Question about "1st Class Visa Runs"

Gonki

I have a question about anyone's experience with "1st Class Visa Runs"

I followed tv adverts of "1st Class Visa Runs" to their Queen Victoria office. http://www.1stclassvisaruns.com/.

Their adverts as well as the website claimed:

* "luxury buses have just six [..] seats"

* "video equipment"

and other perks. Knowing I was paying extra I booked my visa run to Vientiane with that company. I freelance and at that time have just been paid by a client and felt like treating myself (normally I am a scrooge).

Well, the bus had 9 seats, was extremely shabby and no "equipment" of any sort. And the driver was Schumacher wanna-be, though in my experience it is not unusual with visa run companies.

I spoke to other visa runners there and was told that I paid some 500 baht more than they did. Which is somewhat strange.

Anyone else with an experience using the aforementioned company? I am very curious.

Thanks.

Dont you mean Cambodia rather than Vientiane?

Sounds like they just put you on a regular minivan. Probably because they didnt have enough people to fill their own. If so you should demand a refund of at least 500B from the people you paid.

There are several of the cheaper vans that do the Cambodia visa run trip daily with 9 seat vehicles and the cost is around 2000B if you buy from a travel agent or maybe 1800B if you buy directly from one of the companies who organises it (one is on Soi Buakow). A Thai lunch is included in that price but no luxuries like wifi or video.

I did aprox 40 visa runs from year 2000 to 2011 and most of the time I used "1st Class Visa Run". 6 seters Vans with wide comfy seats, video and headset, both to Cambodia and to Vientiane.

I was usually very satisfied with the Vans and trip. If it was anything to complain about, the lady in their office did investigate any complaints.

Contact them, and see what they do.

Dont you mean Cambodia rather than Vientiane?

I mean Vientiane, Laos.

In that case the Cambodian visa run prices and details I quoted may not apply.

Even so, if you paid for 6 seats and some extra facilities then you should either get them or get a partial refund.

Treat yourself by taking a bus ?

Better buy a coffin directly...

That's why I choose 1stCVR because I wanted to go with extra leg room and "video equipment showing the latest movies".

6 seters Vans with wide comfy seats, video and headset

shabby chicken coop with one broken tv screen.

Contact them, and see what they do.

So far nothing. I will update if anything happens.

I don't expect a refund!

I don't expect a refund!

You clearly did not get the service that you were offered and paid for. As such you are entitled to a partial refund and I expect you will get it.

If they dont play ball I would follow it up with a complaint to the Tourist Police, to City Hall and above all to the consumer protection agency (who apparently can be surprisingly effective).

• Like 1

You clearly did not get the service that you were offered and paid for. As such you are entitled to a partial refund and I expect you will get it.

If they dont play ball I would follow it up with a complaint to the Tourist Police, to City Hall and above all to the consumer protection agency (who apparently can be surprisingly effective).

If they admit their wrong I would be happy.

Right now I'm not in Pattaya to do face to face with the police or go to 1cvr office.

I don't expect a refund!

Hahahahaha. Why stop there? Why not take it to Parliment?

Hahahahahahahaaha.

i have used the Queen Vic service three times and have been more than happy with their service nice buses and good drivers.

Me too - although admittedly this was a few years ago. I used to go with them because of their good drivers.

The Laos border run is a 9 seater, the Cambodia run a 6 seater I think it's quite clearly stated.

Where is it clearly stated ?

just took a look and to be fair it says luxury 6 seater on the Cambodia trip and on the Laos one it doesn't mention 6 seater it says luxury bus so no fuss there

As I wrote in Post # 4, I used 1st Class Visa Run aprox 40 times - great Vans and excellent service.

They take complaints serious and act on them.

They follow the Law, and are always updated on the latest visa changes.

Best Vans I've ever seen in Thailand. Their staff is very polite.

Many long time expats in Pattaya have used this company for years - they are the best Visa run company.

Some posters should be aware of defamation and libel laws in Thailand, and think before you post.

I just called 1st Class Visa Run, and informed them about this topic.

They take complaints serious and act on them.

They continue to ignore my inquiries.

I just called 1st Class Visa Run, and informed them about this topic.

I've mentioned this topic in my correspondence. Just out of curiosity, what did they say?

Like Asia2000 I have used this company for several years and never had any real problems.

As someone has already pointed out the six seater service is only available for the Cambodia runs, the Laos trip is always on a 9 seat bus. I have done both trips on numerous occasions and was always made aware of the bus capacity for each relevant trip.

As far as I am aware they are not advertising the Laos trip as a 6 seat service, but will check this next time I am in the Queen Vic.

Sounds to me like you have misinterpreted the services available and are getting yourself wound up for nothing.

• Like 1