NACC to make decision on rice-pledging case against Yingluck at 1pm Thursday

webfact

1 PM Thursday?

Now it is after 2 PM...

Thai television says they are meeting.

Surprised it's not being televised as the CC was yesterday.

Maybe 1 PM they meet to decide and when they are finish they come out and tell?

But sounds a bit strange...

Newscaster just said a statement is "coming soon."

Got two TVs and am keeping an eye on each.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 PM Thursday?

Now it is after 2 PM...

the nation twitter is also a good source

who do you think is currently controlling the media - PTP that think they are still in office when in fact they are trespassing, the police need to go in and remove them from the building.......right ?

Fab4 said

Well you know best whistling.gif

Thai's own some land. His family offer a price on it. He persuades the family to offer a lower price - it is refused. One year later, the land is offered at a lower price. He is happy to tell the forum about it. The land owning family have lost out but hey he and his family have done all right out of it and thanking the PTP for it. It's similar to ginjag crowing over the fact that one of his income streams has increased because the baht has weakened due to the political situation.

You choose to miss the point - that even before the payments were late or have not happened anyone looking at the Rice Pledging scheme who had any economic education could see that it was unstainable and the rise in land values were also unsustainable. It is not the political situation that has caused the prices to drop - it is a poorly considered and implement policy/program that have caused them to drop.

I could have as easily pointed out the many friends and neighbours that have lost so much (thankfully none of them have ended their lives)The price that was offered represented a 3% return on investment so it was not exactly stingy. Actually I am happy in a situation where people know that we are still considering getting land to add to the 50 rai settlers block it will help to maintain some kind of a floor in the values - Economics 101 the more potential buyers in a market the higher the prices will be.

What keeps most of the families going in the situation (made worse by the drought) is money that is sent from relatives that work in places like BKK. However the downside to that is that it means that there is less money spent in the cities so the failed rice scheme even has a negative impact on the urban economy.

No I have no issue about being honest about the situation because if it helps some people to understand just how desperate the situation is in some of the villages maybe some of the comments that I hear about the red villages will be modified.

• Like 2

the nation twitter is also a good source

Blue Sky is broadcasting the meeting.

Looks like it's going to the Senate.

Edited by Piichai

you people want to know what this is about - a reminder

The government once announced that the sale of stockpiled rice would be done under a G2G (government to government) arrangement via a Chinese company called GSSG Import & Export Corporation, whose sole appointed agent in Thailand is Mr. Natthanit Sojirakul, a.k.a. 'Palm' who is the personal assistant of Udonthani MP Rapheephan Phongrueangrong, wife of red shirt leader Arisman Phongrueangrong.

Mr. Natthanit in turn issues a formal letter appointing as his representative Mr. Nimol Rakdee, who is the right hand man of Sia Piang.

It was Mr. Nimol Rakdee's job to purchase rice from the government under the G2G scheme via the Department of Foreign Trade. Sia Piang then takes the rice which was sold at a price below market rates due to the fact that there was no public auction as per G2G regulations, and sells them to the rice mills at market rates.

The government loses money once because Sia Piang pockets the difference between the G2G price and the market rates. The rice mills then sell the rice back to the government, causing the government to lose money the twice because the government is obliged to buy the rice at 40% above the market rate.

Sia Piang is a close associate of Thaksin.

Selling the rice under a G2G scheme (to avoid a public tender) is actually a scheme to sell the rice to corporations belonging to people close to Thaksin Shinawatra.

The things that float to the top when I "mull" over what has gone on - key points

- Rice scandal - where have upwards of 600 billion baht gone

- Rice farmers - they need to be paid no matter what happens

- Thaksin - gloating about being paid billions of baht from the people - Thankyou Thai people always my friend

sad farce and a blight on the good people of Thailand

And that was just what they had for afters... Let's not forget that the G2G scheme wasn't even unveiled until the closing scenes of the main scheme.

• Like 1

One way ticket comes to mind - I wonder if Charlerm can get through airport immigration with a bushy beard and a very long nose and sunglasses......burp burp

He could turn up sober and really confuse everyone.

Now you know that's as likely as Poo being reinstated after her appeal to his Majesty asking for 3 pardons.

Pardon three times?

Meeting just ended.

The last comment was about a five year ban, but it was not clear to me. It really sounded like she's banned already.

I guess that answers any question about her still being the Defence Minister

I love a challenge so I will take it up

My wife's family are rice farmers and they have benefited as a result of the Rice Pledging Scheme.

The wanted to buy additional land last year (my money, lol) After looking at the scheme I told them to put in a much lower offer on the land that they were interested in. The Offer was refused. This year we have been offered the same block of land at a lower price than it would have fetched before the scheme - Thank you one time.

I asked the family not plant any rice last year and plant green manure instead to help reverse some of the land derogation issues (anyone who has seen land in Isaan would understand.)The trade off was that I had to buy the families rice for the year - I ended up paying less than it would have cost to grow because of the effect of the stockpile on the price of rice - Thank you 2 times.

My wife used to work in a corporate job in BKK but due to the success of the PTP management of the floods the company relocated to Isaan so now she can work near home. Thank you 3 times

That good enough to win the challenge?

So you're not above exploiting the local Thais. I bet you're a real asset to the community.

Your definition of "exploitation" is somewhat confused.

Issanaus gave good advice, that was listened to, and the Thai's benefitted from it. He even used his own money to help out.

So, the family has the option on cheaper land, he has improved their current land, and his wife works closer to home.

Some people are just bitter and twisted and look for bad, even where it does not exist.

Get over it. Your hero was a failure, corrupt and self serving...and as a result...she can also work closer to home. Everybody wins.

Well you know best whistling.gif

Thai's own some land. His family offer a price on it. He persuades the family to offer a lower price - it is refused. One year later, the land is offered at a lower price. He is happy to tell the forum about it. The land owning family have lost out but hey he and his family have done all right out of it and thanking the PTP for it. It's similar to ginjag crowing over the fact that one of his income streams has increased because the baht has weakened due to the political situation.

The Germans have a word for it, schadenfreude. If that's me being "bitter and twisted", well, I'm happy with my outlook on life.

What's wrong with offering a price lower than an asking price? I do it all the time on land, cars, bikes. If the Owner thinks it worth more than I do, he declines, and end of discussion. If anything, it's the Owner of the land trying to exploit people asking a potentially inflated price because of a perceived market condition, not the other way round.

The PTP's brilliant rice pledging scheme, you know, the one that they can't afford to pay the Farmers, forces the land Owner to rethink his price of the land because the PTP exploited his vote and failed in their promise to pay him and he needs money to live. He offers his land at a lower price, but are there people to buy it now, or have they no money also because of the rice scheme?

Supply and demand always dictates price of anything. It's not exploitation by either side, it's simply what you think you can get and what someone will pay at any point in time.

The market shifted. The conditions changed. It's life. It happens.

I'm glad you are happy with your life but don't jump on the OP for being smarter than the next guy...because PTP screwed up.

• Like 1

1 PM Thursday?

Now it is after 2 PM...

An exciting life you are leading. Are your TV's tuned to different channels to add a bit of spice?

• Like 1

I love a challenge so I will take it up

My wife's family are rice farmers and they have benefited as a result of the Rice Pledging Scheme.

The wanted to buy additional land last year (my money, lol) After looking at the scheme I told them to put in a much lower offer on the land that they were interested in. The Offer was refused. This year we have been offered the same block of land at a lower price than it would have fetched before the scheme - Thank you one time.

I asked the family not plant any rice last year and plant green manure instead to help reverse some of the land derogation issues (anyone who has seen land in Isaan would understand.)The trade off was that I had to buy the families rice for the year - I ended up paying less than it would have cost to grow because of the effect of the stockpile on the price of rice - Thank you 2 times.

My wife used to work in a corporate job in BKK but due to the success of the PTP management of the floods the company relocated to Isaan so now she can work near home. Thank you 3 times

That good enough to win the challenge?

So you're not above exploiting the local Thais. I bet you're a real asset to the community.

"Typical nasty little post"