Aust Tourist VISA application- What documents to get certified?

Hi All,

Heading to BKK today to do some stuff including lodging a tourist visa application for the husband. Just wondering which documents people got certified copies of?

Australian Immigration says all copies should be certified.

Austrlian Embassy BKK says passport copy should be certified.

VFS makes no mention of having to get anything certified, just says copies!!

I am taking all the originals with us just in case, but thought it would be easier to get it done at home, where we know were to get documents certified, rather than running around Bangkok trying to find somewhere, when we have limited time and many things to do!

We are also attaching ALOT of evidence etc, so getting it all certified would cost an arm and a leg!

Please Help!

Why not just get as much as possible certified?, logically speaking.

No need to certify photos of course.

When you say ALOT of evidence, how much is ALOT?...you just need enough.

Well at 700THB a page to certify... It seems a costly way of doing it..

Currently we have document wise:

- Passport Details Page x2 pages

- Thai ID x1 page

- Home Registration x1 page

- Bank Passbook His x4 Pages

- Bank Passbook mine x4 Pages

- Letter from Employer x2 pages

- Pay slip mine x1 page

- Pay slip his x1 page

- Letter of invitation x2 pages

That's upwards of 10,000 THB.. and I earn a Thai wage!

I think I'll do passport, ID and home registration... and hope that is enough..

V.F.S. bangkok will certify all of your documents, if you are lodging the application there.

No need to pay 700bt a page for certification.

just take your original docs with u when u lodge and pay for the application.

http://www.vfs-au.net/visitor.html....copy and paste this link to your search there is a check list there.

Edited by nightwatch
  • Like 1

V.F.S. bangkok will certify all of your documents, if you are lodging the application there.

No need to pay 700bt a page for certification.

just take your original docs with u when u lodge and pay for the application.

http://www.vfs-au.net/visitor.html....copy and paste this link to your search there is a check list there.

Thats right,just take everything with you to vfs (originals and copies)and they certify everything

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I went to the VFS Trendy building this morning at 10AM with my TGF to lodge her 1419 Tourist Visa application. There was a fairly long queue of applicants, but Australians have their own counter and I was the first one in line. The young lady from VFS checked the copies of the visa application and had a look at some of the originals documents. There was no translation or certification required for my woman's Thai documents and no certification required for the documents I provided as her sponsor. I then paid the 4050 THB Visa fee, the 600 THB service fee and the 60 THB SMS, Email fee, 4710 THB all up.

The VFS lady returned our passports, but kept our original Kasikorn Thai bank books, which will be returned with the Visa notification letter after approxilately 10 working days.

The VFS office in the Trendy building is easy to find and to get to. Get off the BTS sky train at Nana, exit at Gate three and than walk to Soi 13 Sukhumvit, a 5 minute walk. The Trendy building is about a hundred metres down the Soi on the right side. VFS is on the 28th floor, the top floor.

If you want to documents translated from Thai to English, if you intend to apply for a partner visa in the future, there is a translation office on the Ground Floor on the left side as you walk into the building.

Professional Visa and Translation Services Co. Ltd

Phatdararat Prachyalertsiri. Managing Director Mobile: 081 7051 1401. The translation office looks very professional and there are 4 staff members. It takes about 2 days to get documents translated. I left copies of 7 Thai language documents with them and paid 1750 THB. 2 more complex two-sided documents cost THB 500 each. Five other documents, wife's birth certificate, change of name, marriage, divorce document and Tabien Baan cost THB 150 each.

There prices are very reasonable compared to what other translation services are qouting