Travel from South Korea to Beijing

Hi,

I am going to travel to South Korea in August, probably for 10 days and later would like to go to Beijing.

There's the three of us and I find the flights one way to be expensive. $250.

Is there another way to go? by ferry? or a combination of ferry and train?

Suggestions about where to go in Korea will be gladly accepted as well.

Ferries to Japan and Russia but I don't think they run to China.

Korea kinda sucks as a tourist. Do you like K-pop and Kimchi?

It will rain possibly all day in August unless it's just incredibly hot and humid.

Enjoy!

You buy a ticket with Korean or asiana. One way BKK to Beijing with a stop in Seoul for however long you want. Usd 250 doesn't sound like an expensive ticket as it is quite a long flight. Are you coming back to Thailand? You may get a better deal with a return. Move your dates about or ask a travel agent to search through some dates. I had enough of Korea after about a week and one morning jumped on a bus to Pusan and caught the evening ferry to shimonoseki(Japan). Japan was cool, but the food in Korea was good and cheap. I did return to Korea after Japan to fly out but I would say having already been to Korea once there is no need to go back whereas I have been back to Japan and would go again. China also is much more interesting than Korea and worthy of multiple visits.

BTW If you are coming back to Thailand and you need a return ticket you could buy a one way to Seoul or Pusan with any of the Chinese airlines and then put a stop in Beijing(shanghai, Guangzhou, kunming whatever) one the return. That may be cheaper also?

Thank you username 99. That helps

CNXBKKMAN, i AM LEAVING Bkk to Korea, then to China, Beijing, going down to Hong Kong, and then take a flight to Europe.

It's all one way flights.

I already have o/w tickets to Seoul, very cheap ones with airasia.

So I think I might as well take the ferry to China and carry on from there.

Thank you.