fyi: 1 year Non Immigrant O Visa with multiple entry

For your information.

Just came back from the Thai Consulate in Amsterdam and received my 1 year Non Immigrant O Visa with multiple entry.

I just turned 50 a few months back.

I have been reading so many posts on TV about this and all was quite confusing. This is what I did:

1. Opened a Kasikorn Thai Bank account on a 30 day visa-exempt entry (no hassle) last January

2. Transferred 800,000 THB to this account in January this year

3. Received in April a Kasikorn statement in Thai which proofed the 800,000 Baht amount (English version is preferred)

4. Went to Consulate with the following:

• Passport and copy passport
  • Copy ticket to Bangkok (one-way)
  • Copy bank-book which showed the 3-month old statement of the transfer
  • 140 Euro
  • 2 passport photos
  • Kasikorn bank statement

Only issue was the Thai letter because the farang officer was not able to read Thai but this turned out to be no problem.

5. 2 days later I picked up my Visa and I am done for the rest of the year.

Hope this helps other Visa hunters.

Important is that no other documents are needed like: medical statement, police report, etc.

• Like 1

Is it a non O or a non OA (retirement)? If it is the 1st you still have to make a visarun every 90 days ...

edit: May i ask, are you Dutch?

"non O" only, so yes, I need to leave every 90 days but most likely I'll leave every 6 weeks anyway and yes, Dutch all the way clap2.gif

OP, do you know if the consulate accepts alternatives, such as

- money in European bank

-European income

Did the consulate actually suggest 800.000 in a Thai bank, or was that YOUR initiative, and they approved of it?

Thanks.

They actually requested 20K Euro in a (local) bank account and/or salary evidence over the last 3 months.

This is from London embassy website.

Non-Immigrant Type O

• Birth Certificate (applicant's child)
  • Certificate of Marriage or its equivalents (if married to Thai national)
  • a copy of marriage certificate and passport or Thai ID of spouse and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 anuually.)
  • An official recommendation letter from organization perform voluntary job in Thailand (for volunteer job)
  • Pension statement if the applicant is a pension earner.

Non-Immigrant Type O-A

• Proof of income with a minimum of £1,400.00 per month or £1,400.00 or £16,500 anuually for those who have been issue category O with multiple entries
  • Medical Record
  • Criminal Record check

And this was 2013.

Category “O”
--------------------------
1) Married to a Thai national.
Evidence required:
a) If married in Thailand:
Copies of Original Thai Marriage Certificate and Thai ID Card or Thai Passport.
B) If married in UK:
Copies of Original UK Marriage Certificate and Thai ID Card or Thai Passport.
Either a single or multiple entry visa can be granted in these circumstances.
or
2) Visiting Thai child living in Thailand.
Evidence required
a) Birth Certificate of child showing relationship.
B) Proof of having Legal Custody of the child. Please note that this document can be in Thai language if submitted to either the Royal Thai Consulate at Hull or the Royal Thai Embassy.
Please note that a child ceases to be regarded as a child for these purposes when attaining 20 years of age.
or
3) Visiting non Thai family working and/or living in Thailand.
Evidence required:
a) Birth/Marriage Certificate to show relationship and date of birth – applicant must not be older than 20 years.
B) Letter from relative in Thailand confirming they are in Thailand together with copy of page in their passport showing valid entry visa or a copy of their valid work permit..
Either a single or multiple entry visa can be granted to applicant aged up to 20 years in these circumstances. If applicant is aged 21 or over then they can be granted only a Tourist Visa with 1, 2 or 3 entries.
or
4) Volunteer Work with NGO or Charity Organisation (not with Private Organisations).
Evidence required:
a) Sponsor Letter from volunteer/charity organisation which must be registered in Thailand.
Only a single entry visa can be granted in these circumstances. Applicant will need to rrange Extension of Stay as necessary. Please check with volunteer/charity organisation for what extra documentation may be required by Thai Immigration to extend stay.
or
5) Visiting Thailand as Pensioner aged 65 and over.
Evidence required:
a) Bank Statement or Pension Statement showing receipt of State and/or Private Pension.
or
6) Visiting Thailand as Retired Person aged between 50 and 64 years
Evidence required:
a) Copy of Bank Statement showing income of minimum £1200 per month or lumpsum of minimum £20,000
Abb 15.04.13
3/

They actually requested 20K Euro in a (local) bank account and/or salary evidence over the last 3 months.

Confuses me.

Just checked back with the up-to-date requirements in Germany.

20k would be the requirement for the Non O-A.

No need to transfer money to Thailand.

No need to leave the country after 90 days.

But: additionally you are required to supply a medical certificate and a police (criminal) record, which you don't mention.

It all sounds a bit like "overkill".

You are sure, that you didn't "accidentally" get a Non O-A?

CATEGORY

O-A

From the website:

NON-IMMIGRANT-O VISA M: (90-Tage-Aufenthalt pro Einreise, Gültigkeit 1 Jahr, mehrfache Einreise)

Kopie des Rentenbescheids mit mntl. Betrag von mind. 1200,- Euro

falls dieser Betrag nicht erfüllt wird, weitere Vermögensnachweise von mind. 4.000,- Euro (Kontoauszüge der letzten 3 Monate)

NON-IMMIGRANT-O VISA A

3 Kopien des Rentenbescheids mit einem monatlichen Betrag von mind. 1.500,- Euro (65.000,- Baht)

falls dieser Betrag nicht erfüllt wird, weitere Vermögensnachweise von mind. 20.000,- Euro (800.000,- Baht)

Edited by KhunBENQ

So something went wrong here.

No need to transfer any money to Thailand for a regular Non-O.

Now the poster has a multiple Non-O AND qualifies for a one year extension in Thailand.

Thats what I mean with overkill.

The consulate in Amsterdam is an honorary one. They do not do OA visas.

Just checked their website and they actually seem to require 20000 Euro in savings for an ordinary Non O.

Guess one has to avoid them for this purpose.

The Den Haag website is about the most confusing Thai embassy website ever seen.

Full of outdated useless information like "go to Soi Suan Plu".

A very hard task to extract the relevant information.

At least they seem to describe the Non O-A with 800'000 Baht (!) under "Long Stay".

http://www.royalthaiembassy.nl/site/pages/visaservices/doing_business-study-other.html

Edited by KhunBENQ

It looks like that the OP has no income (600 euro/month is enough for non-O) and that all his money is in a Thai bank otherwise i cannot explain why the OP went this long way ...

Correct! The last time I received a salary was 14 years ago.

Eventually all roads lead to Rome Bangkok and this is just one way of getting there.

The money is needed in Thailand anyway so that's why I chose this road.

The 800K is eventually needed (for me) to get my OA.

It looks like that the OP has no income (600 euro/month is enough for non-O) and that all his money is in a Thai bank otherwise i cannot explain why the OP went this long way ...

Correct! The last time I received a salary was 14 years ago.

Eventually all roads lead to Rome Bangkok and this is just one way of getting there.

The money is needed in Thailand anyway so that's why I chose this road.

The 800K is eventually needed (for me) to get my OA.

You will not get an OA visa here if that is what you mean. You will get an extension of stay based upon retirement.

You could of gotten a single entry visa and done the extension during the last 30 days of your 90 day entry.

• 3 months later...

I have a non o multiple entry marriage Visa I have done my last trip on it but want to know if it is possible to go to immigration to extension for a 60 days my last day on present visa would be the 6th of November, the visa expired on the 6th of September.I did my last visa run last month. I would like to make an extension i possible or will I have to go to renew my visa altogether.

Look forward to getting reply yours faithfully Keith proctor

If Ubonjoe could help as know you are very knowledgeable thank you

For your information.

Just came back from the Thai Consulate in Amsterdam and received my 1 year Non Immigrant O Visa with multiple entry.

• 140 Euro

• 140 Euro = 5,850 Bt.

If you had done a visa exempt entry conversion and extension of stay, you would have spent Bt 3,900 but more importantly, you would have been able to stay in country for one year, not doing any border hop.

I have a non o multiple entry marriage Visa I have done my last trip on it but want to know if it is possible to go to immigration to extension for a 60 days my last day on present visa would be the 6th of November, the visa expired on the 6th of September.I did my last visa run last month. I would like to make an extension i possible or will I have to go to renew my visa altogether.

Look forward to getting reply yours faithfully Keith proctor

If Ubonjoe could help as know you are very knowledgeable thank you

You can get the 60 day extension to visit your wife without a problem.

Then go out for another visa.