The Goin' Rate

a2396

Walk into any internet cafe and see how the sting works:

Thai lady at the PC, three chat windows open and it's pretty much cut n paste from one to the other . . .

Admittedly I did 'cast a glance' at the odd bit of correspondence and it was about money, love, family problems and commitment sought.

On the one hand you can't blame the girls, they want a better life for themselves, any which way it seems - - - then another way to see it is that is is blatantly using and manipulating someone else.

If we were in the same situation, what would we do?

Clearly, OP, your potential girlfriend is not worth the effort and if you believe that:

ALL of my western aquaintences here are ponying up some amount to keep the lady "on board"

... then you are quite lost. (You will be even more lost if you ever go and live in a 'Western' country again as you have forgotten what a normal relationship is like)

Edited by Sing_Sling

2006-05-19 04:22:55 Post #10

Group: Members

Member No.: 14,799

Thanks for the good advice here. We have not been married long, about 1 year. The maritial assets are few, only household furnishings purchased. I think she has a lot more to lose if she is not cooperative, although she could drag it on for 3 years. The next big step is to inform her of the "facts of life". I will probably be engaging a lawyer for this, because her English skills are totally inadequate for this type of discussion.

on 9/29/2005

I have been told that if my Thai lady legally marries me, she cannot purchase property (ie own) in Thailand for one year. Has anyone heard of this?? Also, how do banks and financial institutions view the lending of money to her, if she has a foreign husband? Is the husband's income taken into consideration, if she were to obtain a property loan? I am referring to both of us residing in Thailand. Thanks.

Hmmmm on May 19th (My Birthday ....) The OP was writing about divorcing his wife of just over a year ... on 9/29 wasn't married ...

It just doesn't add up!

Every post has been about girls in the first pages I scrolled through .....

I am just posting my reality experiences here. The latest was to be a possible Mia Noi. GET IT IDIOT!!

Sorry to say that you were trolling. Lets just use something we both could agree on, how about umm... a wind-up? Hope thats better.. geessss

Your last replied to me said that she was infact "a GF" now she's a Possible "Mia noi"? So do you have relation with her or don't you man? In either case, you're were paying-out? and you're calling JD an Id***? :o

Nice try though

may I suggest reading the OP's other body of work online?

You need to get a new hobby and stop wasting your time playing Sherlock Holmes on TVisa. :o

He had an opinion, he posted it, and you decided to be the decider of who is legit and who is not. :D

I agree with you, however it seems that the general operating rules here are: no money=no girlfriend, particularly with regard to Farangs. ALL of my western aquaintences here are ponying up some amount to keep the lady "on board" and the men are not all 60 yr + geezers.

so they are pretty much paying to have a girlfriend? thats pretty sad. i understand that we all one way or another - my ex wife got the ffing house :o

however i do not understand the general concensus that you need to "pony" up some amount to keep the lady "onboard"

how can there be any trust if it works that way. you would be just a well selecting a new "girlfriend" every few days from your local "bar"

its mind boggling to me that people in this situation actually think they have some form of relationshi with the girl in question. you are an atm and she "taps" a few button to get a withdrawl, that's it :D

Why oh why do we have to read the same threads over and over again but nobody ever learns from what is read.

Because the same thing keeps happening over and over again in Thailand and not everyone reads EVERY post on TV like you and some others appear to do? :o

LOL Misplaced ....

the guy's timelines don't add up ... he wasn't married in Sept last year ... but in May this year had been married over a year ....

But certainly a GF expects to probably get married ... particularly if she is in her hometown/province. A Mia Noi does not have this to look forward to ...so yes money IS an object there ... Since the OP started a thread about Mia Noi he should know the difference between a GF and a Mia Noi ... So the girl in question here is in a No win situation and loses face considerably! Not to mention if the age difference is radical and people know he is married ....

If this guy is indeed in thailand?? and married? ... well she doesn't have ANY social status at all and he's just looking for a REALLY cheap bedpartner ... less than 6k a month all-in ... now THAT is a sad reflection

may I suggest reading the OP's other body of work online?

You need to get a new hobby and stop wasting your time playing Sherlock Holmes on TVisa. :o

He had an opinion, he posted it, and you decided to be the decider of who is legit and who is not. :D

Thanks... when you have been aound more than 2 weeks you'll see a pattern of topics and questions and incongruencies that suggest a troll or wind-up ... note that above I didn't say he was trolling or winding people up .... i just suggested the possibilty might be there ... after reading his posts ... they don't follow an internal time frame that suggests he is being either honest or forthcoming ... as we saw when his GF changed suddenly to being a mia noi ...

stick around .. watch ... you'll catch on soon enough

On the one hand you can't blame the girls, they want a better life for themselves, any which way it seems - - - then another way to see it is that is is blatantly using and manipulating someone else.

Yes, we can blame them. They are nothing short of Con-women. Every time I hear this argument I think about an x of mine a long time ago who went to graduate school in the morning, worked as a Vet's assistant in the afternoon and a waitress at night to pay for her school and living expenses.

Theres NO excuse for it, the is "no hand" for not blaming the girls, sure they may have it harder than most, but Ive seen too many people dig their way out of a deep hole "honestly" to excuse a scam artist who wants to sit on their ass or lay on their backs to earn a living.

Get a job.

Why oh why do we have to read the same threads over and over again but nobody ever learns from what is read.

Because the same thing keeps happening over and over again in Thailand and not everyone reads EVERY post on TV like you and some others appear to do? :o

With your astounding 8.8+ posts per day ... you are obviously well on your way there ....

compared to my 2.4 posts per day ... and yes I am very active on the political forums to get my post count that high :-)

The whole thing is a load of <deleted>.

The OP made the original post on the basis of a potential GIRL FRIEND, who was a first year student.

and wanted to know the "goin' rate" for such a reltionship. We all responded on that basis.

It now turns out that he's married and is looking for a MIA NOI. A totally different set of circumstances and a totally different "goin' rate", I might venture to add.

If he's not a troll, he sure as heck sounds like one to me. :o

All good fun tho' :D

I agree Mobi ... (and I like seeing the patterns/answers and looking for the "rest of the story" to steal a phrase)

Reading ROFL's body of work online was quite revealing too!

Its untrue that "no money = no girlfriend"

Sadly this is often the case in Thailand but I think it has more to do with where farang are finding their girlfriends. I think most people make the mistake of falling in love with the first pretty girl they meet. Sometimes its best to hold out and find someone who loves you for who you are and not for how much finacial support you can give her.

LOL Misplaced ....

the guy's timelines don't add up ... he wasn't married in Sept last year ... but in May this year had been married over a year ....

But certainly a GF expects to probably get married ... particularly if she is in her hometown/province. A Mia Noi does not have this to look forward to ...so yes money IS an object there ... Since the OP started a thread about Mia Noi he should know the difference between a GF and a Mia Noi ... So the girl in question here is in a No win situation and loses face considerably! Not to mention if the age difference is radical and people know he is married ....

If this guy is indeed in thailand?? and married? ... well she doesn't have ANY social status at all and he's just looking for a REALLY cheap bedpartner ... less than 6k a month all-in ... now THAT is a sad reflection

Please explain to me the difference between a girlfriend and a Mia Noi and if you think 6000bht + apartment & motorcycle is not enough, what is your reccomended amount??

Thanks... when you have been aound more than 2 weeks you'll see a pattern of topics and questions and incongruencies that suggest a troll or wind-up ...

Shhhh...! Don't be giving away any of the secrets taught in Troll-Hunting 101. :o

Yes, we can blame them. They are nothing short of Con-women. Every time I hear this argument I think about an x of mine a long time ago who went to graduate school in the morning, worked as a Vet's assistant in the afternoon and a waitress at night to pay for her school and living expenses.

Theres NO excuse for it, the is "no hand" for not blaming the girls, sure they may have it harder than most, but Ive seen too many people dig their way out of a deep hole "honestly" to excuse a scam artist who wants to sit on their ass or lay on their backs to earn a living.

Get a job.

Con women they are and the place is populated with them. They are giving honest Thai women a bad reputation.

I took a leaf out of JD's book and had a look at some of the OP's posts.

Why bother with a 'Mia Noi' when you can't seem to handle one woman!?

My advice to you is to keep your money in your pocket and blow it down at your local fishbowl each month instead. At least you know what you're getting there.

Get a job.

Con women they are and the place is populated with them. They are giving honest Thai women a bad reputation.

Aaaaahhh... there we go, a23(etc.)

Troll-Hunting 101 Workshop

He has revealed the REAL reason the OP started this thread.... an opportunity to slag on Thai women... or at least the ones and his ilk know... :o

so it's deceitful at its conception in order to provoke an emotive response.... almost a

text-book definition of a "wind-up" .... and/or the dreaded T word.

Posts tend to be inconsistent and timelines become impossible.

Get a job.

He has revealed the REAL reason the OP started this thread.... an opportunity to slag on Thai women... or at least the ones and his ilk know... :o

so it's deceitful at its conception in order to provoke an emotive response.... almost a

Posts inconsistent and timelines impossible?? How so? My hats off to all you gents who have such wonderfull, loving and productive relationships with your local ladies. I guess I haven't turned over the right rock yet.

Get a job.

Posts inconsistent and timelines impossible?? How so? My hats off to all you gents who have such wonderfull, loving and productive relationships with your local ladies. I guess I haven't turned over the right rock yet.

My guess is that you live under a rock under a bridge

Since the early 90s I and now my wife and I have given direct sponsorship to two school students a year in Thailand - Each receives a single payment of Bht 2500 per year for uniforms and books + Bht500 a month for expenses.

Until last year we were sponsoring one of these students through universtity at the rate of Bht5000 a year single payment + Bht1000 a month.

This level of sponsorship clearly does not cover all their expenses, but it does keep them in school.

We've got a line of photos on our desk at home, kids with smiling faces glad of a chance. One of a young lady in her graduation gear framed between her very poor parents.

Bht5K a month could be spent a lot more wisely and with a lot more benefit to people who need help.

I guess I haven't turned over the right rock yet.

It's happy-face, sing-along, "T" time:

"a slaggin' we will go, a slaggin' we will go... hi ho the dairy-o, a slaggin' we will go..."

and now...

it's the wishing-you-all-the-best-and-the-likely-outcome-anyway time:

"may you never acquire the financial means to accomplish anything you desire..."

and finished off with the appropriate-disposition-to-this-dreadfully-woeful-thread time:

:o

LOL Misplaced ....

Please explain to me the difference between a girlfriend and a Mia Noi and if you think 6000bht + apartment & motorcycle is not enough, what is your reccomended amount??

I thought you said it's 5000 bht per month? :o

You better get your facts straight. May be you gave her 5000 bht and it suppose to be 6000 bht? Could be a reason why she left :D

LOL Misplaced ....

I thought you said it's 5000 bht per month? :o

You better get your facts straight. May be you gave her 5000 bht and it suppose to be 6000 bht? Could be a reason why she left :D

The 6k a month was the all in price ... including the CB's motorcycle payment ...

It doesn't matter he's a troll/wind-up ... i kinda doubt he's one of the 18% posting from Thailand :D Even his dates on being married don't match