Wife insists her husband not drunk when beaten by PDRC security guards

webfact

Did the Monk promise to hand over the killers? or was that another attack.

There have been so many cases of the peaceful protesters beating and killing that I get confused.

Have they handed over anybody yet? I know there have been promises.

Would have been nice of the monk to hand over the attackers (unless I'm behind events and both the officer and the

ice truck driver died, then killers). But as there's a strong sentiment that the monk isn't "nice", why be surprised if he

does not follow up on that, or if he got the same concept of time management as Suthep does?

Not his place to hand them over, rather it's the police's job to arrest them.

If their crime solving abilities rely on suspects handing themselves in, maybe they deserve their professional reputation.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Wichai said the security camera at the scene happened to be a dummy camera and the camera of the nearby Bank of Ayutthaya branch was not in a position to record what happened."

Only in Thailand can they equate "security" with dummy". Whoever believes that explanation is the real dummy. I would place my money on the security guards being the ones who were drunk who just got carried away. I am quite sure that the penalty for hitting a traffic cone does not include stabbing the offender.whistling.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/723126-bma-no-more-dummy-surveillance-cameras-in-bangkok-100000-baht-reward-if/

I want my 100,000 reward.

Posted 2014-05-02 15:20:39

No more dummy surveillance cameras in capital

CCTV-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) assured Friday that by end of this year people in the capital will be safeguarded by 47,000 surveillance cameras that are functional and no more dummy cameras will be seen on the streets.

Anyone who finds a dummy or fake camera still in use can come to pick up 100,000 baht reward from the BMA, announced the deputy governor Mr Amorn Kijchawengkul at a press conference to report progress of the surveillance cameras project in Bangkok on Friday.

The drunk story is just lies to cover an unpleasant truth. aka disinformation, and this drunk claim is the same one they made against the Colonel they shot at and beat up.

Thus, Luang Pu Buddha Issara, protest leader at the Chang Wattana protest site, must quickly turn the guards who recently attacked Colonel Witthawat Wattanakul of the Directorate of Joint Intelligence in to the police. Even if the colonel was drunk, as alleged, when he got out of his car to remove the barrier blocking his way, the guards have not claimed that he was any danger to them, so their shooting in his direction, causing shrapnel injuries, was clearly an over-reaction.

If you didn't catch it on this mornings news, the Aksa road protest (the big scary red one), a group of people complained in the police station at Khon Khen that they'd been hired to go to Aksa road as protestors and hadn't been paid. Lots of people thought the woman with the Thai flag bag was familiar, and indeed she is, she's plays the hysterical PDRC protestor here in the top half of the photo, and below making the fake police complaint:

1400028436-4-o.jpg

You see that deception plays a key role in this coup.

Are they claiming it's a set up or complaining about her being a multicolored professional demonstrator for hire?

convenient cameras eh?

Makes no difference if drunk or not, if anything its worse to do it if he was drunk, and how was he driving anyway if drunk....although that could explain the cone hitting, but then that was bad visibility due to rain.

Do you often hit things when driving a car in the rain? There is more to this story. Information we will probably never find out..

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You seem to be saying:

There is more to this story

We will (probably) never find out.

Hence the story is suspect.

Well, we don't know that there's more to the story, that's just something claimed.

If there is, it might be in favor of either party, so the full story could be worse for the PDRC.

Hence, better not to make baseless assertions

It is true that in all probability we will not be privy to the full details.

But that is due to investigation and reporting in Thailand being what they are.

The guy could have been an ace driver, and this was the first thing he hit in his life.

The guy could have been familiar with the road, sans traffic cones.

The guy was a lousy driver, or tired, or distracted or whatever - traffic in Thailand is a know issue.

I know it sucks, but sometimes the home team fouls too.

Accept it, deal with it, don't condone it.

Have.. did.. don't!

We're living in the Wild West now everyone! The PDRC guards beat up and stab whoever they like and they get no consequences for it. The police are powerless and couldn't give a damn!

Be careful everyone! The police will not protect you here. You must look after yourself.

Pray tell whenever it was different.

The drunk story is just lies to cover an unpleasant truth. aka disinformation, and this drunk claim is the same one they made against the Colonel they shot at and beat up.

Thus, Luang Pu Buddha Issara, protest leader at the Chang Wattana protest site, must quickly turn the guards who recently attacked Colonel Witthawat Wattanakul of the Directorate of Joint Intelligence in to the police. Even if the colonel was drunk, as alleged, when he got out of his car to remove the barrier blocking his way, the guards have not claimed that he was any danger to them, so their shooting in his direction, causing shrapnel injuries, was clearly an over-reaction.

If you didn't catch it on this mornings news, the Aksa road protest (the big scary red one), a group of people complained in the police station at Khon Khen that they'd been hired to go to Aksa road as protestors and hadn't been paid. Lots of people thought the woman with the Thai flag bag was familiar, and indeed she is, she's plays the hysterical PDRC protestor here in the top half of the photo, and below making the fake police complaint:

1400028436-4-o.jpg

Are they claiming it's a set up or complaining about her being a multicolored professional demonstrator for hire?

Multi-coloured?

No in both cases she's PDRC, in one she's an avid PDRC screaming in support, on the other she's pretending to be an anti-red (i.e. pro PDRC) upset that reds promised her money and then didn't pay.

She's very fake in both cases. But in both cases she's doing as bit of pro-PDRC propaganda.

1400028436-4-o.jpg

Multi-coloured?

No in both cases she's PDRC, in one she's an avid PDRC screaming in support, on the other she's pretending to be an anti-red (i.e. pro PDRC) upset that reds promised her money and then didn't pay.

She's very fake in both cases. But in both cases she's doing as bit of pro-PDRC propaganda.

What's her name then? Still not convinced it's the same person!

1400028436-4-o.jpg

Multi-coloured?

Meant multicolored as in demonstrator for hire. We've met some over the last few years.

Sort of like how you find the same vendors with different merchandise at rallies.

Guess there are a few versions of this doing the rounds, then.

I can't really tell if it's the same woman, though (not saying she isn't, mind).

Hopefully there will be more details about this (or not, being Thailand).

1400028436-4-o.jpg

Multi-coloured?

Meant multicolored as in demonstrator for hire. We've met some over the last few years.

Sort of like how you find the same vendors with different merchandise at rallies.

Guess there are a few versions of this doing the rounds, then.

I can't really tell if it's the same woman, though (not saying she isn't, mind).

Hopefully there will be more details about this (or not, being Thailand).

See Channel 3 bit part actress. I guess its steady money if you can't get into the soaps anymore, but why do they have to do the ridiculous soap-opera screaming as if TV soap is real life?

One day I hope someone is able to develop a method to test alcohol levels in the blood...or maybe on a person's breath, but until that day we are going to have to rely on witness statements days later.

The article makes it sound like he ran over a small orange cone...but why would someone even stop if that were the case?

Why did he not drive away when he saw a group of people approaching him?

Why did they not lock the vehicle doors?

Where were the guards standing when he drove over a cone? On the other side of it?

Everyone is always so quick to say the news is inaccurately reported or important information omitted; yet everyone totally accepts he innocently ran over a small traffic cone without question.

If a group of security guards just approached him without provocation and attacked him and stabbed him for no reason then they should be held responsible--but lets everyone try and not let political leanings cloud the circumstances.

I will remember this when a security guard/thug just decides to beat the CR*p out of me.

This is the logic.of.,.if the falang hadn't been there he couldn't have had an accident. Obviously this bloke.just asked to be beaten up

What are you talking about? All I am saying is right now there are several unanswered questions and I have heard of no witness accounts. The wife was not present by her own admission.

Maybe the security guards seriously assaulted this person simply because he hit an orange cone...but since that does not sound like reasonable behavior, I am waiting until further evidence is collected.

Perhaps you have read other articles with additional evidence and you could share those here...otherwise, the numerous responses on this thread appear to be very clouded by political hate. Right now your logic appears to that of a "lynch mob" and lynch mobs had a bad habit of hanging innocent people.

Private so called security guards shouldn't be assaulting and nearly killing anyone.

There is self defence, but I am.not sure that extends to stabbings.

Yep. It's people, as usual, demanding a standard of evidence they wouldn't require if it were the other side involved. Any scrap of smut is seized on when it comes to the side you don't like. As you say, even if the guy was drunk, it seems unlikely it'd be justifiable for a gang of armed men to stag him and leave him in a plastic bag (presumably to die).

What are you talking about? All I am saying is right now there are several unanswered questions and I have heard of no witness accounts. The wife was not present by her own admission.

I am waiting until further evidence is collected.

Perhaps you have read other articles with additional evidence and you could share those here...otherwise, the numerous responses on this thread appear to be very clouded by political hate. Right now your logic appears to that of a "lynch mob" and lynch mobs had a bad habit of hanging innocent people.

Private so called security guards shouldn't be assaulting and nearly killing anyone.

Yep. It's people, as usual, demanding a standard of evidence they wouldn't require if it were the other side involved. Any scrap of smut is seized on when it comes to the side you don't like. As you say, even if the guy was drunk, it seems unlikely it'd be justifiable for a gang of armed men to stag him and leave him in a plastic bag (presumably to die).

Why is it that you must think everyone has a political agenda? I simply expect a standard of evidence beyond what is written by a biased news reporter in the absence of eye-witness accounts. Otherwise, i am apolitical in thai affairs and quite happy to have Lumpini back for my morning runs.

You read a plastic bag and by your own account, you presume he was placed in the bag to die. I do not presume anything but simply offer reasonable doubt to your assertion--the man was stabbed and laying on the ground, it was raining hard. The victim crawled to a plastic bag and wrapped it around himself prior to losing consciousness or someone, perhaps one of the guards placed the bag around him as an act of charity.

You cannot possible know but that doesn't keep you from immediately presuming the worst case scenario based on your politics. I am relieved you are in Thailand, I would hate to think you could be serving on a jury in the US.

Edited by ClutchClark