best security lock ?

balo

I need a solid lock for an outside door so I went to thai watsadu , sukhumvit but I could only find thai brands like Solex with prices up to 700 baht. I need a really strong lock so where can I find the best money can buy ? Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You should find more high end locks at Home Pro Big C Extra and at homeWorks next to Big C Pattaya tai.

Agree and also you could try try Boontathvon - further along Suk on the left hand side going north just before the turn onto the 7 .

Agree about the local locks. When I lost my house keys at a time when I had given the spares to my daughter (who conveniently took them away with her just a few hours before and I hadn't had time to replace them) I called in a locksmith. He went through three locks in about 10 mins using nothing but vice grips, a screw driver and a hammer. Fourth locked he picked in 5 mins.

Neighbour said to buy Stanley or Yale locks as they are the toughest.

Neighbour said to buy Stanley or Yale locks as they are the toughest.

Thanks , I found them at Homepro today , Yale with a strength rating of 6 was the best they had., it looks much more solid than the Thai brands. And only 400 baht.

Edited by balo

Homepro 'hab promoshun' on Yale at the moment

But agree security can get very disproportionate here in Thailand when you can mount a 'bank safe' style multi point locking door unit into a wall made from single course cinder blocks - 10 minutes /two men/hammer could probably steal the door ;) Then as said above - the windows, or the seldom overlooked lift to enter roof tiles.