Expense on package tours to Japan hits the lowest in recent history

webfact

Expense on package tours to Japan hits the lowest in recent history

BANGKOK, 14 May 2014 (NNT) - Prices of package tours to Japan hit the lowest point in the recent history, with a starting price of 20,000 baht which is flooding the market, President of the Thai-Japan Tourist Association Anaek Srijivachart said.

Mr. Anek attributed the drop in tour package prices to the nation’s visa waiving policy, pointing out the measure has encouraged low cost airlines to increase trip frequency to the nation. However, the competition among the airliners is rather piercing as the number of travelers is relatively small, causing such airways as Jet Asia, Asia Atlantic, and Asia X, to discount their high cost operations to attract passengers.

The Association President said that for those who have interests in visiting Japan, now is the time to fulfill the endeavor, sharing his opinion that after May the prices of the tour package would adjust up, should low cost airlines dismiss the route.

Previously the price of a package tour to Japan was around 40,000 - 100,000 baht. However, Mr. Anek said, the cost has significantly dropped after Japan issued its VISA waiving policy last July, widely attracting Thai tourists to the nation.

Mr. Anek said the number of Thai travelers visiting Japan last year was at 453,642, a 74% increase from that of the year earlier, adding that the figure continued to rise by 64% in the first quarter of 2014. The President speculated that this year more than 500,000 Thais would travel to Japan, which is a dream destination offering tourist attractions that can be visited all year round.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-05-14 footer_n.gif

But if you were to go out into a nice Japanese restaurant, how much would it cost for a bowl of noodles? 2000THB+ ?

Wifeys friend, a school teacher, went on a package tour to Japan last month. Said that she found the basic street food only a little more expensive than in Thailand but a little bland.

But if you were to go out into a nice Japanese restaurant, how much would it cost for a bowl of noodles? 2000THB+ ?

Went to Tokyo a few months ago, surprising the food isn't all that expensive (not to mention sashimi is cheaper and fresher). Electronics and other durable goods are also way cheaper (e.g. Sony PS4 is Bt12,xxxx there compared to Bt20,xxxx here - yeah, we could talk forever about warranty but that's not really the point).

I was there a few years ago and my meals were generally around $10 but I had a local mate who was showing me around so perhaps I was getting the good deals but he said this was normal. 2000 baht for a bowl of noodles? I haven't seen that. The sushi at the local train station hole in the wall was shockingly better than the 1500 baht sushi at the JW Marriott in Bangkok.

Japanese food is not my favorite cuisine by far but food in Tokyo was probably the best all round for freshness and quality that I'd had anywhere. Faultless service too.

Yes, price to Japan is at an all time low but they'll (Thai's) be in for a shock to see the price of food in Japan in comparison to Thai. Look on the bright side, it''s only a 4 days and 3 night trip.

Went to Japan (Kyoto) for the first time last year and expected it to be difficult to get around and very expensive. Travel can be confusing at times, but the Japanese are so helpful and accommodating, it was fun getting lost! I reckon the food was slightly more expensive than here; but so much better. Can't wait to go again.

My wife friend and several women from her office bought one of these rock bottom price tours to Japan but before they ever received their tickets and vouchers the company had vanished without a trace after taking in a considerable amount of cash. The police were unable to help.

My wife friend and several women from her office bought one of these rock bottom price tours to Japan but before they ever received their tickets and vouchers the company had vanished without a trace after taking in a considerable amount of cash. The police were unable to help.

Sorry to hear that,unsurprised though.

They must be like stunned fish when they get there and see the lack of garbage.

but else feel like "brothers-in-arms": Thai don't speak English, so don't Japanese ... no problem

the g/f wants to go,, as do a lot of thais,, but really what is there to see and do???? thinking about tokyo in july...

Chopping!

Be aware.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app