Acting PM to meet Senate tomorrow

Lite Beer

" In another related development, Pheu Thai Party deputy spokesperson Ansuron Iamsa-ard warned the Election Commission that its commissioners could end up in prison if they failed to earnestly hold an election. "

The perfect complement to Pheu Thai tactics - threaten a constitutionally empowered institution with prison ! Also a perfect complement to Pheu Thai tactics - say that something that is already in the constitution is illegal. Up is down. Down is up. Welcome to Pheu Thai. The Pheu Thai administration has been reduced to 26 people. This whole administration is being propped up by 26 self-serving people - people without a parliament, without legislative authority, and without any public mandate since March 5, when the 30 days expired for the convening of parliament. Who are these 26 men for which Pheu Thai is struggling so hard against the tides of reason ? They included Nattawut " Burn them, burn them all " Saikua and Charupong - the man who endorsed a UDD platform that included secession. These are the illustrious champions of decency that Pheu Thai supporters are so honoured to cheer. They are the remaining vanguards of Thaksin's vanishing illusion.

• Like 2

I think to be quite honest, that you will find the people on here who "support" Suthep do so partially.

Speaking for myself I think the Thaksin network in Thailand needs to be dismantled. It's not the only network (police for example) that needs this and it's not the only family network (Chitchop, Thaugsuban) either but until these clans are taken apart then Thailand will not move forward.

Using street protests has had some results that have been positive but Thailand must get back on the democratic path and in order to do that it needs to make some powerful legislative changes that probably neither side would like.

If there are some good men and women out there that are untainted by corruption and uncoloured politically that can ignore intimidation and equally decline bribes and can work on the changes in law required to stamp out corruption, nepotism, cronyism through harsh and swift punishment then I'm all for it.

If there are similarvgood people that can take the police force apart and rebuild it with law abiding, law respecting, law enforcement officers that do their job to the best with no political alignment then it should be done.

The people themselves need a lot of education on what democracy means in terms of allowing all parties to canvass their ideology without harassment or intimidation and to understand that if the laws are applied properly the reds and yellows are not required.

Education should be taken away from the government for a decade or two and run by academics. The current levels of education are a disgrace to a nation that should have a major role to play in the region.

Agriculture is another area that needs to be removed from government and managed in a way that takes out of the dark ages and moves it to the leading edge possibly by hiring all farming staff on a salary to ensure income for their families.

Just some thoughts

Good post.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It should be acting PM will meet with acting Senate.

It cannot be the acting PM meeting the acting Senate as the senate is illegal, you need a lower House of Parliament to make them legal.

Wrong!

In all the years reading TVF and Bkk Post I have never seen anything like the recent plethora of new posters writing factually incorrect pro Thaksin postings. Not only factually incorrect, but utter nonsense. I am also not a believer in coincidence.

You wrote 'factually incorrect'. Other words / phrases could be: dishonest, deliberately misleading.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

It cannot be the acting PM meeting the acting Senate as the senate is illegal, you need a lower House of Parliament to make them legal.

Wrong!

In all the years reading TVF and Bkk Post I have never seen anything like the recent plethora of new posters writing factually incorrect pro Thaksin postings. Not only factually incorrect, but utter nonsense. I am also not a believer in coincidence.

I agree, seems like Suthep has a lot of support here. You could be part of the reason.

I think to be quite honest, that you will find the people on here who "support" Suthep do so partially.

Speaking for myself I think the Thaksin network in Thailand needs to be dismantled. It's not the only network (police for example) that needs this and it's not the only family network (Chitchop, Thaugsuban) either but until these clans are taken apart then Thailand will not move forward.

Using street protests has had some results that have been positive but Thailand must get back on the democratic path and in order to do that it needs to make some powerful legislative changes that probably neither side would like.

If there are some good men and women out there that are untainted by corruption and uncoloured politically that can ignore intimidation and equally decline bribes and can work on the changes in law required to stamp out corruption, nepotism, cronyism through harsh and swift punishment then I'm all for it.

If there are similarvgood people that can take the police force apart and rebuild it with law abiding, law respecting, law enforcement officers that do their job to the best with no political alignment then it should be done.

The people themselves need a lot of education on what democracy means in terms of allowing all parties to canvass their ideology without harassment or intimidation and to understand that if the laws are applied properly the reds and yellows are not required.

Education should be taken away from the government for a decade or two and run by academics. The current levels of education are a disgrace to a nation that should have a major role to play in the region.

Agriculture is another area that needs to be removed from government and managed in a way that takes out of the dark ages and moves it to the leading edge possibly by hiring all farming staff on a salary to ensure income for their families.

Just some thoughts

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

" Education should be taken away from the government for a decade or two and run by academics. The current levels of education are a disgrace to a nation that should have a major role to play in the region."

Unfortunately the academics are often the problem .. at least the academics in the Education

Ministry .. the test writers etc.

There seems to be no will to have a proper integrated curriculum with the same books etc.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why do they keep calling this man acting PM? Is he not caretaker PM? Does he have less power than the last caretaker PM? I cant see why an can only think the press is biased and do not want to show the people he is in charge and is merely pretending to do the job as caretaker PM

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yingluck was pretending to be the PM!!!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wrong!

I agree, seems like Suthep has a lot of support here. You could be part of the reason.

Just some thoughts

" Education should be taken away from the government for a decade or two and run by academics. The current levels of education are a disgrace to a nation that should have a major role to play in the region."

Unfortunately the academics are often the problem .. at least the academics in the Education

There seems to be no will to have a proper integrated curriculum with the same books etc.

Obviously enormous education changes are urgently needed.

I have Thai family members in education, all fully qualified and one has the experience of attending high school in Singapore, therefore immersed as a student in student centered teaching and learning. The person involved is well convinced that student centered teaching produces much better results and is keen to implement it here.

All of these relatives have witnessed: teachers, school admin., and ministerial staff being severe rock solid road blocks to even small changes.

All governments over many decades share responsibility for the current situation.

There seemed to be signs that he current minister was knowledgeable about this matter and he did mention change. Nothing has happened and I wonder whether he's now experiencing the severe roadblocks.

So what could be the catalyst to start real change?

Open question...

• Like 1

Wrong!

Just some thoughts

Obviously enormous education changes are urgently needed.

I have Thai family members in education, all fully qualified and one has the experience of attending high school in Singapore, therefore immersed as a student in student centered teaching and learning. The person involved is well convinced that student centered teaching produces much better results and is keen to implement it here.

All of these relatives have witnessed: teachers, school admin., and ministerial staff being severe rock solid road blocks to even small changes.

All governments over many decades share responsibility for the current situation.

There seemed to be signs that he current minister was knowledgeable about this matter and he did mention change. Nothing has happened and I wonder whether he's now experiencing the severe roadblocks.

So what could be the catalyst to start real change?

Open question...

Unfortunately education minister Chaturon is rather too busy with red shirt affairs to spend much time on his supposed job. It's a pity because, as you say, there are so many entrenched people resistant to change that it needs a very strong leader to implement any changes.

From memory, Thaksin appointed a real educator when he was running the country (c2004/5) but the guy only lasted about 6 months as he had no real backing from above (he wasn't a lackey) and below.

the ec could end up in prison..what a great way to get people on board..hardly the hub of diplomacy ..wai.gif

remember that Surapong was (and is still insisting that he still is) head of the diplomats. He showed quite conclusively that he had never heard the word before, let alone understand it and be able to practice it. So it's silly to expect the PTP to be diplomatic.

"In all the years reading TVF and Bkk Post I have never seen anything like the recent plethora of new posters writing factually incorrect pro Thaksin postings."

Wrong!

If you are uncomfortable with the content of TVF you have the option to abstain, no one makes you sign in to Thai Visa........... Or do they?

True - and he's also got the option to comment on it too. Which he has chosen to do very shrewdly.

Wrong!

Just to make you feel better, I am a long-standing ThaiVisa member and here is a pro-Thaksin post. I think he was the best PM this country ever had, with the exception of Pridi, of course. Not that Thaksin was perfect, and certainly not selfless, it's just that he helped the Isaan people and poor people of Thailand so much.

Are you implying that we are being paid to post? Then, where is my money?

Wrong!

Just to make you feel better, I am a long-standing ThaiVisa member and here is a pro-Thaksin post. I think he was the best PM this country ever had, with the exception of Pridi, of course. Not that Thaksin was perfect, and certainly not selfless, it's just that he helped the Isaan people and poor people of Thailand so much.

Are you implying that we are being paid to post? Then, where is my money?

Can you quantify the help for the Issan people and poor people?

In his first term he did indeed bring in some reasonable policies.

Most had been organized by others previously but not implemented because Thailand wasn't ready. Example 30b health care.

But I also contend that many policies were intended to indebt the people to him. Making them reliant on hand outs. Example. Rice pledging and village fund.