Layover in Singapore Tips? WiFi?

VisaEd

HI all,

I've got a stop over of about 6 hours in Singapore.

I want to pop into the city centre for a look around.

My exit flight is at 19.30 - any ideas on what time I should get back to the airport by?

Also, are there any lockers at the airport and if so, how much do they cost?

I'd also like to get online while I am at the airport and in town - is there free WiFi or a cost effective way I can get online with mobile (True sim card)?

Any tips much appreciated!

Thanks.

There is a safety depost room inside the international terminal (airside) There is also a left luggage office landside downstairs.

THe train is the best way to get to the city. I suggest buying a day pass. There is a station downstairs in the terminal.

Wifi in the terminal is free but slow.

http://travel.cnn.com/singapore/visit/how-see-best-singapore-two-hours-free-820304 may be a thought.

http://www.changiairport.com/at-changi/leisure-indulgences/free-singapore-tour

The terminal has a free cinema and good rest facilies and fair food at reasonable price.

Edited by harrry

Certainly one of the better airports for a lay over.

Nice layout, plenty of places to sit, wifi is free and decent enough. As mentioned there is a cinema in the terminal as well. Easy to do a trip into the centre in that time scale as well.

If Carlsberg did airports, it would probably be like Changi.

The train is too slow, taxi's are a lot quicker but cost more. As you have limited time you don't want to be walking around MRT stations too much.

Don't wait until after 5 to travel back though - this is coming into peak traffic times.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips. Had a good trip but didn't sign up for the free WiFi before leaving the airport as I didn't realise it worked in town too, and you can't sign up outside of the airport.

Plus my True sim card didn't have roaming enabled so couldn't get a signal at all.

Pretty good airport all in all although security side on the way back wasn't that great at terminal 2 (I think).