networking

kaveh

hi folks

I'm researching in the field of computer security and should collect some infos regarding tiny infrastructures in companies. so, which networking technology/pltform you're using, right now in your company or in your office?

and which type of name resolution (if there is any) you use? (NetBIOS, dns, ...)

thanks for your help

I'm researching in the field of computer security

Computer Security. This is the precise reason no-one should answer this question.

It's fine if you want to learn, but unless you want people thinking you're a hacker, or worse, it would be wise to either:

• Give a VALID reason for asking for the information (School assignment, Opening a new field office, Personal poll, etc)
  • Give a FAKE but PLAUSIBLE reason for asking for the information

• and... provide your current level of knowledge of computer security (none, little, independent learner, current enrolled student , employed in field, hacker, black/white hat participant, etc.

collect some infos regarding tiny infrastructures in companies

Uh, wut?

//edited to add third point

Edited by RichCor
  • Like 1

I'm researching in the field of computer security

Computer Security. This is the precise reason no-one should answer this question.

It's fine if you want to learn, but unless you want people thinking you're a hacker, or worse, it would be wise to either:

• Give a VALID reason for asking for the information (School assignment, Opening a new field office, Personal poll, etc)
  • Give a FAKE but PLAUSIBLE reason for asking for the information

• and... provide your current level of knowledge of computer security (none, little, independent learner, current enrolled student , employed in field, hacker, black/white hat participant, etc.

collect some infos regarding tiny infrastructures in companies

Uh, wut?

//edited to add third point

1. you re the best at making simple things complicated :)

2. you don't have to answer :D

3. the reason is quite ultra simple: I design security suites for platforms which have more users, so I think it's cleared, I should know popular platforms to use my time ONLY for those with big market :|

4. understand?