Double entry tourist visa in Vientienne ?

Hi guys,

I talked to a friend of mine, who just got back from vientienne/lao, and they told him they now only give single entry visa, unless you could show thai bankbook..

I dont understand what the bank book have to do with anything, but maybe something about being here for a while or something..

Anyway.. Did anyone get douuble entry in lao recently ?

And if you did,or did not get, please write what happened, so others can get updated information.

Thanks.

It is to prove you have funds to live on coming from outside of Thailand to prove you are not working here. It can be a bank statement from outside the country that shows ATM withdrawals here. They would probably accept any proof of funds coming in.

This has been asked for before but normally for the 2nd or 3rd visa,

True, I did a double entry visa 2 weeks ago in Vientiane. It was my 3rd one and it was written on the visa that I must show a residence certificate and also proof of financial standing on the next visit or....no visa will be given.

Time to get off my backside and either a. Go for a ED Visa or

b. Apply for a retirement visa..... but I just don't feel like retiring, the mind is still alert although the body wants to slow down!!!

I applied for a double entry tourist visa in vientiane on monday and got it back yesterday. No problems at all, I also didn´t provide anything else than the application form. I had a single-entry tourist visa before, issued from the thai embassy in Vienna, Austria and extended at chiang mai immigration.

the consular section was pretty busy but i thought the whole process was pretty straight-forward and well organized. all the other people I have met there didnt seem to have any problems either....

That's good to hear. Ive found the staff at the Consulate to be very good. ..and doing a job that would bug the hell out of me. I take my hat off to them.

Sent from my GT-I8552B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That's good to hear. Ive found the staff at the Consulate to be very good. ..and doing a job that would bug the hell out of me. I take my hat off to them.

Your kind remarks will be most welcome and passed on , thankyou.

I absolutely agree with you. I have nothing but praises for the Immigration staff. I had my huge share of dealing with them and have only been treated with total respect, a smile and I find them very professional. Lots of bitching about Immigration but it'd be great to have the people complaining spending a day doing that job.

Jst got my visa yesterday, and can say, i got a double entry tourist visa without anyone asking anything..

Maybe because i have not been to lao in a while..

But, i guess we all have to start being a little more carefull in our visa planing..

True, I did a double entry visa 2 weeks ago in Vientiane. It was my 3rd one and it was written on the visa that I must show a residence certificate and also proof of financial standing on the next visit or....no visa will be given.

Time to get off my backside and either a. Go for a ED Visa or

b. Apply for a retirement visa..... but I just don't feel like retiring, the mind is still alert although the body wants to slow down!!!

Do they ask residence certificate for address in Thailand for tourist visa? I can get one from Jomtien immigration if that is needed.

I am still considering going to Savannakhet instead, some types of double entry visas are easier to get there but double entryt tourist visas should be same process in Vientiane as in Savannakhet?

Just came back a couple days ago from Vientiane. I was there on Tuesday and it wasn't busy at all. Got at the Consulate right before it opened and got a number in the 80's when there wasn't that many people around. They seemed to just give random numbers to everyone, regardless on who arrived first.

I was all done before 09H30. Super smooth Visa Run! Got a Double Entry, no fuss at all.

22nd/23rd May 2014 - Double Entry Tourist Visa applications at Vientienne

Case 1 - Passport bursting with visa-exempt stamps to the extent that there was barely enough paper left for the new Laos and Thai visas and exit stamps. Way more than 3 visa-exempt stamps: dozens of them. No previous Tourist Visas. Double Entry Tourist Visa approved!

Case 2 - Passport with numerous visa-exempt stamps (at least 3, probably half a dozen) plus containing three old, used Tourist Visas. Double Entry Tourist Visa approved!

However, a slip of paper placed inside passport printed in both Thai and English as well as some kind of stamp/handwritten note directly onto one of the pages (sorry, I forget exactly), the gist of which was that proof of income and details of accommodation would be required for any future applications.

Edited by Squeegee

22nd/23rd May 2014 - Double Entry Tourist Visa applications at Vientienne

Case 1 - Passport bursting with visa-exempt stamps to the extent that there was barely enough paper left for the new Laos and Thai visas and exit stamps. Way more than 3 visa-exempt stamps: dozens of them. No previous Tourist Visas. Double Entry Tourist Visa approved!

Case 2 - Passport with numerous visa-exempt stamps (at least 3, probably half a dozen) plus containing three old, used Tourist Visas. Double Entry Tourist Visa approved!

However, a slip of paper placed inside passport printed in both Thai and English as well as some kind of stamp/handwritten note directly onto one of the pages (sorry, I forget exactly), the gist of which was that proof of income and details of accommodation would be required for any future applications.

Do they like to see cash in thai consulate in Vientiane when leaving the visa form in person? I will print bank statements of thai and foreign accounts anyway and give them also. That should clear the financial proof requirement.

Details of accommodation? Is address of rented apartment enough? I believe hotel reservation would work well but I dont need hotel.

When I apply I want to do it so that they dont write or stamp anything on my passport.

Copies of a Thai bank book showing fund transfers into it or a foreign bank statement showing ATM withdrawals would be accepted. The want proof that your money comes from outside the country as proof you are not working here.

Any proof of where you are staying here would be accepted. It is to prove the address you put on the application is real.

Copies of a Thai bank book showing fund transfers into it or a foreign bank statement showing ATM withdrawals would be accepted. The want proof that your money comes from outside the country as proof you are not working here.

Any proof of where you are staying here would be accepted. It is to prove the address you put on the application is real.

I can show bank accounts with good balance ( some millions baht ) but not any incoming bank transfers into thai account. All I have deposited as cash. I wihtdrew money from my chinese bank account with debit card in ATM here and deposited those on my thai account. Actually that looks bad if they look into those old transfer details. Thai baht cash coming in regularly into my thai account.

There was no fees in thai ATM and neither in my chinese bank and exchange rate was good. That is why I used ATM wihtdrawals to take my money from my chinese bank account to thai account. 50 000baht max per day. Bank transfer out of China from RMB account is almost impossible and there is costs when doing that. But China allows withdrawing max 10 000RMB = 50 000THB per day with cards in ATMs. That was some years ago and I can not get bank statements from that chinese bank and anyway most official statements are in chinese.

What I can show is withdrawals from my thai bank account. I can show that I use that for living expenses. I can also show money in Hong Kong account but no transfers. Also one account in my home country but no transfers.

I can print visa card payment statements in anycase.

I have operated according to Chinese law and according to Thai law but that makes my bank statements look so weird that average Thai consulate officer will be suspicious. In any case I can show good amount of money in several bank accounts I hope that makes them believe I am not working in Thailand illegally.

I can show bank accounts with good balance ( some millions baht ) but not any incoming bank transfers into thai account. All I have deposited as cash. I wihtdrew money from my chinese bank account with debit card in ATM here and deposited those on my thai account. Actually that looks bad if they look into those old transfer details. Thai baht cash coming in regularly into my thai account.

There was no fees in thai ATM and neither in my chinese bank and exchange rate was good. That is why I used ATM wihtdrawals to take my money from my chinese bank account to thai account. 50 000baht max per day. Bank transfer out of China from RMB account is almost impossible and there is costs when doing that. But China allows withdrawing max 10 000RMB = 50 000THB per day with cards in ATMs. That was some years ago and I can not get bank statements from that chinese bank and anyway most official statements are in chinese.

What I can show is withdrawals from my thai bank account. I can show that I use that for living expenses. I can also show money in Hong Kong account but no transfers. Also one account in my home country but no transfers.

I can print visa card payment statements in anycase.

I have operated according to Chinese law and according to Thai law but that makes my bank statements look so weird that average Thai consulate officer will be suspicious. In any case I can show good amount of money in several bank accounts I hope that makes them believe I am not working in Thailand illegally.

I have lived and worked in China too and therefore have a Chinese bank account. It is possible to wire money abroad, including to Thailand. However, you must do so in a foreign currency (for example, THB, AUD, EUR, USD etc.) and only USD500 per day can be converted so if you want to send USD2000 over to Thailand, you would need to visit your bank branch 4 days in a row and only on the 4th day would the actual transfer be carried out. That's the system there. Bank of China charges a transfer fee of 200 RMB, which is a bit more than what Australian and most European banks charge for the same thing, but it's still not too bad.