Alienware laptop

binjalin

Hit Computer Plaza and ask around in the shops. There is one in the back left corner who gets some good gear from time to time. Talk to the bald guy, he knows his stuff. I think he is the owner.

I've also seen Alienware around here somewhere but I don't recall where. Maybe there or in one of the shops in that area.

Looks like Dell Thailand might carry the M17x for a hair under 100k baht: http://ilovedell.com/desktop/alienware/default.aspx I doubt they really have it in stock, and that model is discontinued, anyhow. Compare the prices on Alienware's site for the current models: http://www.alienware.com/

Even with baht-to-burn I'd be very hesitant to buy a top-end laptop like this here. I'd be concerned about heat damage, given the power load of the type of components (i5/7 CPU, 8~16gb. of memory, powerful video card, etc.) used. Also, imho, ridiculously over-priced here.

For 50~60k, or less, baht I believe you could build (or have built for you) a custom desktop machine with equal/higher specs, and be using a premium (QHD) monitor that supports 2560/1440 resolution.

Up to you :)

~o:37;

• Like 1

Dell owns Alienware btw.

Honestly, for the price, you can build a desktop here for cheaper. Not saying they're not amazing machines, just the mark up would be nasty here.

Any chance of a return trip so you can order one there and bring it over when you return?

There is no import duty for laptops in Thiland, just the standard 7% sales tax.

I ordered a laptop from USA a couple of years ago, clearly marked as laptop, and had no problems receiving it here in Chiang Mai after paying the 7% tax.

If that is true, check out powernotebooks I had them put together a MSI whitebook (meaning a laptop w/o cpu and gpu) I selected what I wanted. Paid like $1250 2 years ago for an i7, 8gb ram and a GTX 570m it plays games like Skyrim at full settings, even with 4k texture packages added.

They also carry Alienware, Asus and Sager