Moving things to Nonthaburi

FireMedic

Hey everyone! I'm finally moving up to the bustling metropolis of Nonthaburi to start my new job. I have a few boxes of things that I need moved up there along with my motorbike. How do I find a company to move a few large boxes and the motorbike up there? My GF was asking a few locals and was quoted 15 grand for the trip! She said no way on earth she'd pay that much. So I just need a little guidance if you can...Thanks everyone!

Congratulations.

Did she get the quotation from Phuket or from Nonthaburi? If from Phuket, then it might be better to ask someone local at the place you are moving to for an quotation also in case something goes wrong.. then you'll be living close to the person/company who did the move. It might make the aftermath easier.

I also understood that Thai post is able to transfer scooters (as well las larger boxes).

Shouldn't be so difficult to find somebody with a pick-up who can do it for a bit less. But add up yourself: gasoline, food, hotel 1 night, 2 days work, use of a vehicle, 15k isn't that far off the mark.

Interesting to know the Thai Post could do it, you learn something new every day.

Yes, very easy to find someone. Lots of Cowboys and helldrivers out there, who want to make some money. I personally would never leave our household in the hands of any but a professional moving Company.

Many big trucks in BKK deliver down there 6 days a week, most run back empty, would not think it would be that hard or expensive to get some boxes back to BKK, Motorbike if they will not take it there is the Post or Train.

Did you try a Car rental place about 1,200 baht day for a pickup ? some do one-way hire.