Converting Tourist visa to Non imm O visa .. one question

Hi everyone.

Sorry if this has been asked before. I have been doing my homework on this and have also been down to the immigration office at Chiang Mai but didn't get much help from the kids behind the counter who just gave me the photocopied page of requirements which doesn't answer my specific question. (It was a busy day there)

I am on a tourist visa. I have 22 days left on my permitted 60 days. I want to convert my tourist visa to a non imm O visa for the purposes of retirement. I understand that first I have to convert my visa type which will get me a 90 day non imm O visa which I can then later extend for a year. I have the required 800,000 baht in the bank but it has not been in there for the full two months yet. If I have to wait for that, then I will have to extend my tourist visa for a further 30 days … obviously costing me another 1900 baht.

Do I have to wait for the money to be in the bank for two months before converting my visa or is that only necessary for when I apply for the one year extension?

If anyone has a definitive answer on that I would be most grateful!

The money just needs to be in the bank no need for it to be there for 60 days. It will need to be there for 60 day when you do your extension.

You don't have a lot of time left to do the conversion. You need at least 15 days remaining on your entry to do it,

You will need the bank letter to confirm your balance. You may also need a letter from the bank to confirm the funds came from abroad.

This week you only have tomorrow because immigration is closed on Friday. Then again on Tuesday the 13th.

wow congratulations I struggle a lot with all the marriage docs, pics, bank etc to convert my visa & have to come back with supporting docs later, but then again im not retired nor in CM wink.png

Edited by worldfun