Hua Hin - Pattaya by sea with motorcycle

serge555

There used to be a private ferry service for passengers associated with "Thai Living" - which is a Lawyer / Real Estate Office. Not sure if it is still operational, but worth a check. I note you state " cargo ferry" - but depends how much / what type of cargo really. Money talks, so anything is possible if it is within capacity !

I need cargo ferry, better night ferry

The ferry stopped some time ago, reason I got was unpredictable high seas.

As you asked about ferry I am assuming your cargo would be accompanied. That being the case the train may be the best bet. There is one train a day from Bangkok to Pattaya but I think it goes about 6 in the morning, depends how to manage the changeover at the railway station in BKK.

As you asked about ferry I am assuming your cargo would be accompanied. That being the case the train may be the best bet. There is one train a day from Bangkok to Pattaya but I think it goes about 6 in the morning, depends how to manage the changeover at the railway station in BKK.

what high seas? This is not the Atlantic or the North sea. The real reason is that people would not pay the price of such a mode of transport and prefer to take the cheap and dangerous bus on the unpredictable roads. I would love to see it restarted but then more as a mini-cruise with a one night stopover.

I have previously "floated" (pun intended) the idea of a high speed passenger ferry but was shot down due to concerns regarding too much debris in the water in addition to the potential for rough seas. I'm guessing it's not very deep so could be very susceptible to inclement weather.

I thought it a fantastic idea and would use such a service myself if it was fast, safe and reliable.

Bad they do not have night sleeping ferry... as go from Surattani ans Chumpon to Tao. This is very nice trip indeed. This service might be good for people traveling on motorbike, like me. But this is obviously due to this is not mainland - island service, and they just don't need it at all for other cargo and for thai people.

I put a similar post on about 6 years ago, got very much the same replies. Seems no change there.

Hua-Hin, Pattaya is hardly any distance by sea it really would make sense?? The use of a normal ferry boat as opposed to an high speed hover ferry would surley illimanate those dangers mentioned?

jb1

Edited by jimbeam1

what high seas? This is not the Atlantic or the North sea. The real reason is that people would not pay the price of such a mode of transport and prefer to take the cheap and dangerous bus on the unpredictable roads. I would love to see it restarted but then more as a mini-cruise with a one night stopover.

You have obviously not been on a deep sea fishing trip.

There was a hydrofoil service some years back, they purchased two crafts from a company on the black sea, one was pattaya to hua hin and the other was pattaya to Bangkok, it was different idea that did not take of in a big way. I travelled on both services, but only passengers no cargo.

Edited by unclesiberia

I put a similar post on about 6 years ago, got very much the same replies. Seems no change there.

Hua-Hin, Pattaya is hardly any distance by sea it really would make sense?? The use of a normal ferry boat as opposed to an high speed hover ferry would surley illimanate those dangers mentioned?

jb1

It is a good idea in theory but they would need a decent boat. Far too many accidents in this part of the world.

The better bet would be a high speed rail link. My house is only a couple of hundred yards from the BKK to Rayong line and I know that is being worked on. It used to be single track and over the last couple of years they have been laying the second track. It is part of the plan for high speed from Rayong to Burma. When it is completed there will be a better rail service from BKK to Pattaya.

I do not know if there is any plan to improve the line on the western side. at the moment that is very slow. When I came back from Malaysia the last leg of the journey into BKK was so slow it was painful.

Unlikely to see any great improvement in the short term.

The 'Thai Living' fast ferry only took about 3.5 hours and debris was never a problem, but it ceased because of lack of numbers in the 'low season'. I wrote a news article and I travelled on it; - It was a good, well managed service. Contact Thai Living at Jomtien and also ask the former skipper Captain Allan Curyer (mobile 0812 594 264), who still skippers boats from Oceon Marina as he can give you some valuable advice on sea freight.

• 1 month later...