So, can I stay in Thailand?

Like everyone, I am confused about the new visa run rules, and I'm not clear how they affect me.

Me:

American

Under 25

Own online company with clients in the US

Rent 30k/month condo. Not a backpacker.

I've been here since January and have been doing visa runs each month, with one long trip thrown in. I have 6 entries to Thailand so far (5 BKK, 1 Phuket).

Can I continue doing air visa runs until August and then get an Ed/60day tourist visa? Or do I need to get a 60 day tourist visa when I leave in June?

How long is the typical processing time to get a tourist visa in Singapore?

And, how many back-to-back tourist visas will I be able to get?

Personally, I really like taking a border run every month. Even if it's only 2-3 hours in an airport, I like the shake up, and it's a break from routine.

Thanks for any advice/help.

You should get a tourist visa instead of relying on getting 30 day visa exempt entries.

Rather than flying to Singapore where you will only get a single entry tourist visa you could go to to Bali and get a 3 entry visa. You will need a ticket out of the country for each entry (90 days apart is ok).

You can get almost 9 months from a 3 entry tourist visa by extending each 60 day entry by 30 days and doing the 3rd entry just before the visa expires (6 months from issue).

• Like 1

Work here legally for a start (which you are not doing currently).

So set up company, employ 4 x Thai staff, pay taxes and vat, get work permit, get extension of stay due to business.

Sorted.

• Like 2

I am not working in Thailand. My job has nothing to do with Thailand.

I'll be getting a triple entry tourist visa on ubonjoe's advice.

Thanks, all.

That is your best option.

Contact member by vongbali by PM for info on getting the visa in Bali. He can help because he works there.

If you want to make a short trip out during one of the 60 day entries (or the 30 day extension) you can get a re-entry permit to keep the remainder of it valid.

I am not working in Thailand. My job has nothing to do with Thailand.

I'll be getting a triple entry tourist visa on ubonjoe's advice.

Thanks, all.

That is your best option.

Contact member by vongbali by PM for info on getting the visa in Bali. He can help because he works there.

If you want to make a short trip out during one of the 60 day entries (or the 30 day extension) you can get a re-entry permit to keep the remainder of it valid.

Well I never knew you could do that.

Elephant - You seem like a decent bloke, you will enjoy Bali, but I think it takes 3-4 to get the visa processed there. Check for any public holidays here and in Indonesia b4 you set off though.

It is possible to get a re-entry permit for any type of visa entry or extension of stay.

I think it is now possible to get 2 day service in Bali now. OP can contact the consulate for info.