to drink

And not one customer the whole night. So I had a quick kip on the couch and upon waking I was presented with a 400 baht bill for my sleep.

Of course I pissed off without paying but that's pretty rude as soon as there's no new customers they treat me like a stupid newbie all over again.

• Like 1

bought 3 bottles of hongtong and a bunch of food for the staff to drink

" they treat me like a stupid newbie" .............and you're surprised. rolleyes.gif

what's that got to do with being a newbie?? 3 small hongtongs and food is under 500 baht in 7/11 better than 90 baht per small bottle from the bar and your also not drinking alone.

tingtongdingdong, on 06 May 2014 - 16:38, said:
Vacuum, on 06 May 2014 - 16:15, said:

" they treat me like a stupid newbie" .............and you're surprised. rolleyes.gif

what's that got to do with being a newbie?? 3 small hongtongs and food is under 500 baht in 7/11 better than 90 baht per small bottle from the bar and your also not drinking alone.

Guess you missed this part. smile.png

to bring your own whisky at the bar is common in Thailand but you have to order ice, soda and coke so it's about 100 B- each round and as you said you where drink with the staff that's mean minimum 3 girls... I think 400 is the right price

• Like 1

Sounds like they probably don't want you in their bar, certainly not keen on you sleeping on the couch in it I guess. Were you buying drinks from the bar though or were you drinking stuff from 7-11?

op,maybe go back tomorrow,and strip naked and go to sleep,and please keep us updated as to the outcome.

Probably wake up with a soar bum and still owe 400 Baht no wait 800Baht and may even like the experience!!!!!crazy.gif

• Like 1

op,maybe go back tomorrow,and strip naked and go to sleep,and please keep us updated as to the outcome.

Probably wake up with a soar bum and still owe 400 Baht no wait 800Baht and may even like the experience!!!!!crazy.gif

Yes ,well good luck,let us know if it happens,maybe if you go to sleep arse up,there could be more chance.

Doc46, on 06 May 2014 - 20:40, said:
Vacuum, on 06 May 2014 - 16:15, said:
Quote bought 3 bottles of hongtong and a bunch of food for the staff to drink

What are you ?

Oh, just a guy fresh off the boat.

What did you expect...there is no gratitude...only greed...in the Land of Lies...

The white man's burden redux. Why anyone should be grateful because bwana farang dispenses some (unasked for) crumbs from the table is a mystery.

Presumably the "Land of Lies" comes from frequenting bars where women tell you that you're a handsome, sexy man rather than telling you that you're old, fat, smell like meat that's gone off and that you wear the same unwashed clothes day after day ... just like the women back home in the Land of Truth told you before you ran away to Thailand.

• Like 2

You are late it was already low season without a low season. The tourists are running to other parts of the world well may be some Thai people has to change the attittiute towards foreigners. I notices this year that the way they talk to foreigners has really changed. They have no patient to reply nicely if you ask them twice. They rudely talk to you. Of course it is not everywhere but I see the change. The political problems in Bangkok also probably has some effect and as many countries has warned their citizens not to travel to Thailand.

I'm confused. Did the OP not buy the drinks for the staff from the bar? I know people bring their own whisky to restaurants, but bringing you own drinks to a bar that sells nothing but ... drinks?

Can I also bring a KFC meal to FUJI, and then just order a coke? - or perhaps nothing at all :-D

And who sleeps in a bar?? If tired and/or broke - go home!!

Edited by monkeycountry

I'm going to try that. Buy a bottle of whiskey, walk into a night club, settle myself in and start drinking away while offering the staff some drinks too. After I'm piss drunk, I'll just have a nap on their sofa, then walk out within paying a single baht to the club.

In a lot of Thai bars, you actually can bring your own whiskey in. But you do have to pay for the ice, coke, and soda water to mix with. I do this sometimes because I like to drink gin, and the bars near me don't have it.

You generally can't do this in 'farang' bars though. If he bought from 7-11 I'm guessing they charged him a corkage fee for his alcohol, which is perfectly reasonable. The staff was surely mixing with coke, soda, and ice as well, which isn't free.

What did you expect...there is no gratitude...only greed...in the Land of Lies...

The white man's burden redux. Why anyone should be grateful because bwana farang dispenses some (unasked for) crumbs from the table is a mystery.

Presumably the "Land of Lies" comes from frequenting bars where women tell you that you're a handsome, sexy man rather than telling you that you're old, fat, smell like meat that's gone off and that you wear the same unwashed clothes day after day ... just like the women back home in the Land of Truth told you before you ran away to Thailand.

Funny. ggt sort of rhymes with "eejit," don't it?

As for the OP, that is one cheap, sorry SOB. And if he was sleeping for hours, how could he possibly know that there were no other customers the entire night? Why do some people have to lie constantly on these forums...

The bars are mostly empty, but try taking a stroll down Walking St at midnight. Less Chinese family groups and more young guys from the Middle East and India, but they seem to be cut from the same Cheap Charlie cloth. I can live without that circus.