Snake in driveway tonight

BillyBobThai

The snakes are lethargic and sluggish even under provocation.

I can assure that the krait I killed was anything but. It was moving very fast after the hit of the mop handle, as it should.

Hawkeye76, give me your address and the next snake I will put in your front yard for you to enjoy.

haha, for me that would be no problem ;-)

At least i know then, that the snake will not die, as i can bring it safely far away from town.

• Like 1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one snake that lives under our house that I will never try to catch.

Wrote a thread about it before somewhere....but just found his shedded skin for a 3rd time, so he is certainly still living around here.......the shedded skin is as thick as my wrist, massive big snake and he is a King Cobra, only been seen the once for real.

• Like 1

I've never seen a krait, nor a Russels Viper in the wild

Probably never will, most of the wildlife here has been hunted out many years ago.

Now its more a fashion than a necessity, than it was before, or for money to sell to some rich idiot that wants to eat endangered species.

Some people kill anyone/anything for money. Most of the last rainforest in Borneo,cambodia etc is being destroyed, along with everything in it, for someone's greed.

So what can we do? just accept the fact that the world will soon be a concrete jungle, for the very rich?

Or join in with the violence that has gone on for thousands of years, this people against that people, and then the other people, There's no ending to it.

Like some large "countries" or "religions" just want to kill everything that they dont(cant be bothered) to understand, or doesnt join in with them

There has to be another way

Noone has the right to take anothers life. You can read the Human Rights declaration, or just try to understand, think for yourself.

But where does it all end? Can you kill a gorilla, or a cow, an ant, a flower? Or a snake?

Do the farmers in UK have the right to exterminate all badgers, because they might be one of thecauses of Bovine TB in cows, and they want to farm millions of cows allover the land and make loads of money, from meateaters,until they can be bothered to find another way to make money.

And when it's you that's in the way.....?

• Like 2

Oh and a follow question. Where can I buy snake tongs? Never looked for them as on the rare occasion I've wanted to move one I used a stick with a plastic bag tied to the end (my GF's Mom's version which worked quite well for the little fellas) but this thread has knocked a little sense into me (but don't worry there's lots of nonsense left in my noggin'!)

I made one out of bamboo and a piece of steel rod hammered into the end and bent to a 90 degree angle....does the job, but only up to a certain size......

I would like a 'tong' thingy also....but no idea where to get.

• Like 1

Showbags, one of my go to lines is that "we are not snake food", or most of the animal kingdoms for that matter, but looking at your avatar you might want to be a little more careful that the rest of us

Edited by junglechef

• 3 months later...

Oh and a follow question. Where can I buy snake tongs? Never looked for them as on the rare occasion I've wanted to move one I used a stick with a plastic bag tied to the end (my GF's Mom's version which worked quite well for the little fellas) but this thread has knocked a little sense into me (but don't worry there's lots of nonsense left in my noggin'!)

Hi im new here....well ive been coming here for 12 years and living here for 4 years.

Im trying to post an email showing a catch and release of another ! golden tree snake...

I see a few people have or are after snake tongs....

im not here to sell...just for safety reasons ! ....i threw away my snake stick 2 years ago now !

I bought a few sets see pictures.....

The guy is makes them in Hua Hin but is selling to Golf courses and resorts wtihin Thailand

All through word of mouth...

If anyone wanted to get in touch with the guy how would i give them the details ???

I dont want banned on my first post...hahahaha as i want to stick within the forum rules

I hope these photos work !

post-220291-0-35624500-1410267082_thumb.

post-220291-0-25214900-1410267423_thumb.

post-220291-0-22249000-1410267658_thumb.

Every time I hear one of these snake stories, I think of Steve Irwin, his love of life, deep respect for nature, and his infectious enthusiasm. I'll never forget the show he did in which he traveled all around Australia, seeking out the continent's top 10 deadliest snakes. He actually followed one to its burrow, reached in, and pulled it out by its tail. He let another one slither right up to him and flick its tongue around his face.

"Crikey, what a BEAUTY!"

R.I.P. to a Great One

Every time I hear one of these snake stories, I think of Steve Irwin, his love of life, deep respect for nature, and his infectious enthusiasm. I'll never forget the show he did in which he traveled all around Australia, seeking out the continent's top 10 deadliest snakes. He actually followed one to its burrow, reached in, and pulled it out by its tail. He let another one slither right up to him and flick its tongue around his face.

"Crikey, what a BEAUTY!"

R.I.P. to a Great One

Well I will say he was ok to watch on TV and too young to die.

Perhaps in his next life he'll learn to respect deadly creatures a bit more.

I would like the details, pls PM ( personal message) me. I'm heading to HH soon so can p/u for me and anybody else if it works out that way

Thanks JC

Hi JC

Doesnt seem to be a much of a rush for them so far hahaha ........i will PM you the details for the Snake Tongs.

Cheers FM

• Like 1

CHAQUE FOIS UNE Qué J'entends De bureaux histoires de serpents, Je pense à Steve Irwin, fils amour de la Vie, non le rapport de profond pour la nature, et fils Enthousiasme contagieux. Je n'oublierai Jamais le spectacle, il l'ONU devant le fait DANS lequel À À il a voyagé Tout Autour de l'Australie, à la Recherche sur les 10 premiers ministres des ministres a serpents Les meurtriers fr ainsi que du Continent. Il Fait Suite à Celle de fils terrier, atteint à, et l'ONU Départ à la retraite par la fichier d'attente. Il a Un Autre ramper JUSQU'A Lui et sa langue Feuilletez Autour de fils de visage Laissé.

"Alors Mince, Quelle beauté!"

RIP à un Great One

For me the ultimate animal rudeness.
This guy showed no snakes, it featured him and him alone. Even his assistant was condemned to silence except for small cries of fear lice the security of the great master.
There are fortunately other more serious references in the world of animal observation.
Edited by Hisseho

I've been in contact with the tong guy. 2800 bht, 150 CM long aluminum. Look like high quality. More info avail if requested or google Premium Leisure Products. I'm heading to Hua Hin next month, will be back Nov 2 and would be happy to get one for anybody (who has been nice to me on TV :) ). No charge on my end but will request cost upfront.

I've been in contact with the tong guy. 2800 bht, 150 CM long aluminum. Look like high quality. More info avail if requested or google Premium Leisure Products. I'm heading to Hua Hin next month, will be back Nov 2 and would be happy to get one for anybody (who has been nice to me on TV smile.png ). No charge on my end but will request cost upfront.

I bought my sets off Mr. James...because we get Malaysian Pit vipers around our house...( Cha am )

seem to be getting alot of snakes at the moment...See pictures.

the small water monitor...was getting chased by our dogs so i grabbed it and put it on the wall.

where is made a sharp exit to the other side into trees and green stuff..

the dogs are too daft to run around to the otherside of the wall !

No nasty snakes inside the houses yet but a few visitors...

With the Malaysian Pit Vipers im careful but they all seem lazy...so easy to grab.

Mind if there was any snake acting aggressive i wouldnt risk it...

A friend of mine has caught a Cobra with some tongs.. ! see if i can get the pictures.

hope we all have a snake free weekend Cheers ! FM

post-220291-0-58845900-1410567985_thumb.

post-220291-0-96103300-1410568004_thumb.

post-220291-0-98519600-1410568063_thumb.

post-220291-0-03993100-1410568581_thumb.

• Like 1