Translation Service Near British Embassy (Ploen Chit)?

Spouse

Can anyone please recommend a translation service that can translate a marriage affirmation into Thai from English?

I would also like one that can handle the certification by the Thai MFA.

Ideally near the British Embassy so I can drop it off after getting the affirmation.

Any ideas on turn around time and cost?

Thanks a lot.

Better to get a translation Service near the MFA we used a guy that met us gave him the paperwork and it was all returned to us with all the stamps needed for 1200 Baht, i have heard about being 300 baht but you still have to go to the MFA this was trouble free.

Call me if you need details.

There is a translation service just over the road from the Embassy.

As you come out of the Embassy,over the other side of the road,walking towards the BTS station,is a small mall.

On the second floor is a small translation shop,that will do exactly what you need.

I enquired about a marriage certificate translation and they quoted me 400 baht which would only take them an hour to do.

They also said they would translate it plus get it certified by the MFA,i think from memory it was around 1200-1400 baht and would be around 2 days.

P.s ,when I first went there it looked like it was closed,because they pulled the shutter on the front halfway down,but I called out to them,and they opened it up,i just thought that I would mention it,as once inside,the owner(I think),was very friendly and helpful.

Hope this helps.

You need to be careful of the operators outside the MFA, there are many of them. One I used gave me my document back littered with mistakes. It was rejected by the MFA. They have a service inside the office itself which is cheaper and more reliable. I would use that. I wouldn't use the people hanging about outside again.

There is a translation service just over the road from the Embassy.

As you come out of the Embassy,over the other side of the road,walking towards the BTS station,is a small mall.

On the second floor is a small translation shop,that will do exactly what you need.

I enquired about a marriage certificate translation and they quoted me 400 baht which would only take them an hour to do.

They also said they would translate it plus get it certified by the MFA,i think from memory it was around 1200-1400 baht and would be around 2 days.

P.s ,when I first went there it looked like it was closed,because they pulled the shutter on the front halfway down,but I called out to them,and they opened it up,i just thought that I would mention it,as once inside,the owner(I think),was very friendly and helpful.

Hope this helps.

We tried this one but they wanted 5,000 baht to do two so we said no.

Will look for somewhere else that can do it, or maybe go up there and do it myself.

Thanks though.

There are a few translation companies in Mahatun Plaza which is right next to Ploen Chit BTS (round the corner from the embassy)

We've used a couple of them for our visa applications as well as the affirmation of freedom to marry translation.

Can't comment on the possibility of them running up to the MFA for you as i did that bit myself, but I reckon they'll do it. They seem to know about the process.

Translation costs are about ฿300 per page.

Make sure you check that the translation is correct.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Mahatun+Plaza+Building/@13.742957,100.549305,3a,75y,192.5h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sHWWYghKmdiZPVS1QEt1D8A!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x30e29edabfcfe5bf:0x9e60891e35836374!6m1!1e1?hl=en

On the right hand side as you look at this street view.

• 1 year later...

I often have to get Thai - English translations done for my business so have tried a few different companies around Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Lampang. Most of them are excellent... inexpensive, with a quick turnaround, and accurate. In Bangkok, my favorite is probably "Master Piece Translation" and in Chiang Mai and Lampang, my favorite is "Thailand Translation Services".