How Is Hsbc Premier

does anyone have an hsbc premier account and how does it compare to a regular account especially as regards to foreign exchange and travelling and doing business in several countries hsbc has a presence in.was thinking of sticking $200,000 in an hsbc singapore premier account and using it for travel and business throughout the se asia region.i think there is only one branch in bkk so that may be inconvenient so was hoping using an hsbc atm card in thailand would have low fees.would it be better and cheaper to open a small deposit account at bkk bank,scb,etc.,for atm convenience and no atm fees?

HSBC Premier seems to give slightly better interest rates

and have cheaper or free transfer when transferring money around.

As transfers are only free within HSBC you would really need to have a HSBC acct in Thailand to take full advantage.

All the other cheap rates are for overdrafts, mortgages credit cards etc.

I don't know that much about it as I am new to the service. If I am not mistaken you need a certain amount to be eligible for Premier (300,000 pounds sterling) and then need to keep above a certain level in your acct to keep up the service.

I don't know that the service really provides that much benefit apart from the slightly higher interest rates - maybe someone else who has been with the service longer can fill us in.