Why are farang so unhappy about successful farang in Thailand?

Tmymaimee

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a way to start a thread and prevent anyone with more than 1000 posts from posting a reply? These are the jackasses that make genuine people get truly fed up and go elsewhere.

buy buy shut the door on your way out and please dont let it hit you on the ass,, you dont want you to go off on one again,,,

most of us are complete losers and really jealous of those amazing billionaires who discuss their incredible success on anonymous web chat forums in between their morning polo match and afternoon tea at the oriental

The tea has gone right off recently, I bring my own Tetleys.

SDM

Success is relative.

Relatively few self made successful farangs in Thailand.

Extremely difficult to be successful and be 100% legally clean.

I know a couple of blokes who have made it. Very hard work and good people.

I know one who took friends for hundreds of thousands of GBP.

Best way to be very successful in Thailand is to be paid by someone else to do it.

But then why the imbalance between successful farang here and in America, etc? Are there not the same opportunities here versus a western country for someone intelligent, smart and hardworking to become successful?

I remember an Indian reservation I used to fly into in northern Canada. A very successful and smart non-local Indian came back to visit his hometown after 20 years. As he walked the streets, the residents actually threw rocks at him and yelled at him to go back home. Angry and bitter.

I really get the feeling like its the same way here with so many farang. I just don't know why they're like that.

Are you joking?

How.many foreigners alone have lost successful businesses to their Thai partners. That alone is an enormous brake on success. America is a free market with 350mn consumers.

Thailand is a heavily restricted market with 5mn?? consumers as wealthy as the average american and the rest are below minimum wage by USA standards.

Wow, Whereustay is actually talking about something else besides getting laid. How refreshing.

As for the OP, I have no problem with anyone becoming successful in life. I applaud them. The problem is people tend to come on TV and lie about their success, as if to impress people and in essence, making their opinion about anything more credible. Or so they think. Unless it's somehow essential to the issue being discussed, why even bring up your personal wealth?

But why the assumption they are lying? Perhaps they are entirely truthful....you don't know unless you've met them. I'm not referring to personal wealth necessarily. If someone talks about a new Mercedes they bought and the topic was new cars, so therefore entirely relevant to the topic, why so many posters on TV would be negative towards him?

I only ask this because I'm on a sailboat forum for a bit now, and everyone seems to get along so well, are helpful and encouraging. Here it seems like its just so many, angry, bitter people when you talk about so many topics.

The assumption stems from jealousy. This forum is full of extremely envious and bitter men.

If you don't believe me, start another thread and tell everyone how your new girlfriend is upper class and Thai-Chinese. After that, sit back and watch as the creeps come crawling out of the woodwork.

If everyone on this forum were wealthy and married to Venezuelan supermodels, there would be no jealousy at all.

Truth is, of course, most forum members are married to middle-aged runts, ex whores or tattooed peasants. Another problem is that lots of men are stuck in ruts and coming to terms with the fact that they'll never reach the top of their profession.

its not quite full, i see there was still room for you to get in,,,,,

jake

Truth is, of course, most forum members are married to middle-aged runts, ex whores or tattooed peasants. Another problem is that lots of men are stuck in ruts and coming to terms with the fact that they'll never reach the top of their profession.

Have you met 'most forum members' ?

I reckon, over the years I've met 40 or 50 of the guys (and 2 ladies) here.

None fit your description.

Though I don't doubt that some indeed do.

There is quite a lot of good and successful guys out there.

• Like 1

Is there a way to start a thread and prevent anyone with more than 1000 posts from posting a reply? These are the jackasses that make genuine people get truly fed up and go elsewhere.

There you go again. Very naughty. Clearly nobody has had that talk with you yet, I suspect it's coming though.

Have you tried posting on YouTube? I suspect you have because your posting style seems familiar.....me thinks ;)

• Like 1

Wow, Whereustay is actually talking about something else besides getting laid. How refreshing.

As for the OP, I have no problem with anyone becoming successful in life. I applaud them. The problem is people tend to come on TV and lie about their success, as if to impress people and in essence, making their opinion about anything more credible. Or so they think. Unless it's somehow essential to the issue being discussed, why even bring up your personal wealth?

But why the assumption they are lying? Perhaps they are entirely truthful....you don't know unless you've met them. I'm not referring to personal wealth necessarily. If someone talks about a new Mercedes they bought and the topic was new cars, so therefore entirely relevant to the topic, why so many posters on TV would be negative towards him?

I only ask this because I'm on a sailboat forum for a bit now, and everyone seems to get along so well, are helpful and encouraging. Here it seems like its just so many, angry, bitter people when you talk about so many topics.

The assumption stems from jealousy. This forum is full of extremely envious and bitter men.

If you don't believe me, start another thread and tell everyone how your new girlfriend is upper class and Thai-Chinese. After that, sit back and watch as the creeps come crawling out of the woodwork.

If everyone on this forum were wealthy and married to Venezuelan supermodels, there would be no jealousy at all.

What a sad existence. Maybe that's why so many farang kill themselves in Thailand. Maybe sometimes they are not wrong to kill themselves as really, what other options do they have? Like that British guy on here with no friends or money returning to England. Would anyone care if he just jumped off a roof? Nope.

It's just jealousy, when they're on 30,000 baht a month most of which they use to pay their unattractive wife with 1 nose ring, 2 tattoos, 3 kids and an extra 20kg around her waist, they can't help but be resentful of anyone with any sort of financial liberty.

What a sad existence. Maybe that's why so many farang kill themselves in Thailand. Maybe sometimes they are not wrong to kill themselves as really, what other options do they have? Like that British guy on here with no friends or money returning to England. Would anyone care if he just jumped off a roof? Nope.

your no good mate,,

get back to your bridge

there you go, people fighting about why people are always fighting. sooooo predictable

some of its about having a bit of craic,, you want to try it sometimes,,lol

thumbs_2946.jpg

You have Irish roots?

'craic' ... sanok ... same but different.

It's just jealousy, when they're on 30,000 baht a month most of which they use to pay their unattractive wife with 1 nose ring, 2 tattoos, 3 kids and an extra 20kg around her waist, they can't help but be resentful of anyone with any sort of financial liberty.

a month,,,,lol,,,

more like a day,,

ive just turned a job down paying 30k a day,,,lol,,,

keep dreaming my freind you may make it one day,,, just like somew of us older ones,,,lol

jake

• Like 1

Why is it these posters with, what??? 23,000+ posts cannot even stay on topic and make a worthwhile contribution or shut their fuc*ing hole???????????????

YOUR at it again,,,,,tut tut,,,,

have you tried anger management???

pj ... you have more then 1,000 posts ... you aren't fit to comment ... fingerwagging-smiley-emoticon.gif

You traverse on the topside of the bridge.

Wonder what he's going to do when he gets to his 1000th post of wise words?

• Like 1