Toll Booth

JesseFrank

I was informed that the days of free highway are ending soon, as they are currently building a toll station at the Nongprue exit.

Does anyone know if that info is legit ? Fact is that there is a big construction going on at that location which includes a road.

i willingly pay any toll as long as it keeps those motor scooters away from me, love the motorways trucks keep left and no motorbikes allowed

You have some cheek, motorbikes have every right to be on the roads as well as you, and they should be allowed on the tollways at half price as long as the riders have a licence,

• Like 1

There are plans to make an extension from highway 7 down to Sattahip or Rayong. Cutting by the reservoir and Phoenix golf course. Maybe that's the start of this project???

Craig,

Do you know if it will run alongside the 36?

SJ

Edited by SidJames

Are you sure that this isnt an old April Fools joke?

It was official announced at least 2 years ago that the highway into Pattaya would become a toll way. Since they have installed the same high fences all along the stretch between Nongplalai and Pattaya.

There are plans to make an extension from highway 7 down to Sattahip or Rayong. Cutting by the reservoir and Phoenix golf course. Maybe that's the start of this project???

Craig,

Do you know if it will run alongside the 36?

SJ

No it will not run alongside the 36, it kicks off from the spaghetti junction of the 36/7, goes over the side of Maprachan lake, through Huay Yai, across the back of Chark Nell, crosses the 331 and is scheduled to come out close to Huay Pong between Ban Chang and Mapthaput. You can follow the route and see some of the land has already been marked off, I know the route so it is easy for me to see the posts.

But as for the 7 having toll booths, that was always the original plan, it's classed as a motorway, hence the blue signage, and all motorways are to be paid for, just had a bit of grace with this leg of the 7 to date.