the thais in sydney

First the off I'm sad to see the monks in Sydney asking for 20 dollar donation to walk around in a Line to splash water on a Buddha statue and be blessed by a monk for songkran.

Then at the bus station I watched a Thai wai another Thai but the other Thai just ignored and gave her a weird look almost like she was to embarrassed to wai back in public.

Do you Think the Thais in Thailand would approve of this?

Strange, in US I've NEVER laid eyes on a Thai in public, outside of the numerous Thai restaurants where they work. I've often wondered where they are, Just seem to stick together and don't integrate into or even enjoy US society, which is very pleasant most places.

Looking at your recent topics....youre a travelling man. Nongkai, Khon Ken, from sleeping drunk on a sofa in a pattayabar to waing thais in Sydney.

Just finished your bottle of Hong Tong ?

stalker.

Strange, in US I've NEVER laid eyes on a Thai in public, outside of the numerous Thai restaurants where they work. I've often wondered where they are, Just seem to stick together and don't integrate into or even enjoy US society, which is very pleasant most places.

The biggest Thai community outside of Thailand is concentrated in/around the Los Angeles, California area, with an estimated 66% of all Thai Americans residing there. Los Angeles is often considered by many as Thailand’s 77th province (Thailand officially has 76 provinces), as it hosts the first and only ‘Thai Town’ in Hollywood.

Or.

Does Tiger Woods ring a bell?

• Like 1

The biggest Thai community outside of Thailand is concentrated in/around the Los Angeles, California area, with an estimated 66% of all Thai Americans residing there. Los Angeles is often considered by many as Thailands 77th province (Thailand officially has 76 provinces), as it hosts the first and only Thai Town in Hollywood.

Or.

Halfbreed does not count.

I can only talk about Thai's in the UK. My old town in the UK has a sizeable Thai population. They do tend to be quite insular as they will frequent Thai restaurants regularly and keep in touch this way. Outside of these environs it's rare to see them. One also has to remember the UK in places can be quite hostile to foreign people and therefore they tend to avoid mainstream gatherings.

The biggest Thai community outside of Thailand is concentrated in/around the Los Angeles, California area, with an estimated 66% of all Thai Americans residing there. Los Angeles is often considered by many as Thailands 77th province (Thailand officially has 76 provinces), as it hosts the first and only Thai Town in Hollywood.

Or.

Seems to count for Thai TV and commercials.

The Thai's i have met in Foreign lands have been mainly uncomfortable outside of their own groups but this seems normal with 'immigrants' of most nationalities. Another factor with Thai's is their mainly poor grasp of English.

Poor choice of words.

Half-breed is a derogatory slur for anyone who is of mixed race, though it usually refers to people that are half Native American and half European or white.

The villain of Mark Twain's novel, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, is a Native American-European-American man named "Injun Joe"; he is referred to as a "half-breed", often together with a derogatory adjective, such as "stinking," and has a violent and homicidal personality, which is attributed to his heritage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-breed

As stated, most Thais have their own community in LA. My wife works there. As for the rest they are usually married to Americans and having had a Thai wife in the US, I can see the reasonong to keep away from white people.

American white women cannot stand that an American man would have an Asian woman that pleases her husband. They will do their utmost to convince them that their husband is taking advantage of them.

They can and they do. While I can't say it was the entire reason, it was a huge reason my first marriage collapsed.

There are tens of thousands of Thais in NSW. There's no mistaking that Thai chatter when you hear them on a bus, or in the street while on the phone. I've met them in the CBD, Campbelltown, Tahmoor, Glebe.

There are tens of thousands of Thais in NSW. There's no mistaking that Thai chatter when you hear them on a bus, or in the street while on the phone. I've met them in the CBD, Campbelltown, Tahmoor, Glebe.

There IS a place called Thaitown in Sydney you know.

There IS a place called Thaitown in Sydney you know.

Yep, missing your point

Not sure about the lack of integration argument in Sydney. My wife (Thai) and I lived there for 12 years and her circle of women friends were local Aussies, Thai, Danish, Korean, Chinese and South African. I think that counts as integrating.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Now we are living good here in Thailand she has very few friends outside of close family. She says she can't put up with the Thai bull... t that goes on here. She catches up with friends in Sydney whenever she can get back there.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I agree totally with copa8. Apart from my work colleagues and girls I date I have no thai friends despite being able to speak passable Thai. I suppose everyone loves their comfort zone. I just dated a girl who spent 6 months in Kensignton, London on a language course. She told me that she stayed totally with Thais and never spoke English outside the classroom.