Quick question on Re-entry permits

We are leaving to travel to Europe for 3 weeks and my daughter needs a re-entry permit. (She is currently on a 1 year ED extension. )

Does she have to apply in person or can i do it on her behalf?

I really dont want to have to take her out of school for another day if i dont have to, but obviously if it comes to it I wll.

Actually while im here... When we return am i right in thinking that her 90 day report will be recalculated from the day we enter Thailand again?

Many thanks

Edited by Hillywilly

For a child they would probably let you do it. But that could depend on their age.

Leaving the country ends the 90 day report count. The next one will be due 90 days from when they enter the country.

Thanks for all of your replies.

She's only 9 and the office is chiang mai. I guess I just take my chances and go this week with all the paperwork ready, at least then if she does have to come I can take her next week sometime.

Thanks again

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update on what happened.

Went to Chiang Mai immigration and was told that they were extremely sorry but they are no longer able to accept applications for another person ( no matter what age). I kind of expected that.

Went back today at 1pm with my daughter, . super staff, lots of laughing and joking around with my small person. I had not copied one page of her passport that was needed so the officer told me just to go do it and come straight back. When I returned there was a rather frosty lady at the desk who told me I had to take a new number and wait again, but the original officer appeared at that point and told her to ' be nice or go away, these are my people'! Took the page and 20 minutes later we were out the door. done and dusted in 45 minutes. Didn't even have time to finish my coffee!

Thanks again for the advice and information.