What Advice Would You Give To Someone Starting Out?

I've just graduated from uni in psychology and been travelling, worked in thailand as a teacher for a bit which i really enjoyed and ultimately want to go back there to settle down one day.

I dont want to be working out there for less than 100k baht p/m though so thought rather than doing EFL teaching as i was, i would get qualified as a teacher back here in the uk and go over a few years later to work at an international school.

However, is there anything else you think someone who's just starting out should consider out there workwise for that kind of money? i'm only 22 so working over here with a view to someday getting a relocation package is an option.

Four bits of advice I'd give any 22 year old.

1. Start a Pension Plan

2. Take out a life long Life Assurance Policy.. It will never be cheaper

3. Keep the Wee Fellow covered until you are at least 32

4. Enjoy every minute

Congratulations on passing your degree.

1. Start a Pension Plan

2. Take out a life long Life Assurance Policy.. It will never be cheaper

Did you start these in the UK and is that where you would pay into them or wait til in thailand?

I'm trying to learn about what to do with money (off-shore investing, bank axccounts etc.) So i dont meant to open a can of worms here.

I would suggest that you go speak to a financial advisor and discuss what saving best suits you. I know for a young person the whole idea of these life long commitments to saving can be at best a bit of a bore, but believe me. Starting a saving habbit now, will provide real benefits as you get older.

I realize too that Financial Advisors do have a bit of a dull image, but honestly, advice I was given about starting a pension and life assurance when I was around your age has really been a huge benefit to me and is now opening possibilities that I had never dreamed of when I was younger.

I would suggest that you go speak to a financial advisor and discuss what saving best suits you. I know for a young person the whole idea of these life long commitments to saving can be at best a bit of a bore, but believe me. Starting a saving habbit now, will provide real benefits as you get older.

I realize too that Financial Advisors do have a bit of a dull image, but honestly, advice I was given about starting a pension and life assurance when I was around your age has really been a huge benefit to me and is now opening possibilities that I had never dreamed of when I was younger.

Haha funnily enough my father is a financial advisor, he's spoken to me a little about this but it's mostly UK based stuff. Your right, it is rather dull, thats why i'm getting into teaching rather than taking the business over. Thanks for the advice, seems to be a theme coming here.

why would u want to take advice from a jumped up insurance man,fact the uk are given the worst advice in the western world peps endowments pensions,saving accounts shares were u get 12% if your lucky,and you are charged the most ,its like going to see your mate down the street with a first aid badge ,if you need cancer treatment,dont follow the sheep my friend,hey grandpa get real its 2006. :D:D:o

I hope you plan to get some work experience in some UK schools based first. Most people here in international schools have at least 5 years home experience under their belt.

Also, don't apply over here. Go to one of the annual recruitment fairs in london, US or Australia. You'll also notice that there will be some good deals in the Middle East too.

I hope you plan to get some work experience in some UK schools based first. Most people here in international schools have at least 5 years home experience under their belt.

Also, don't apply over here. Go to one of the annual recruitment fairs in london, US or Australia. You'll also notice that there will be some good deals in the Middle East too.

Yeah i think its a case of the more experience the better, plus i actually want to be a good teacher out there. Thanks i had been looking into these job fares, you need 2 years post grad teaching experience to attend them so that'll be the plan when the day comes.