AAA Road service Chiang Mai

stewstrum

OK so I’ve been here for 5 years and have had a flat tire before…. But not at 8:00 PM, half way to Mae Jo and literally in the middle of nowhere.

So here’s the 1st question… How does one pick up the phone, stroke a check and get the bike towed into Chiang Mai. The 2nd … get the tire (Honda PCX) fixed at that time of night?

Yes… I have seen bikes being tied to the back of a songtao and or being put up in the back of a pickup truck… But your making the assumption I am a young man and that speaks Thai well enough to get that job done.

One would think… In a city this size… There would be a number I could call 24 hours a day to get some road side assistance for a motorcycle.

I sympathise bud.....

Its one of the things I dread when out on the bike after 6pm.

If I was drunk I would be stupid and try to drive home, even if it was 10km,....if if was sober....I would try to drive home but a bit slower.....

Well that's the truth isn't it.....

A desperate call to the f/f (girlfriend when not drunk) really would be worth the hasslr, wud it?

Chill ouy bud, worse things happen .

Compus mente....nitnoi!

keep the business card(s) handy for the towing service. there are many of them. i've called as late as about 23:00 before and they are radio dispatched. guy was there in 20 minutes. towed the car to my mechanic and parked it right out front of his shop and hid the keys. about 650 Bath from Hang Dong to the city.

oh wait...motorcycle. don't know but would imagine there must be many similar services for motorcycles in C.M.

PCX is too big to load into a Songtaew even if you could lift it. Personally, I would just ride it in to town with the flat. Otherwise, you may want to buy a can of compresses air/sealant at the store and keep it under the seat for emergencies.

just keep going. Worst case scenario, if you go slow, is needing a new tyre, not a lot of money and easily sorted next day. Usually a new inner next day is worst case scenario.

OP,

Excellent question! And it smells like a good marketing opportunity in the future, if not right away.

I can not comment on motorcycles, but what about autos, at any time, day or night, or at noon. No joke.

An obvious need to be filled. Obviously "AAA" (an American emergency road service for subscribers, among other things) isn't available, but there may be something available (or in the works) in Thailand.

Just to stir up other suggestions not directly helpful to you, I will look again, when I am in the neighborhood, but it seems to me that I saw something offered (perhaps for just one make of automobile) on a large marketing sign (which faced north) at the foot (south end of Sirimangkalajarn Road) at Suthep Road.

In the meantime, I think that calling the general Thai emergency number might, practically, eventually get you connected to the nearest police box, if you know here you are. Otherwise, passing motorists and nearby residents in Thailand are extraordinarily courteous and helpful in my limited experience.

Obviously, you must speak Thai. How odd! wink.png

You could try Slime, goop or similar products in your tyres. Its remains effective for the life of the tyre. These particular brands may not be available but I have seen others. These are not to be confused by the sealants sold by Tesco which would also probably get you home but I believe there is a problem repairing the tyre once these have been used.

santitam has a shop open until 12 midnight all you got to do is get there .

As for cars most mechanics are on call 24 hours a day i live not far from a guy who i see goes out at all kinds of hours have seen him randomly on the the fixing cars at 6 am .

santitam has a shop open until 12 midnight all you got to do is get there .

As for cars most mechanics are on call 24 hours a day i live not far from a guy who i see goes out at all kinds of hours have seen him randomly on the the fixing cars at 6 am .

The area of Santitam is fairly big, any chance of being more specific?

Thanks