14th May 2014 Successful 1 Year Non “O” Multi Entry Based on Marriage Savannakhet

Just returned from Savannakhet, Submitted Papers as previous posts and collected Non "O" Multiple Visa based on Marriage to a Thai next Day, trouble free and no problems, thanks for all the posts here that made this possible

Edit to follow Topic

Edited by pattayapip

Why "never again" for the drive? I've been on portions of the various roads in that region, nice to see some new country.

I especially like the Phonom Sarakham-Kabin Buri-Korat section of Hwy 304, rebuilt by the 809th & 528th Engineer Bns of the U.S. Army, and associated sub units, starting in 1963. The "Bangkok Bypass Road".

Mac

• Like 1

Plus the Sat Nav wanted to take me her own way which was crappy, Via Bangkok and not the more Eastern Route

Its just a long Laborious drive which was not really that much fun, I chose to drive late at night to avoid traffic, big mistake as all the drunks were out plus of course all the vehicles etc without lights, not to mention the Trucks who just would not pull over, Guess I could have timed it to be during the day, but really just will not ever consider the option again, will fly to Savannakhet from Bangkok, My timings were to coincide with the Embassy openings and drive back right after collection, the best option would be to stay 4 nights if you are going to drive, my comment was based on my own experiences the other night smile.png

Why "never again" for the drive? I've been on portions of the various roads in that region, nice to see some new country.

I especially like the Phonom Sarakham-Kabin Buri-Korat section of Hwy 304, rebuilt by the 809th & 528th Engineer Bns of the U.S. Army, and associated sub units, starting in 1963. The "Bangkok Bypass Road".

Mac

Edited by pattayapip

I also picked up my non imm o multi good for another year

Oops sorry, wife's driving on the way home now from savannakhet to Suphan,,, touchscreen too sensitive,, either that or her driving is too erratic,,, anyway, as above same requirements as previous,, as a side note,, it's still the old consulate in use, wife spoke to the thai builders who are still completing the finishing touches to the new consulate, they said most likely another 3 to 4 weeks before it's open for business

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app Edited by ubonjoe
fixed broken quote

Plus the Sat Nav wanted to take me her own way which was crappy, Via Bangkok and not the more Eastern Route

Its just a long Laborious drive which was not really that much fun, I chose to drive late at night to avoid traffic, big mistake as all the drunks were out plus of course all the vehicles etc without lights, not to mention the Trucks who just would not pull over, Guess I could have timed it to be during the day, but really just will not ever consider the option again, will fly to Savannakhet from Bangkok, My timings were to coincide with the Embassy openings and drive back right after collection, the best option would be to stay 4 nights if you are going to drive, my comment was based on my own experiences the other night smile.png

Mac

Look on the bright side: you will not have to do that again for almost 15 months.

• Like 1

Just returned from Savannakhet, Submitted Papers as previous posts and collected Non "O" Multiple Visa based on Marriage to a Thai next Day, trouble free and no problems, thanks for all the posts here that made this possible

Edit to follow Topic

Well done mate

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just out of interest, what documentation did they insist on seeing?

He said the standard ones.

That is normally just the marriage certificate (original to show if asked) plus copies, signed and dated copies of the wife's house book and ID card.

I went to Vietianne, Laos in early May to get a tourist visa. My passport is British, and I already had a triple entry tourist visa that I got in London, back in early November, 2013. I entered Thailand from England in November.
Anyway, in Vietianne, I asked for double entry tourist visa, the man at the embassy flicked through my passport, noticed all the previous tourist visas, from London and Vietianne, and did actually ask me why I was staying in Thailand for such a long time ! He asked if I had a bank account, I happened to have my bank book on me, and he asked me to go upstairs and photo-copy it, which I did. As I walked away, I noticed he had given me a ticket for SINGLE tourist visa ! I didn't bother to go back to the desk to ask for double, it was pretty busy !

Right, I want to ask, does anyone know if it is it still 'easy' to get a tourist visa in Savannakhet ? Can you get a double entry there ? I'm getting scared, that they might reject me for a tourist visa in Vientianne in the future !

I went to Vietianne, Laos in early May to get a tourist visa. My passport is British, and I already had a triple entry tourist visa that I got in London, back in early November, 2013. I entered Thailand from England in November.

Anyway, in Vietianne, I asked for double entry tourist visa, the man at the embassy flicked through my passport, noticed all the previous tourist visas, from London and Vietianne, and did actually ask me why I was staying in Thailand for such a long time ! He asked if I had a bank account, I happened to have my bank book on me, and he asked me to go upstairs and photo-copy it, which I did. As I walked away, I noticed he had given me a ticket for SINGLE tourist visa ! I didn't bother to go back to the desk to ask for double, it was pretty busy !

Right, I want to ask, does anyone know if it is it still 'easy' to get a tourist visa in Savannakhet ? Can you get a double entry there ? I'm getting scared, that they might reject me for a tourist visa in Vientianne in the future !

By the way, the balance on my bank book was only about six thousand baht ! :)

You can get a 2 entry in Savannakhet. They may ask for a copy of your bank book like Vientiane.

The amount you have in the bank on the date you apply it is not that important it is how much you had coming from outside the country previously.

Thanks, Ubonjoe !

See, all this talk about "oh, they've cracked down on the VOA, it's not a problem, all you do is go to Laos and get a tourist visa". Well, we have to bear in mind that it's always been the case that you can't constantly, forever, get the tourist visas in Vietianne, Laos. !

Mac

Has it been improved or even resurfaced in the past 51 years?