Chonburi Transportation Office Impose Restriction on Driver’s License

Rimmer

Chonburi Transportation Office Impose Restriction on Driver’s License

car554.jpg
PATTAYA – May 15, 2014, [PDN]: In compliance with the new policy issued by Department of Land Transport to intensify the driving curriculum and test, the Provincial Land Transport Office of Chonburi Banglamung Branch now accelerating its process to search for educational institutions in order to expand its training center.

Mr. Prasit Pongkasemponkul, Transportation Officials Experienced Level, revealed that due to recent accidents that have occurred as people were unaware of driving rules and regulations, the Department of Land Transport issued the policy to increase the number of training hours from 4 to 12 hours or so and will also put more restriction on the new driving curriculum and the test. The Department has also increased the channels for education centers around Bangkok to be the trainers effective from 1 June 2014 on wards.

The Provincial Land Transport Office of Chonburi Banglamung Branch Restricting on Driver’s License is preparing itself for this new policy by expanding the training centers in Pattaya-Bang Lamung area as well as finding the trainers for this new curriculum. Previously, there were many tourists applying for the driver’s License in Pattaya with the training and test being conducted in English
Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/pattaya-news/2014/05/15/chonburi-transportation-office-impose-restriction-on-drivers-license/

pdnews.jpg
-- Pattaya Daily News 2014-05-15

I insisted my ex take driving lessons before taking her test. We found a school in Naklua who suggested not bothering with lessons when, for 2500 baht, they would get the licence for her!!! She did the lessons, at my insistence, and was offered the same deal the day before her test.

So not sure this will have the wide ranging changes they want.

• Like 1

the Department of Land Transport issued the policy to increase the number of training hours from 4 to 12 hours or so and will also put more restriction on the new driving curriculum and the test.

Is it just me ? I don't understand whats written above it doesn't make sense.

When I got my 1 year temporary and then 5 year licence there was no training at all ! never even had to sit in the video room.

do they mean that the tests will now take 12 hours ??

" more restriction " what on earth could that mean ???

Previously, there were many tourists applying for the driver’s License in Pattaya with the training and test being conducted in English

version. However, this hasn’t proved to be very successful and the change in this new curriculum might be a problem as well as stated by Mr. Prasit.

Yes a lot of the questions and answers on their English version computerised theory test are badly worded and misleading

I think its a case of the " Big wig " has said the questions/answers are correct ( they aren't, dont make sense ) but no one can correct the "Big wig " in case they loose face.

So now it will only be in Thai ?? ( maybe Rusian with wrong interpretation no doubt ) but no English, that could well make it much harder to pass.

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

The BIB will be loving, it they allready have a feld day at the random stop a foriegner on a bike check points.

or hiding out at the no left turn on red lights ( they change the signs around every few months so no one knows if you can turn on red or not )

Edited by johng

“people were unaware of driving rules and regulations “

Took them long enough to realise this.rolleyes.gif

Even with the new standards they are nowhere near what if required in this day and age particularly with the inadequate infrastructure to cater for the number of new vehicles that are being added every month. They need out on the road driving tests in actual conditions.

Quote "people were unaware of driving rules and regulations" cheesy.gif This comment beggars belief.

High on the safety agenda should be Do Not Drink Alcohol And Drive / Do Not Take Drugs And Drive / Do Not Drive Using Excessive Speed

All pie in the sky really. All the Transportation Departments "Guff" will have absolutely no effect whatsoever.

Quote "people were unaware of driving rules and regulations" cheesy.gif This comment beggars belief.

High on the safety agenda should be Do Not Drink Alcohol And Drive / Do Not Take Drugs And Drive / Do Not Drive Using Excessive Speed

Yeah, but would Farangs take any notice ?

When I first applied for a license the woman behind the counter was shocked that my original license was in English.

Don't ALL countries use Thai was asked. whistling.gif

When I went to renew it I was using a walking stick,

The test is upstairs, no problem sir just smile for camera

You passed cheesy.gif

May be there should be an international driving standard.

If you are talking about the "document",

there is already the International Permit smile.png

If you are talking about the "driving" itself;

we should first teach countries like UK or Thailand

to drive on the right side of the street... rolleyes.gif

May be there should be an international driving standard.

If you are talking about the "document",

there is already the International Permit smile.png

If you are talking about the "driving" itself;

we should first teach countries like UK or Thailand

to drive on the right side of the street... rolleyes.gif

We (UK) have always driven on left and have one of the best road safety records, we were driving cars while many countries were still carving wheels out of stone for their carts.

We (UK) have always driven on left and have one of the best road safety records, we were driving cars while many countries were still carving wheels out of stone for their carts.

As far as I know Britain was the first country to make driving licences mandatory (for drivers), though the first licence was German (issued to Karl Benz).

• 3 years later...
On 5/15/2014 at 2:06 PM, Rimmer said:

Land Transport issued the policy to increase the number of training hours from 4 to 12 hours or so and will also put more restriction on the new driving curriculum and the test. The Department has also increased the channels for education centers around Bangkok to be the trainers effective from 1 June 2014 on wards.

They are missing telling you one important fact;  if you go to a licensed Thai driving school then you do not have to take the test to get your license

As if outsourcing the process is going to make the roads any safer or the drivers any more knowledgeable