Massage in Chiangmai

kiwitezza

I know there is many massage shops etc in Chiangmai for everyones needs etc..what i am looking for is someone who is able to give a good 'sports' type of massage. I have a few injuries starting to pop up around my body from being a builder most of my working life.

can vouch for this place1 million%smile.png

thai massage conservation club,thailand and caulfield of her royal highness princess mahachakri, sirindhorn

9 ratdamri rd changpuak muang(close to the YMCA) t/n 053406017,open everyday 8am to 10 pm

they are native blind massuers,aud is there leader,please explain what u want and a little while later they will get your driftbiggrin.png just be patientsmile.png

have nt been there for 18 months or so. last rain check was 150 baht a hour ,always give them a good tip,up to yousmile.png

any tuk tuk or songkrew will get u there,they are the best in the business for big aches and pains,or for hangovers for that matterlaugh.png ,they opened up about 12 yrs ago i always remember the opening day, every hi so so was present,very nice people to boot, all have a nice daysmile.png

Hmm, if anyone wants to get into a debate about the so called abilities of the blind then fire away.......

Be patient you suggest.....in that time many Injuries occur because these blind people can't see.

Sorry but massage is about working with all your senses so don't believe the rubbish that no sight mean e.s.p elsewhere.

But by all means try it, it will be no better or worse than than the "show me what to do girls" down loi kroh.

Hmm, if anyone wants to get into a debate about the so called abilities of the blind then fire away.......

Be patient you suggest.....in that time many Injuries occur because these blind people can't see.

Sorry but massage is about working with all your senses so don't believe the rubbish that no sight mean e.s.p elsewhere.

But by all means try it, it will be no better or worse than than the "show me what to do girls" down loi kroh.

Problem is that some of these farangs are so old and ugly, that they can only get blind people to massage them.

Can`t remember the name, but I recommend the OP try to big massage place by the Chiang Mai gate. It`s on the left heading towards the airport side. Big building with steps leading inside, can`t miss it.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Being a senior citizen and a golfer I often get a few injuries.

Usually get sorted with one or two treatments from the ladies at Big C Mae Hia, ground floor at the far end from the banks near all the telephone sales shops.

wish to refer to posts #3 and 4

your contribition to the opening post is appalling and thats putting it nicely

why make such derogative remarks to the handicapped accredited massuers???

suggest that a large bottle of listerine is needed in both cases

and from me to both of yous .... shame...fullstop

wish to refer to posts #3 and 4

your contribition to the opening post is appalling and thats putting it nicely

why make such derogative remarks to the handicapped accredited massuers???

suggest that a large bottle of listerine is needed in both cases

and from me to both of yous .... shame...fullstop

No problems with #4 as far as I am concerned, but I suspect the problem with #3 might be that when the member is so small

it can not be felt, visual aid is necessary.

For us others, I suspect a blind masseuse would do fine, and all other things being equal, i.e., training and experience, perhaps even be better. Have been curious to try for a long time, but never done it yet.

I have used the blind massage people a number of times and only have praise for their work. The man I use and request speaks English and I am 75 so when I say ouch he understands. Their price just went up from 120 bahts to 130 where I go so it might be a different location. A good tip is also recommended. Its close to the traffic circle which is close to the YMCA.

I have used the blind Thai massage in the old city which is on the street that turns into Loi Kroh.

From Loi Kroh just follow the road down past the first set of lights which if you were to turn left at would lead you to Chiang Mai Gate. Just go straight through them and it is just a short way to the Blind academy. I believe that is the name. They are on the left hand side of the road. There is another one on the inside of the West Moat. I have not tried them.

The first time I went there they asked if I want gentle or medium. I will never say medium again. He really worked me over. If you are into pain it is there. The next two times I said gentle and was very satisfied.

As for needing all their senses a blind person has there other senses more sensitive. I saw a professional two year graduate in Canada . She told me it took her one year to learn to sense the problem areas.

Edited by northernjohn